November DLC - eBay Motors Car Pack - MP4/4 anyone?

Seems silly to me that the MP4/4 has a better handling stats than all of the modern race cars, LMP and single seaters included.

Seems silly to me that the MP4/4 has a better handling stats than all of the modern race cars, LMP and single seaters included.
On that note, how are you guys finding the Mclaren compared to the real thing?

What a strange sound the mazda makes. I quite like it.
It's amazing in person. Seeing as how the Mazda is in a class of its own, it's rarely near the rest of field so you can hear that sweet, sweet engine sound (and it's incredibly quiet). My buddy and I would root for it every time it went by.

Today's Modern racers aren't overly cool in the way the MP4/4 is, so there! Lol.

On the Mazda, I'm not a diesel person, but I enjoy having them in the game and wish there were some more. It's good to try something different.

Some ideas about the surprise which no-one has guessed yet...

Some of the race cars added to Horizon for free driving?

Motorbikes in 6?

Both would be really game changing.

Just got the Nissan Nismo LM. Gonna test it out.

Edit: Holy heck, it handles so much nicer than the one from GT6. Still has horrible wheelspin at the start, but the FWD setup doesn't produce immense understeer. Not to mention, it sounds nice too.

Modern grand prix cars have skinnier tires and much smaller wings than in 1988, so I'm not surprised.

If you paint the 4 yellow before you put the Marlboro livery on it, would this make the helmet yellow, as happens in this game? It wouldn't be exact, but it would be a yellow and black helmet at least.

Finally got me Car Pack.

and I see the Nissan #23 GT-R LM Nismo is the free car.. Very nice.

Wonder why it wasn't featured in the Trailer?

Either way I am more than confident that the best has yet to come from these Car Packs :)

I found that last month too; the download had finished, so my queue was empty, but I couldn't play the game.

Seems it's a glitch though, since I just head to the marketplace link for FM6 (I had the Ultimate pinned before launch), then just select Play Game from there, and it always loads up fine. Weird.
By chance are you reading the percentage off the little tile on the dashboard? I've noticed a few times that my downloads would show it being stuck at a percentage for a while, but when I went to the actual Apps section there was nothing in que. When I checked out the game through the Apps section it also showed as if the download had already finished.

By chance are you reading the percentage off the little tile on the dashboard? I've noticed a few times that my downloads would show it being stuck at a percentage for a while, but when I went to the actual Apps section there was nothing in que. When I checked out the game through the Apps section it also showed as if the download had already finished.

Yep, you guessed it!

I see myself building a lot of Prowlers. Not only have I already built a handling-biased C-Class one, but I've done the LS/6-speed swap too. Removed the front bumper, gave it a new set of wheels, looks great in dark purple.

The racing front bumper is hilarious on the car, too. Gives it a little goatee-looking chin strap. :lol:

Modern grand prix cars have skinnier tires and much smaller wings than in 1988, so I'm not surprised.

There's no way a GP car from the 80's cab out handle a current day car. The aero and tyre game has moved on so much.

There's no way a GP car from the 80's cab out handle a current day car. The aero and tyre game has moved on so much.
I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight, I think I'd like to do a comparison of the fastest lap times between comparable Grand Prix races between 1988 and 2015. After all, as teams find ways to make their cars faster, the FIA keeps changing the rules to slow them back down again. I'm curious to see how much of a difference there is between then and now.

Suzuka '88 Pole: 1:41
Suzuka 2015 pole: 1:32

That's the only track that hasn't really had any changes to the layout.
9 seconds is significant. What about fastest lap? Same difference?

Just because they're faster, doesn't mean they handle better. I imagine the turbo has progressed so much that the modern F1 car gets out of corners much, much quicker, which still wouldn't mean they handled better.

Man, if nobody got even remotely close to guess what the 'surprise' on the official forums then it must be something pretty abstract.

Return of car soccer, avatar customization are good guesses @SlipZtrEm I still think it's going to be new cars, maybe halloween themed? Who knows when the stream starts? Might have to tune and see what it is!

I get the feeling they exaggerated the MP4/4 stats a bit just to keep it out of P class because it'll dominate it.

VXR
Just because they're faster, doesn't mean they handle better. I imagine the turbo has progressed so much that the modern F1 car gets out of corners much, much quicker, which still wouldn't mean they handled better.

Two less gears would help kill the power a bit.

Back