[Notice to all beta testers] - let's coordinate our suggestions of improvement to the studio

• Thread starter Yinato
  • 39 comments
You would have thought they'd want as many people as possible in there.

Kind of defeats the object of having people on the Beta and then not sorting out access for them.

There are a couple of threads on the Sony forums as well so it seems it's not just the odd user.

What is the point in me bothering to play the Beta, if I have an opinion on something I can't give it so it's all a bit pointless really.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure why it's hard for some people to understand that PD doesn't want feedback from everyone testing the beta. They probably capped the number of people being able to give feedback so they doesn't get overwhelmed.

Beside they are reading this forum, so why not make a bug report thread here that would be strictly administered by someone with just bug report ?

I'm not so sure why it's hard for some people to understand that PD doesn't want feedback from everyone testing the beta. They probably capped the number of people being able to give feedback so they doesn't get overwhelmed.

Beside they are reading this forum, so why not make a bug report thread here that would be strictly administered by someone with just bug report ?

Because every Beta I have ever been involved in has wanted feedback and has provided a means for everyone involved to do so.

Unless they just send out an email saying they want us to join the forum and provide feedback for ***** and giggles of course?

You're saying what you are saying as if it's fact. You do not KNOW, you may suspect that this is the case but you do not KNOW it. So I'd appreciate it if you could knock off the condescension like I'm being some kind of unreasonable idiot by thinking it's maybe just possible that when a company tells you in an email they want your feedback but the forum doesn't allow you access they've maybe, just maybe made a mistake when granting permissions.

Because every Beta I have ever been involved in has wanted feedback and has provided a means for everyone involved to do so.

Unless they just send out an email saying they want us to join the forum and provide feedback for ***** and giggles of course?
Like I said and mods too, this forum is followed by PD so if you really want to give feedback, create a thread here with only feedback and bug report, what's the big deal ?

For me you sound like a kid whos crying because he didn't got the blue candy he wanted in his candy bag.

This has some potential, I agree with "it would be bad to post a total list", but imho perhaps users can discuss their bugs here and then get one user to raise the bug with all of the PSN ID's who are experiencing it with a well written summary of the bug and the steps to reproduce it and then each PSN user raises the bug again referencing the first bug ID.

There could also be categories that bugs are grouped into and then posted as a single item, in the past we have seen comprehensive lists here of all the cars that have incorrect details compared to the real life car, wrong drive train, wrong number of cylinders, wrong number of gears etc etc, all that information compiled into a single bug report could save PD a lot of time... again I still feel all the other users would have to raise a reference to this bug so it doesn't somehow slip through the cracks.

This is a tricky thing to approach, but there may be users here who have coding or graphics experience that could help PD pinpoint the bugs quicker, e.g. someone says every-time I pass this thing on the track it looks like a hole into another dimension... and someone with shader knowledge points out that an object has a broken or missing shader and then someone with knowledge of the track gives it's exact location... saving PD some time perhaps...

Just my thoughts, good luck to all of you with the beta, I'm extremely jealous and hope that you all are responsible and contribute to the game development as well as having fun playing the game.

Like I said and mods too, this forum is followed by PD so if you really want to give feedback, create a thread here with only feedback and bug report, what's the big deal ?

For me you sound like a kid whos crying because he didn't got the blue candy he wanted in his candy bag.
You say PD is watching and responding to these threads can you please copy and paste some of that

The form is for reporting Bugs, not for making Suggestions. However, at the bottom of the form under User Imapct it says Major, Minor, & Suggestion. That makes no sense at all, but might make it seem like they want suggestions as well as bug reports.

There was a time when I was all up for putting effort in to giving them suggestions, but it all fell on deaf ears. Sure, a couple of things changed, but there was no way of knowing if my efforts were in anyway instrummental in that. PD are one of the most ignorant game devs I've ever had the misfortune to try & interact with, & imho they don't deserve the time & effort we put in to giving them feedback.

VBR
The form is for reporting Bugs, not for making Suggestions. However, at the bottom of the form under User Imapct it says Major, Minor, & Suggestion. That makes no sense at all, but might make it seem like they want suggestions as well as bug reports.

There was a time when I was all up for putting effort in to giving them suggestions, but it all fell on deaf ears. Sure, a couple of things changed, but there was no way of knowing if my efforts were in anyway instrummental in that. PD are one of the most ignorant game devs I've ever had the misfortune to try & interact with, & imho they don't deserve the time & effort we put in to giving them feedback.

This 100x over, Ian Bell that head guy at SMS frequents here and actually interacts with the people who pay his wages, Yeah maybe PCars1 was abit of a bug fest but on the whole it still blows any and all iterations of GT out of the water.

And thanks to him interacting with the community everybody involved be it the head guy or just someone with a suggestion feels part of something bigger. Figured replying to this comment would emphasize how PD fail to do things.

You say PD is watching and responding to these threads can you please copy and paste some of that
I never said they were responding but they arent responding on the official beta forum either.

I said they are watching GTP and it's just to quote a Moderator here that said so. I'll need to dig and find the post if you really want me to.

Back