Noticable stuttering/juddering on PS5?

• Thread starter anaid
  • 87 comments
I noticed that when you enter brand central, the frame rate seemingly drops to 15fps. Also the interior texture for the 2014 Audi TT is vibrates a lot for some reason. Tach needle disappears

I noticed that when you enter brand central, the frame rate seemingly drops to 15fps. Also the interior texture for the 2014 Audi TT is vibrates a lot for some reason. Tach needle disappears
If you have the RT mode turned on, there are instances where the game just turns to mush. GT Auto being a big culprit of this. I assume what you're experiencing could be due to that as well.

Update: It happens with almost all vehicles on SSRX. No idea why

I had assumed this was a ps4 problem? I run a base ps4 and online is barely usable, the stuttering on some corners is horrible, 2nd sector at spa is brutal.

Personally I haven’t experienced any of those issues in GT7 running on the PS5. I have the first generation one, it stays vertical, no extra cooling and I have the disk version of the game. So far zero issues.

All I have are loads of airflow behind the unit, other than that, all vanilla as it can be.

I am hoping this update helps with framerates, has anybody had any luck?!
No improvement seen for me on PS5. There seems to be a serious issue and sometimes I get very bad stalling/stuttering. I also noticed that in the bonnet cam view the bonnet sometimes disappears for a while. I wasn't using this view until recently.

I wonder how widespread this issue is since I don't see any mention of it on the PD list of issues.

I notice it at Daytona too, the 10 lap single player GR3 race was particularly bad last time I checked. My PS5 is in the basement, heat is not an issue.
Yes me too - exactly the same event. It was first race of the night for me so surely not a heat related issue; it was particularly noticeable at Turn 6 before the Superstretch.

Never experienced it before - potentially update related?

Edit: actually seeing posts in relation to this, pre-update. So doesn't seem related to yesterday's patch.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with hardware (PS4/PS5), it´s a poor optimization of the GT7 3D engine. On a PS4 PRO it was always silky smooth ride in GT Sport even with supersampling ON. Now I´m forced to avoid the supersampling in GT7 because of irritating unexpected FPS drops.. When you turn off the supersampling mode on a PS4 PRO, you´ll get silky smooth animation without any single FPS drops (Preferred choice for online racing - GT SPORT sessions).

Hello. Last April I bought the PS5 chassis-C along with the GT7 and I can confirm that I also have the same behaviour reported here. I note stuttering on same tracks.
My PS5 is connect to a Sony XH95.

Regards

Last edited:
I get slow down at certain parts of the track at Daytona, there is others but can't mind them :) Been like that for quite some time. Ps5

Last edited:
has anyone found a solution to stuttering because I'm about ready to stop gaming all together. I cant stand it any longer.
What tv settings do you use? My wife bought me a new 43” Bravia for Christmas. I set up the 120Hz and it seemed to be okay, but I did notice all types of stuttering and flashing/flickering, during replays and taking photos(worse when taking photos from the replays). I kept the set up like this since Christmas and just turned the 120Hz setting off yesterday. The game is running better.

I’ve very rarely get stuttering on my 4k Samsung tv. It has HDMI 2.1 with a HDMI 2.1 cable. I assume you’re all using them if you’re trying to get 4k and VRR?

I’ve very rarely get stuttering on my 4k Samsung tv. It has HDMI 2.1 with a HDMI 2.1 cable. I assume you’re all using them if you’re trying to get 4k and VRR?
Yes. Using the 2.1 cable supplied with the PS5. Connected to the “eARC/ARC, 4K, 120Hz“ input. I have current updates to the tv. Don’t know why it was stuttering so much.

I’ll switch it to Automatic again and see what happens.

Yes. Using the 2.1 cable supplied with the PS5. Connected to the “eARC/ARC, 4K, 120Hz“ input. I have current updates to the tv. Don’t know why it was stuttering so much.

I’ll switch it to Automatic again and see what happens.
Are you using a secondary sound system? If not try using another hdmi port without eARC. I never trust that added functionality won’t affect visual latency

Last edited:
Hello,

I've noticed pretty big problems while playing GT7 on PS5, constant stuttering, juddering on Trial mountain and Deep forest circuits, and sometimes it's noticeable on other circuits too. I realised this (in most cases) is happening before entering and after exiting out of tunnels, but also when I'm near group of other cars. I can understand having this kind of problems on PS4 console, but for PS5 this is unacceptable.

Am I the only one having this problem and is there any way of fixing this or what?

Thank you for your answers.

p.s. I'm playing on LG C1 TV.
It's screen tearing. As discussed and it really really annoys me.

There is nothing you or I can do and it's not console specific it's an artefact of the way they extended the tracks.

The frame drops are brutal and really impact the playability and immersion. It is worse online with the input latency.

I don’t recall getting any stuttering during gameplay thankfully, but on replays for sure there is stuttering. Doesn’t spoil the enjoyment, just somewhat disappointing that the beast of a PS5 does this.

Are you using a secondary sound system? If not try using another hdmi port without eARC. I never trust that added functionality won’t affect visual latency
NO secondary sound system. I only connected the PS5 to the number 4 “4K 120 Hz” port. Haven’t used the eARC. This past hour, did one la Sarthe WTC700 race and took a few photos in replay. Nothing unusual at the moment.

Most tv’s only come with one hdmi 2.1 socket. Maybe two, but thats rare. Its worth checking the manual and making sure you’ve chosen the correct one.

I also note stuttering on same tracks and rain races. My PS5 is connect to a Sony XH95 (HDMI 2.0b, no VRR and 4K 60Hz).
It appears to be a problem with the game engine, because other users say they notice the same behaviour and they have 4K 120Hz TVs with VRR and HDMI 2.1.

TBH I never experienced any stuttering. But then I'm the type of guy who usually doesn't really see any difference in games where you can switch between 30 and 60 FPS.
But what I see and what really annoyes me are the constant and quite noticable pop ins on many tracks and I really wonder no one has mentioned those yet.

TBH I never experienced any stuttering. But then I'm the type of guy who usually doesn't really see any difference in games where you can switch between 30 and 60 FPS.
But what I see and what really annoyes me are the constant and quite noticable pop ins on many tracks and I really wonder no one has mentioned those yet.
How's this for awfulness - the bridge at Blue Moon

I wish they'd ditched this track once they knew they'd get Daytona - then maybe we could've had an Indy copycat track instead

There are even worse ones. At La Sarthe for example, or at Dragon Trail.
First I thought it's my PS5 then I watched videos of other ppl and saw that it's the same for them.

But I've seen it on other games also. The Witcher 3 has very noticeable pop ins also.
I just don't really understand it since they bragged so much about the fast memory and fast SSD when they introduced the PS5.

Last edited:
I also note stuttering on same tracks and rain races. My PS5 is connect to a Sony XH95 (HDMI 2.0b, no VRR and 4K 60Hz).
It appears to be a problem with the game engine, because other users say they notice the same behaviour and they have 4K 120Hz TVs with VRR and HDMI 2.1.
Very similar setup here and I also get noticeable frame drops on the 90 degree right hander after the first tunnel on Trial Mountain.

The only time I have ever seen stuttering on my PS5 is as Bruxelles corner at SpA. It would sometimes chunk down to like 4 frames per second there for some reason. Never seen any other bad/slow/stutter spots on screen or in VR even in full lobbies in the rain on any other track.

I haven’t seen the Bruxelles stutter in a while either, so maybe it’s something that has been addressed.

Back