SirAlanClive

Premium
United Kingdom
Florø/Norway
GTP_Rossi/SirAlanClive
At last....

GT5 News 5.4.2013
Notice of Account Ban measures
We have recently confirmed usage of illicitly modified game data in the online services of Gran Turismo 5, and the relevant accounts have now been banned from the service.
Hereafter, these Online ID's in question will no longer be able to access the online portion of Gran Turismo 5.
Please be aware that usage of illicitly modified game data and any mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly prohibited, and will be subject to penalties as soon as they are found.
We ask everyone for their continued understanding and support.

It's badly written for a message sent to millions of people.
Either ...these Online ID's will no longer...
Or ...the Online ID's in question will no longer...

Last edited:
wait does this mean that if you are on a leader board with a hybrid you're banned from gt5? or does it mean if you use a Hybrid online period your banned, like say i use my modded MX-5 to play around on a drift or cruise lobby but only in "for fun" lobbies i won't be banned right?

wait does this mean that if you are on a leader board with a hybrid you're banned from gt5? or does it mean if you use a Hybrid online period your banned, like say i use my modded MX-5 to play around on a drift or cruise lobby but only in "for fun" lobbies i won't be banned right?

I'd say any infringement means you will be banned - from the wording of the text - "as soon as they are found".

I'd say any infringement means you will be banned - from the wording of the text.

Without having a scan out for each and every person driving in an online lobby, checking their car data to make sure its not hacked, banning every infringement may be hard. I think it'll be like fbccars said... And if you're reported etc...

I hope not. Even so I haven't used it but once and cannot handle it so if I must delete it I will but I'd really like to get more details on what is going on first. The report is very vague. I can understand if I were out blowing DT scores off the board with a hybrid and getting banned but having a for fun car driven as such and being banned is dumb especially since in the end an X1/X2011 can mow my MX5 down without trying.

Without having a scan out for each and every person driving in an online lobby, checking their car data to make sure its not hacked, banning every infringement may be hard. I think it'll be like fbccars said... And if you're reported etc...

Sure, I agree with that, but if you're seen you're banned I guess. It has nothing to do with 'just for fun' lobbies.

PD can easily do save data checking when we log in into their server, if you look at the data counters like I do, my PS3 often send/receive more than 5 Mb of data just to get into GT Life menu, there should be some data traffic before the main GT5 screen with online notice ( before intro movie ) and some more data sent/received when loading the main menu ( where you see arcade, gt life, gt tv, course maker, option etc ).

PD might have a secret routine during that period to cross check our save data, easy to do and only needs a little more extra data to be sent/received for checking car data from a save file that mostly less than 4 MB in size ( car data portion )

I'm pulling my PSN off of here for now anyone else with Hybrids I'd recommend doing the same until more details are given. I'd also advise to keep your Hybrids offline period. Mine are getting deleted as we speak.

So is this for people using the cars in the Seasonal events, or any online mode?

Did you miss this link? http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6915.html

They are not saying anything specific other then they have banned people and will continue to do so.

As for the game save check, it might not be good enough to simply sell/delete your hybrids on a save you have already monkied with if you know what I mean. I don't think that is what they are doing personally but who knows.

arora
Did you miss this link? http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6915.html

They are not saying anything specific other then they have banned people and will continue to do so.

As for the game save check, it might not be good enough to simply sell/delete your hybrids on a save you have already monkied with if you know what I mean. I don't think that is what they are doing personally but who knows.

Probably based on reporting.

Can anyone check the data counters when starting GT5 online and see if there's more data sent/received until accessing GT life ... just to see if PD do save game check online.

My PS3 is still in pieces, having a hard time taking off CELL's IHS :(

A most welcome shot across the bows whatever it actually means, personally I hope they ban EVERYONE that has modified data regardless of how/where used.

Well now, that's certainly interesting.

I suppose time will tell exactly what they mean, since it's fairly vague as to what they mean..

any mischievous conduct against other players using such data are strictly prohibited
Sounds like it's referring more to seasonals or when you're reported by people maybe?

Times like these are when I really wish PD was better at PR. I'm personally hoping for a hacked car amnesty like Turn 10 did :indiff:

I suppose time will tell exactly what they mean, since it's fairly vague as to what they mean..
Sounds like it's referring more to seasonals or when you're reported by people maybe?

Since Polyphony has taken complete control of the seasonals as far as car choice is concerned, I'd think it was online racing they're targeting - which suggests this action is a result of Polyphony and other users reporting it to Sony.

Last edited:
Since Polyphony has taken complete control of the seasonals as far as car choice is concerned, I'd think it was online racing they're targeting - which suggests this action is a result of Polyphony and other users reporting it to Sony.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm confused about. It could be that polyphony has only been expressing concerns about the time trials though (considering they've been locking us to pre-set stock cars. latest DT made me rage so much but I digress)

Again, time will tell I guess.

Took long enough! They taint anything online TT and lobbies, just like sports, a few are caught and u wonder about everyone .

I'd say the real question here is 'Will they ban the PS3 ID or just the PSN ID?'
Reading around the net I'm thinking they may go for the PS3 - and then you're 🤬

That's what i am thinking too.

If anyone has used them on the seasonals i wish they could confirm this.

SirAlanClive
I'd say the real question here is 'Will they ban the PS3 ID or just the PSN ID?'
Reading around the net I'm thinking they may go for the PS3 - and then you're 🤬

Fact or rumors about going for the ps3?

Fact or rumors about going for the ps3?

Neither, just some Dad complaining to Sony about his (Dad's) account being banned, insisting his son had done nothing wrong on his (son's) account. No mention of GT5 even - I'm just extrapolating.

The message in the OP is written by Polyphony, but the banning is done by Sony, who have a track record of PS3 ID banning.

Back