November DLC Clues

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 103 comments
What the hell is it with them withholding content when it could have been obviously included? I agree with all of you. This is disgusting. A 240sx dlc? LOL. They are milking us to the max. Cheap cases with no manual and the LCE just a tin box and some dlc calling it 'collectors edition'... and it goes on and on. What a freakin joke.

I can say so much more about the B S they are pulling at some other time. But I was wondering how the online modes will be for DLC cars? The vinyl support is already broken and the dlc cars I see are blacked out. How do you DLC drivers feel about that? I am avoiding all their DLC stuff for my own pride.

By the way, I can never understand the logic behind these P O S fanboys defending them.

edit: Good there are free cars in each pack like in FM4. It would be lame to others that have to see those black cars.

Sucks that the Jeep is the free car. Might as well only buy the 240SX but even I think that's pushing it. Honestly, I like the cars in this pack but I'm not too keen on spending more money on a pack filled FM4 cars and variations of existing cars. I don't blame anyone for being upset about this.

What the hell is it with them withholding content when it could have been obviously included?
I think a second disc would have been the only way to include any more. Why they didn't go that route...only they know.

They are milking us to the max. Cheap cases with no manual and the LCE just a tin box and some dlc calling it 'collectors edition'... and it goes on and on. What a freakin joke.
I have to agree on the LCE although I despise the flimsy plastic cases they produce these days.

It's a shame to see this happen to a great game with such a long-anticipated concept. Like Luminis expressed earlier, I really want to support this game and I will probably end up getting the Season Pass anyway; each car means so much more on these roads than they did to me on FM4's flat megaplex circuits.

Thats why I didnt get the season pass especially not for that outrageous price of what $50.00?? I still love Forza and T10 but I knew this was going to happen. However I am still enjoying the game.

It will be interresting to see if they try to charge for a Porsche pack later down the road. While they might not have a Porsche license for Horizon right now, neither did Forza 4 at first. If they try to pull something like that again with the Porsche pack, I think people will rage.

I also still love this game but their obvious shady business practices annoys me. If they kept it hidden well I would not rage as much =P Actually the DLC is important to me than FM4 because they purposely made the car list short. For those that will enjoy their DLC then all the power to you.

Just look how they selfishly handled the LCE. Those press release kits given for free is nothing like the LCE offered to us. Why give those people that? They don't deserve it as much as we do. I doubt many cared at all. The fact that it was given away and they just give us a tin can, game, and digital stuff for $80 is sickening. There are photos of the press release set somewhere in the official FH forums in case you guys want to see.

Thats why I didnt get the season pass especially not for that outrageous price of what $50.00?? I still love Forza and T10 but I knew this was going to happen. However I am still enjoying the game.

It will be interresting to see if they try to charge for a Porsche pack later down the road. While they might not have a Porsche license for Horizon right now, neither did Forza 4 at first. If they try to pull something like that again with the Porsche pack, I think people will rage.

*shakes head*

I would pay for Porsches again, because they're pretty special cars we don't have in Horizon. Upgraded M3s and Mustangs aren't.

Not the most stellar of car packs, I must say.

Ok, the M3 GTS, the Shelby 1000 and the Performante are nice. The other three copy & paste jobs from F4 that we have to pay for again???? WTF??

The other disappointing aspect is the fact we only get 6 cars monthly as DLC.

The entire dlc thing is bugging me a lot.

I look at dlc as things to improve the game that couldn't be implemented originally. In the case of fm4, the Porsche pack came after they secured the license, which they likely had to pay for in addition to the design. That is legit and worth the expense.

Cars added that are new or coming out after original release or had to be designed and couldn't be included initially due to time.

These are legit thing to pay for dlc for.

But when it's content that could easily be put in an initial release and is deliberately held back to sell later down the road, that is wrong IMO. First day dlc is bs, as its obvious they didn't have to develop it later and developed it alongside the game, then just held back to sell separate and make more money.

This is shady. Save dlc for real improvements. Take a game like Horizon, it BEGS foe legit dlc. Have an initial release with ALL the previous forza cars. Then continue to develop more roads and area to expand the map. When you have a new section, sell it as dlc. The keep it going, implementing new cars not in original release, new sections of map, etch, etc.

That is dlc worth paying for as its legit development to improve the game, and not just stuff that could have been there in the first place.

Just my opinion.

No matter how much we moan about the packs, who is going to listen? no one - packs will just continue.

I know the T10 team look at the official FM forum. I don't know if they look at this site yet, it's still relatively new and small. Perhaps if this forum grows they'll take notice and see our reactions. So long as we keep it mature they might just take notice. Alternatively we could perhaps send some well-worded e-mails?

At the end of the day we made Forza and Turn 10 what it is, and Turn 10 are treating us like muppets

Take a look at the DLC thread on the official forums, overmoderating at it's best

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/5824090/ShowThread.aspx

For the record, up until yesterday the thread was up to 9 pages or so of discussion both for and against the pack. Now it's cleaned and it seems like you're only allowed to post if you're singing songs of praise for the pack

I broke down and bought the Season Pass last night. I figured I'm going to buy the DLC anyway, might as well make it a little easier and cheaper for me.

The way I see it, Forza 4's monthly content did an awesome job at keeping the game fresh for me. I expect Forza Horizon to do the same. I have no complaints about Turn10's DLC plans after dealing with Gran Turismo's lack there-of DLC.

Yeah, I'm tempted to get the season pass myself. Horizon is one of the most fun racing games I've played in a while, and I want to support this game so that we can see a sequel. But the DLC is going to have to be a little better than this. I might wait for the next pack to see if things are better before I buy the season pass. It's a gamble to buy it now.

I know the T10 team look at the official FM forum. I don't know if they look at this site yet, it's still relatively new and small. Perhaps if this forum grows they'll take notice and see our reactions. So long as we keep it mature they might just take notice. Alternatively we could perhaps send some well-worded e-mails?

At the end of the day we made Forza and Turn 10 what it is, and Turn 10 are treating us like muppets

Take a look at the DLC thread on the official forums, overmoderating at it's best

For the record, up until yesterday the thread was up to 9 pages or so of discussion both for and against the pack. Now it's cleaned and it seems like you're only allowed to post if you're singing songs of praise for the pack

I agree one hundred percent, i'll sure send emails, might even sign up to fm.net, also another Ben from the west midlands. :) :D

I swear that thread had 9 pages a few days ago. Glad to see I'm not going crazy. But wow, things like this make me happy to just stay here on Forza Planet, even though it's not very active yet.

I swear that thread had 9 pages a few days ago. Glad to see I'm not going crazy. But wow, things like this make me happy to just stay here on Forza Planet, even though it's not very active yet.
The mods basically deleted the whole threads, aside from some overly positive posts.

You know, Ive tried very hard to keep my mouth shut on this issue. And I hope Im not punished for speaking up, but Im confused by the whining majority here. How exactly would you like them to do DLC without using ANY cars that Forza has already used? You would have a pretty dull racing game, imo. And you would have to erase quite abit of the existing cars as well. And let me also point out the obvious: This is only the first of AT LEAST 6 DLC packs. I just feel that people are complaining to complain. I see so much hate because the list is already so short and why more cars didnt make it in since they used Forza's information, yet now we get DLC with Forza cars and everyone complains about that too. Wow....

Stolen from FMnet. This is the kind of customer that T10 LOVES. Completely unflinching in his reaction to paying for the same content multiple times. How long until they release another Porsche pack and charge $10 for it yet again?

They must love paying £40 for half a game, and another £40-50 for the rest of it.
I don't see why the cars are in the dlc packs, i wonder what process they have to go through when porting across from FM4?.

Stolen from FMnet. This is the kind of customer that T10 LOVES. Completely unflinching in his reaction to paying for the same content multiple times. How long until they release another Porsche pack and charge $10 for it yet again?
What baffles me the most is that the guy you quoted seems to think that there are no cars that haven't been featured in FM4. So much for mixing carlovers and gamers.

They must love paying £40 for half a game, and another £40-50 for the rest of it.
I don't see why the cars are in the dlc packs, i wonder what process they have to go through when porting across from FM4?.

I don't think half a game would have gotten the review scores it did, the DLC is a bonus and its a choice, you don't have to buy it. Putting licenced cars in games costs money. Just because you had a car in forza 4 does not mean say BMW for example don't want more money to put in horizon.

I agree with that guy from FM.net. We'll never be able to drive any of the cars from FM4 that are missing unless they're added as DLC. This pack is still underwhelming, though.

Completely unflinching in his reaction to paying for the same content multiple times. How long until they release another Porsche pack and charge $10 for it yet again?
You're only buying content multiple times if you bought it the first time in FM4. Porsche in Horizon would be a first purchase for me -- I'd buy it.

The mods basically deleted the whole threads, aside from some overly positive posts.

Deleting 2/3 of a thread just because of differing opinions. Ridiculous...

But you know what? 🤬 it. I'm buying the season pass. I just realized that driving in this game is too much fun since I said I would buy every car in the game to race and tune, so I'm going to settle for these, despite what they are. If I buy this pack, I know I'll settle for anything that's in the future packs since it can't get worse than this, so might as well go the whole hog and save a little money with the season pass. But sincerely, I really hope the later packs are better than this. I really do.

Once again, people need to stop using this to prove a point because it proves nothing.

With Most wanted just released I think it will be awhile, if at all.
Personally I don't think Porsche will come to this game.

It's unlikely, at least. But the Porsche pack is a bad example of DLC, anyways. After all, T10 really couldn't have put it into the game, whether they wanted or not. That's why that never bothered me, at all.

Although I feel a bit let down with DLC I must say I am thourghly enjoying Horizon so far. Had my first online play last night with Fezz ST and although I was rubbish i really enjoyed it :)

But you know what? 🤬 it. I'm buying the season pass. I just realized that driving in this game is too much fun since I said I would buy every car in the game to race and tune, so I'm going to settle for these, despite what they are. If I buy this pack, I know I'll settle for anything that's in the future packs since it can't get worse than this, so might as well go the whole hog and save a little money with the season pass. But sincerely, I really hope the later packs are better than this. I really do.
It's like going to the grand opening of the finest restaurant you've ever been to, with a glorious meal and exquisite service and a grand view over a marble balcony...but when you're given the dessert menu, the only options are twinkies and boxed donuts and gas station strudels.

They're still sweet foods, and the whole experience is still good. But you would expect some better after-dinner options.

Back