Notice of Account Ban measures

Having never had a hybrid (too busy playing the game 'as is' in the GTP TT's) can someone tell me what actually happened after that update? Did hard drives implode? Were people suddenly tattooed with 'Hacker' on their foreheads?

The update got rid of most of the hacked cars (some engine swaps still remain). Despite this game lasting not hacks for over a year people are acting like little children (I find it hilarious reading them).

The update got rid of most of the hacked cars (some engine swaps still remain). Despite this game lasting not hacks for over a year people are acting like little children (I find it hilarious reading them).

What - like the affected cars just disappeared from the garage? What about replays of hybrids? Thanks!

I wouldn't say they disappeared, more like got neutralized. Their horsepower was dropped back down to the stock HP of that car.

This patch mostly left cosmetic changes alone, from what people have said. Alot of people have mentioned they kept their changed engine sounds, altered paint cars.
I don't think any cars actually got deleted, except maybe the hacked X2010s variants that weren't supposed to be used.

It seems every new patch puts my transmission to AT and I have to put it on MT again.

Anybody else also have this problem?

:gtpflag:They did this to the Call of Duty & Black Ops Franchises & all that occurred (important to us old guys) was that they removed your User ID from logging on. So, if you get caught and have nearly finished the game, then it will hurt you. If you created a separate account to monkey around with and gave yourself a few cars, then that will not hurt you at all.

My advice, based on what my Son has done, is to simply open a new email account somewhere & then open a new user ID & :idea:Poof, your back in the game.

This is where the Xbox'rs really get the whammy, 1st because they pay a lot of money a year for each account they carry, but lose out on their $$$ if they paid ahead by more than a few months.

I think that what I have said is correct. It would be if someone else could confirm this as well. :)

Starciller
You don't even have to create a new email just Make up one like charlie3736537@yahoo.com and then you have a new account.

Yeah but the problem with that is if you use a made up one. Good luck getting support for your account if you have any problems with it.

If you have a problem in the future Sony will not help you. You cannot reset your password and other things. Make a real one. I use MSN hot mail it literally takes 5 minutes to make a e-mail

I did everything fake: Email, where I live (I said I come from ACME :lol:) etc. I don't really trust PSN so I made fake stuff. GTP, I trust.

RESHIRAM5
I did everything fake: Email, where I live (I said I come from ACME :lol:) etc. I don't really trust PSN so I made fake stuff. GTP, I trust.

Hope you don't have any issues with your account if you want to keep it.

If i make a new PSN account (which I have over 30 of them. I just do the simple things by making it the same or similar to my online Id. Only takes five minutes to make one on my phone. So just in case I have a problem with my account I will always have a back up plan.

You don't have to. I just recommend it.

It seems every new patch puts my transmission to AT and I have to put it on MT again.

I usually have something like this happen, it still happens now although I haven't got the new patch yet. Whenever I finish a B-Spec race, it resets my transmission to AT and I put it to MT again.

all of my cosmetic changes are back to normal. No more slammed cars. Which is really about the only thing I did :/

I didnt really notice this issue because this usually happens when your transmission changing from manual to automatic usually happens when you drive a non-geared car like the go karts and you return into a car that have a 4,5,6,7,or 8 speed manual transmission and you forget to go to your car driving aids and change the gearbox to manual. the only problem i ever encountered is the hood camera view vibrating when your driving your car at 280+ mph but that might be just me.

Last edited:
Ironically, when GranTurismo.com first started the gamers online pics, six of the ten cars were HACKS. The featured car, a Cuda had a hack paint job. I know because I have one myself. I haven't raced in over a month. I like making them. I'm 58 and I'm starting to develop an imagination again. Instead of banning the gamers, PSN can use the "free experimental data" to create a new game. Or make GT6 even more spectacular. But instead they're squashing us like bugs because they can. One more thing for my DRAG RACING BUDS. Hopefully GT6 has a "REGULATION DRAGSTRIP" with a real CHRISTMAS TREE & STAGING LIGHTS. Last rant, maybe. I understand the excitement of the war games. But I see kids younger than tweenagers bragging about all the headshots they did in a sit down. Blood spraying a wall, cutting a gamer to ribbons. It's too realistic. More than let's say the cardboard cut-outs GT5 has standing on the edge of race tracks. Maybe with a click of a keyboard PSN can put a (*) next to the car name when it's HACKED. After all the did finally fix the BLACK SCREEN!!!

I'm curious does anyone know if this only applies for seasonal events and special races and not regular races or does it apply to all of Gran turismo Gt Life mode in general?

dustin862
I'm curious does anyone know if this only applies for seasonal events and special races and not regular races or does it apply to all of Gran turismo Gt Life mode in general?

According to what has happened in the past, only online seasonal events.

Agreed 100%. I was initially reluctant to hack any cars, however after I made my first few, I realised it's the most fun I've had in GT5 for well over a year.

GT5 offline is boring and too small with pointless AI
GT5 Seasonals got boring after a few months with the chase the rabbit races
GT5 online is flawed with poor coding, lag, idiots and noobs and the same cars dominating PP races.

With hacked cars, it was something new to enjoy. You could create a truly unique car. Realistic hybrids added greater variety to races and allowed replicas of real cars to be made.

'GT5 The Real Driving Simulator'
Part swaps are part of a real driving experience. A part that until recently Gran Turismo was missing.

And if someone say that hybrids are not real so shouldn't be part of GT5:
Red Bull X2010/2011- Not Real
FGT- Not Real
Polyphony Go Karts- Not real
GT Super Touring Cars- Not Real
RM Cars - Not Real
TC Cars - Not Real

Say's you!
Fine, if that's your opinion you are obviously entitled to an opinion. However, if i were bored with a game or practice i would just try a different game or practice. I could maybe be bored with skiing and turn to snowbording, or i could be bored watching tv and listen to some music.
It may be boring for you, it's not boring for those who don't cheat. I like it as a game, for occasional use.
The creators of the game can and will label the game within the guidelines of the law, as they wish, it's their product to market. I do not think of it as a real driving simulator but some do.
As for this:
Red Bull X2010/2011- Not Real
FGT- Not Real
Polyphony Go Karts- Not real
GT Super Touring Cars- Not Real
RM Cars - Not Real
TC Cars - Not Real
so what? It's great entertainment! :)
To me, it's very easy to understand, i don't mess with the sorfware at all. Those who do? well well well.......
Bring on GT6 and PS4!

*looks at OP date* April '13. It's October and I'm not aware of any people that got banned for using hybrids. I don't think this will happen anyway.

GT5Power
*looks at OP date* April '13. It's October and I'm not aware of any people that got banned for using hybrids. I don't think this will happen anyway.

GT5 accounts were blocked from accessing online features. As I had said before, it only occurred when hacked cars were used in online seasonal events. Events such as the Time and Drift Trials in the seasonal events. That was mainly the issue.

Back