November DLC Clues

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 103 comments
By the logic of many, FM4 should've been 15 dollars because it has 350 cars from FM3, and Dlc, and "only" 5 new enviroments. Im not trying to be an apologist, but that's just how dumb the premise is. I know how it could be made to make sense.

The game shipped with close to 145 cars. By comparison Most Wanted has what, 30? So they are expanding the roster, giving you the OPTION to have the cars you used in ANOTHER game, plus some new ones, some reskins and rebadgees. If you want it, u pay for it, plain and simple. If you dont like the price, wait later and get it cheaper, if u want it cheap... you are in the wrong hobbie. I don't remember any time when T10/Microsoft gave away something for free... oh wait... they give u a free car a month.

It's about options, and they are not free

I don't think half a game would have gotten the review scores it did, the DLC is a bonus and its a choice, you don't have to buy it. Putting licenced cars in games costs money. Just because you had a car in forza 4 does not mean say BMW for example don't want more money to put in horizon.

Agreed

The game shipped with close to 145 cars. By comparison Most Wanted has what, 30?
Yeah, and they could've pulled a "look at us, we've got ten times as many cars as other contemporary open world games, buy ours!" You know, try to sell more copies. Get a bigger installation base for the DLC. Actually penetrate the market before trying to milk it.

In that situation, everybody wins. The customers because they've got loads of content, the publisher because of high sales figures (instead if higher individual profits) and the developers because they're not getting yelled at.

By the way, who in their right mind would use EA as a comparison, when the value of a game is concerned? You don't enter a political debate saying "Yeah, but Mitt Romney still isn't as nasty as Adolf Hitler", do you? :lol:

Hi,

did that happen to anybody else?

On Saturday, all cars of the November DLC appeared in my Autoshow.
They were marked as "DLC" and I wasn't able to buy them.
Later on they disappeard.

Bug :)

Oh, it's DLC day tomorrow? Never been so meh about Forza DLC, but I've got the season pass, so I'll get the cars anyway.

Hi,

did that happen to anybody else?

On Saturday, all cars of the November DLC appeared in my Autoshow.
They were marked as "DLC" and I wasn't able to buy them.
Later on they disappeard.

Bug :)

Did you try getting the Wrangler? That's the free one.

I would like to apologize for not updating the thread. The reason. Hurricane Sandy. Due to this I couldn't keep this informed. So sorry about that so I might as well just say this. I'll see you in Horizon and on Here on ForzaPlanet

The whole DLC thing is a joke and IMO is ruining console gaming. I didn't buy FM4 because of it, as I would rather just wait until the special edition or whatever it's going to be called comes out with all the DLC on it, like FM3. However, it was my birthday recently and my girlfriend bought me Forza Horizon so I bought the Season Pass, even though it is priced extortionately (the irony is not lost on me) - I have just been waiting to long to play a decent driving game. I am just hoping that they make DLC that opens new areas of the map, like roads on the mountain for instance and gives us new race series, etc. but I guess if they've said it will only cover car-packs then we're not going to get anything more than that. I am enjoying the game a lot, I just feel that the consumer is being taken for a ride with DLC that really should have been in the game from the get go. If they go and release a Porsche pack for 1600MSP or whatever they charged before, I might just use my disk as a frisbee.

The Rally Expansion on December 18th adds a dedicated Rally mode, so I'd hope it brings new roads and areas on the map. It will be free within the season pass.

Yeah, and they could've pulled a "look at us, we've got ten times as many cars as other contemporary open world games, buy ours!" You know, try to sell more copies. Get a bigger installation base for the DLC. Actually penetrate the market before trying to milk it.

In that situation, everybody wins. The customers because they've got loads of content, the publisher because of high sales figures (instead if higher individual profits) and the developers because they're not getting yelled at.

Agreed, especially on the basis that it really wouldn't have taken much time at all to massively increase Horizon's garage to such a level. It's not a matter of "hold on guys, we have a deadline, and we have to create all these cars"; the situation was "oh, we've got all these cars ready-made. Use them? Naaaah".

Never thought I'd say this but... I LOVE the new Stang, that sound!!!

I agree with you it does sound great with the supercharger whining and the exhust too. I also love the Ford Raptor that sounds like a beast and I'm sure once I get the Ford GT and GT40 those should sound great as well.

Back