Noticed a Problem (Integra Type-R)

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasterDriver
  • 16 comments
  • 1,640 views
Messages
306
United States
NY
Messages
Liquizon
I believe the speedometer is messed up. It max's out kinda quickly and you still have an entire gear to go... Anyone else notice this?
 
Yes. the speedo in the in car view only goes to 140 KM per hour.
 
Its 180kmph maxed out actually. Most JDM cars at 2.0l and lower are like that.
 
Its 180kmph maxed out actually. Most JDM cars at 2.0l and lower are like that.

All JDM cars are like that, only the new STI, GTR and EVO show more than 180km/h but they still have a limiter at 180km/h.
 
Hadn't noticed it yet. As a Honda fan, I must protest!

:)
 
Nope the speedo reads 140km/h. Once it hits that the hud speedo keeps on going.

One thing I have noticed about all the Japanese and European cars is that they all have KM speedos even though i've selected MPH in options. Only the hud changes between the two choices.
 
You can't expect the speedos in the cars themselves to change if you select MPH instead of KPH, that would involve a new texture map for anyone who wanted to change. Only the actual game display changes.

As for the maxing out thing, most Japanese cars (and motorcycles) are limited to 80mph or thereabouts, so the speedo usually only reads up to a certain amount, even if the derestricted car can reach a greater speed. The speedo issue was also apparent in Tourist Trophy on many of the Japanese bikes.
 
Nope the speedo reads 140km/h. Once it hits that the hud speedo keeps on going.

One thing I have noticed about all the Japanese and European cars is that they all have KM speedos even though i've selected MPH in options. Only the hud changes between the two choices.

Keep in mind they are modeling the gauge cluster after what is found in the real car, not what option you choose to view the units in.

JDM cars are all mostly governed electronically limiting their speed.
 
I never noticed that, but there is an error with the Lancer Evolution X. The name says GSR, but it's actually one of those damn MRs; It has 6 gears. ALos, the driver's hands don't move at all...
 
I never noticed that, but there is an error with the Lancer Evolution X. The name says GSR, but it's actually one of those damn MRs; It has 6 gears. ALos, the driver's hands don't move at all...

The Evo X has a paddle-shift transmission, so the driver's hands don't need to move off the steering wheel to change gear.
 
The Evo X has a paddle-shift transmission, so the driver's hands don't need to move off the steering wheel to change gear.

I know, but shouldn't he move his fingers to shift the paddles? Alas, I'll suport the STI due to the transmission.

Edit:
BTW, Forza 2 had the same naming problem in the last DLC pack.
 
I never noticed that, but there is an error with the Lancer Evolution X. The name says GSR, but it's actually one of those damn MRs; It has 6 gears. ALos, the driver's hands don't move at all...

The DSG version i called GSR in Japan. The MR is the US name and the evo in GT5p is the JP version.
 
The DSG version i called GSR in Japan. The MR is the US name and the evo in GT5p is the JP version.

oh... well now it makes sense... I still wish they used the Japanese equivalent of the U.S. GSR, whatever it may be called.
 
I know, but shouldn't he move his fingers to shift the paddles?

In theory yes, but do you really miss the miniscule movement you'd see of the fingers pulling the paddles? It'd hardly be a big movement and there are more pressing things to take in when you're racing...
 
I believe the speedometer is messed up. It max's out kinda quickly and you still have an entire gear to go... Anyone else notice this?

Tis the same with the RX7. :)
 
Back