Now i remember why i stopped playing...

Canada
Ontario
Prenihility
So, i got back on GT6 after a really long time off the game. And i was really bummed out by the fact that i missed a lot of the Seasonals, and how you can't replay old ones like you could in GT5 (I still don't understand why they did that). I even talked about that in a thread i started several weeks ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/missed-some-seasonals-there-anything-i-can-do.306401/

But that isn't really the main issue. It's not the main problem i have with the Seasonals. It's the way they're handled. Now, as far i remember (it wasn't that long ago after all...), in GT5, the majority of seasonals (Time Trial or not) provided you with the necessary cars. Here... you're looking at a Seasonal and say "GREAT! I can't wait to... not do it". Because you have to buy a car which is worth 300,000 credits, 400,000... etc.

Who in their right mind came up with this idea? I'd have to grind the Redbull X races for an undetermined, RIDICULOUS amount of time before i can even purchase all of the necessary cars to START the Seasonals.

Now i really, really remember why i've grown such resentment for Gran Turismo 6. Everything was fine and dandy for GT5. But DAMN... This was a shocker. Is it just me, or are the Seasonal Events in GT6 looking like nothing more than a lure for microtransactions? I'm basically either FORCED to grind up enough credits, or purchase credits in order to play a certain part of the game. It's quite twisted.

Seasonal TTs disappeared in GT5 also after some time frame I'm not recalling. Ildd told you correctly in the other thread that most of these TTs can be accomplished with cars won from completing the game. If you sell those cars as you win them, or boost everything immediately with every upgrade available, or have not played the offline career that's your fault. I can't think of a car I've had to buy for seasonals in GT6 that wasn't under 60k credits. Upgrading generally only is necessary if you wish to take on the leaderboards. Try going through your garage filtering by manufacturers to find ones you need for the TTs available. Just a suggestion.:cheers:

There are plenty of reasons to not play this so called game.

I will give you one now.

Bought a nice little Tuscan to play the supercar series in Int B licence. Won the first two races and come to Le Mans.

Car is geared for 200 mph and is nice, light and quick. So should be fine I thought, other two races were relatively easy considering I only have 530PP in a 630PP class.

So I start at Le Mans, get up to second in the first lap and am behind a McLaren new shape, which seems to have about 1000hp.

I catch him quick enough, but then as usual in finest GT6 AI fashion, after catching and passing, bless him he finds about 15 seconds a lap and stays glued to my bumber in his 1000hp rocketship that is slow as dogs in the corners but can get past on every straight. (while also of course trying to spin me round at every chance if I get on his programmed line of course)

Until we enter Mulsanne, it's dark. I get through the entry real well and pull away, then am simply turned around on the straight by a car doing 50 mph more than me that I didn't see because his lights only appear about 4 yhards away from me. And I am doing 200 mph spinning and of course he doesnt get affected and goes on to win.

This happens three or four times and I switch off.

This game sucks more ass than any other racing title. it hasn't been tested properly. THe AI is possibly the worst I ahve seen in any racing game going back to the Amiga days and nearly every arce starts with a silent car.

Quite how anyone could seriously charge good money for a game this poorly tested and bugged is beyond me.

But that isn't really the main issue. It's not the main problem i have with the Seasonals. It's the way they're handled. Now, as far i remember (it wasn't that long ago after all...), in GT5, the majority of seasonals (Time Trial or not) provided you with the necessary cars. Here... you're looking at a Seasonal and say "GREAT! I can't wait to... not do it". Because you have to buy a car which is worth 300,000 credits, 400,000... etc.

Who in their right mind came up with this idea? I'd have to grind the Redbull X races for an undetermined, RIDICULOUS amount of time before i can even purchase all of the necessary cars to START the Seasonals.

Now i really, really remember why i've grown such resentment for Gran Turismo 6. Everything was fine and dandy for GT5. But DAMN... This was a shocker. Is it just me, or are the Seasonal Events in GT6 looking like nothing more than a lure for microtransactions? I'm basically either FORCED to grind up enough credits, or purchase credits in order to play a certain part of the game. It's quite twisted.

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think you had to buy the cars for the seasonals in GT5. But I also think it changed when hybriding because popular. I do remember that there were some using hybrid cars in GT5 seasonals though, so there were at least some events that you had to buy the car for.

In which seasonal do you need to buy a car for 300 000 - 400 000 credits? Isn't it mostly cheaper cars that are being used?

I haven't touched it for a bit either. It does keep catching my eye though every once in a while. Sitting there on it's shelf. Making false promises of pure driving pleasure. I occasionally fall for this temptress' claims and get up to put GT6 back in my console but then I remember all the bad things and turn it around on it's shelf in an attempt to stop it's lures.

I think the reason PD have only a small amount of the TT open at any time is due to GT5 still using PD's larger servers.

In GT5 Prologue you only had a few monthly seasonals open at any time and I was wondering if it was this server that PD use now for GT6.

It's quite soon that PD will close the GT5 servers and then hopefully we will have Seasonals for GT6 similar to what they are making for GT5.

We can all dream can't we?

There is no excuse for the lack of proper racing seasonals. PD should be pumping them out like there is no tomorrow to keep the fan base happy.

they really need to make more permanent events for this game. Whatever happened to the career size of GT4?

I don't play GT6 anymore unless I'm jumping on to dick around with a friend, the same friend I used to play with almost every day. Neither of us are interested in GT6 much anymore.

I actually look forward to doing laps by myself in GTR2 at 19fps on my non-game-able laptop now more than playing GT6.

GTR2 circa 2006. 8 years old and still better than GT6. Drives and plays 100% better. I remember how fun it is to drive in cockpit view now that I can play something that actually has a useful cockpit view.

they should take a leaf out of Forza's playbook

their Rivals events gives you free loan on a car to complete the event OR you can go into you garage and use your own car

this goes back to Forza 3 I believe

Forza/Turn 10 has done some dumb things as well but I was instantly turned off by GT6 seasonals when they made me pay $300,000 for a car that use useless for any other event but gets you $40,000k cash prize (for example)

WHAT???

at least in GT5 you can use B-Spec to churn cash (and lots of it!)

its like as if they dont want me to play GT6 Seasonals!

Don't you think some of you exaggerate this money grinding/pay for credits conspiracy part a bit too much ?

You can earn 2.25 milion credits (which is more than enough for almost* any car/upgrades (*except top 30 cars) and there's still some money left for ice cream/movie ticket/dinner...:D ) in about 20 minutes of "grinding" in redbull championship (with 5days login bonus) and there are many suggestions on forums how to make some easy money in other events.

I understand that spending 20 minutes of your life , involving with event that maybe you don't like (to be truth , RedBulls are not my type of racing fun) must be tough thing, but please , stop alluding everything is "pay for credits" conspiracy.

PS: ...and yes , GT6 career events are really tough deal ,with all that "super hard" AI everyone on forums complaint about since release :D Do we really need more AI dumbing down ?

Don't you think some of you exaggerate this money grinding/pay for credits conspiracy part a bit too much ?

You can earn 2.25 milion credits (which is more than enough for almost* any car/upgrades (*except top 30 cars) and there's still some money left for ice cream/movie ticket/dinner...:D ) in about 20 minutes of "grinding" in redbull championship (with 5days login bonus) and there are many suggestions on forums how to make some easy money in other events.

I understand that spending 20 minutes of your life , involving with event that maybe you don't like (to be truth , RedBulls are not my type of racing fun) must be tough thing, but please , stop alluding everything is "pay for credits" conspiracy.

PS: ...and yes , GT6 career events are really tough deal ,with all that "super hard" AI everyone on forums complaint about since release :D Do we really need more AI dumbing down ?
It's not a conspiracy it's game design. Lower payouts on just about everything and force players into repetitive grinding to earn credits to get the cars they really want, or for a few "whales", shell out real cash for credits. You only need to nab about 1% to generate millions of dollars in revenue. Grinding is poor game design anyway, even if it is a way to make money relatively quickly. Good game design draws you into playing with new events, innovation, exciting challenges, unique features, not repetitive, rip your eyes out boring events to earn fake money to buy fake cars. It actually is a discouragement to gameplay IMO.

You can't win those Red Bull events anyways since the game always counts it as a loss. It's almost IS like they are forcing people to either buy or damage your driving record.

Also, the game has plenty of events that give lots of money : Like The Wind, any Super event. There's no powerful reason to buy credits considering money is easier to earn here than in previous GTs.

All of the reviews on Google about GT6 and they talk about pros & cons about this game and they all say that grinding in GT6 is a big issue for the game.

All of the reviews on Google about GT6 and they talk about pros & cons about this game and they all say that grinding in GT6 is a big issue for the game.
I do find it amazing that people continue to justify and defend grinding as if somehow it must be that way because it's always been that way or you are lazy and don't want to earn your cars. Anyone who stands outside the game like reviewers and people new to the series, can easily see how awful grinding really is. It's a deterrent to purchasing and playing the game if you are barred from driving all the cars you really want because you have to invest hours and hours running the same crappy races over and over against the same crappy AI with no uncertainty whatsoever of the outcome.

You can't win those Red Bull events anyways since the game always counts it as a loss. It's almost IS like they are forcing people to either buy or damage your driving record.

Also, the game has plenty of events that give lots of money : Like The Wind, any Super event. There's no powerful reason to buy credits considering money is easier to earn here than in previous GTs.
You still get the money. Why would anyone care if they get a loss on their record?

You still get the money. Why would anyone care if they get a loss on their record?[/quote]

Seems to be important to some people, some sort of status symbol or something. :rolleyes: They seem to think that their win/loss record against the AI is indicative of their actual skill set against real people. :lol:

I do find it amazing that people continue to justify and defend grinding as if somehow it must be that way because it's always been that way or you are lazy and don't want to earn your cars.

+1

There should be no reason to ever have to grind in this or any game. Good game design should negate any need to run the same thing over and over and over again. Another area where PD forces me to do something I hate. Which is give Turn 10 credit. They've got credits, they've got microtransactions as well.. But they give you so many differing ways to earn credits if you play the game for any length of time you're going to eventually have all the cars and millions sitting there unused. Especially if you can tune or paint. You've got 4 or 5 options to grind and that's it on this game. They're all mind numbing boring.

+1

There should be no reason to ever have to grind in this or any game. Good game design should negate any need to run the same thing over and over and over again. Another area where PD forces me to do something I hate. Which is give Turn 10 credit.

i dont know about Forza 5 (nor do i care) but as far as F2/3/4, the game is scaled to your skill level... if you drive with all helper aids off you get a 200% permanent bonus so theres no need for any grinding

if you play all aids on (which is ****) there may be some need for grinding since cash obviously comes slower

i did 100% of Forza 4 and never had to do any race twice, always had heaps of cash

even though I like GT5, you have to grind a bit to get the really expensive cars...

This game has 1200 cars and 76 courses so why in the world do you and others think it is fine to grind only one event for money? Others and myself believe this is pure madness. We are tired of playing the game Kaz's way. We want to play the game our way and that is why the GT series desperately needs and event creator that pays decent credits. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/event-creator.297781/

The event creator would also allow us to continue to play the game long after PD/sony shuts down GT6's servers.

As said the money is not the problem its the lack of races that are enjoyable that's the issue.
I would not care if it took me 20 races to pay for the car I just bought if I could find 20 races to drive it in.
Heck 5 would be nice.

GT7 should be sold as online only with all cars available from the start rather than pretending there is a single player mode.
Single player should be fun not a grind, why did I spend money to bore myself silly just so I can buy a car when I could actually be doing something enjoyable.
This Lemming is not following everybody over the cliff anymore & buying the next instalment.
The car handling is superb but sadly there is little fun to be had because they forgot to give us a game.

I love grinding but for god sack I would love something to grind, I've 50 million Cr's have had for some time ready to go to the dealership. But if do that then I loose loose as there has been no DLC to the 80% completed game that makes me even get past the "My Home Page" after turning on looking for the next installment from the 20% promised content.

This has to be the most expensive copy of Gran Turismo since 1997 of content on disk, no wonder a good number of my PSN friends list are playing other games each time I view what they are upto. GT6 was just an attempt to hang onto it's market share at the time of release and still remains incomplete 5 months down the line.

We are tired of playing the game Kaz's way. We want to play the game our way <...>

And that is your problem. PD's always been clear on that point: the game follows their vision, not yours. That's a philosophy quite common with Japanese developers, which will always follow, to a certain degree, the vision of the development head, be it Yamauchi for Gran Turismo or Kojima for Metal Gear or Miyamoto for virtually everything Nintendo.

This approach may produce flawless gems that a Western software house can't dream of even thinking up, but it also produces unplayable bombs, and a lot of games with their unique flaw but not a lot of substance in between. Gran Turismo 6 may be one of the latter, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Better to see a game with less content than a bland car sim like a thousand others.

Speaking of which, and seen that the game won't conform to you, why don't you move other to any of the many old and new sim racing series if you're not content with "playing the game Kaz's way"? PCARS may have just what you're looking for and it's near. You're not obliged in any way to stick with Gran Turismo and ask for change that won't come, y'know?

And that is your problem. PD's always been clear on that point: the game follows their vision, not yours. That's a philosophy quite common with Japanese developers, which will always follow, to a certain degree, the vision of the development head, be it Yamauchi for Gran Turismo or Kojima for Metal Gear or Miyamoto for virtually everything Nintendo.

This approach may produce flawless gems that a Western software house can't dream of even thinking up, but it also produces unplayable bombs, and a lot of games with their unique flaw but not a lot of substance in between. Gran Turismo 6 may be one of the latter, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Better to see a game with less content than a bland car sim like a thousand others.

Speaking of which, and seen that the game won't conform to you, why don't you move other to any of the many old and new sim racing series if you're not content with "playing the game Kaz's way"? PCARS may have just what you're looking for and it's near. You're not obliged in any way to stick with Gran Turismo and ask for change that won't come, y'know?

Don't understand your logic at all
So the "vision" includes over 1000 cars & 79 tracks I think it is, ignoring the duplicates with none variable time & weather which I have no idea why they are on the disk.
The game uses around 60 of them so 25% of the vision is unused.
Worse still the game mainly uses the same tracks for similar PP cars so your choice is further restricted.
How many of the available cars can you race at Cote d' Azur for example even with major tuning or limiter restrictions.
Putting aside the AI & peoples various skill levels how many races can you find to use a car in where you can at least make the race a challenge.
Lets assume you want to use a car as bought for the moment so no tuning just to see what its like.
Lets buy a 2CV or Japanese K class car, unless your really good & can beat the novice races with them you cant use them.
If your good enough to use them you cant use the Class C cars because the race is boring.
You would struggle to use supercars to unless you raced them against the Class Cs.
How many races can you find to use a supercar in on its stock tyres, etc etc.
With the current format it is very hard to find something that at least resembles a race for a given car.

Lets assume your skill level is matched perfectly to the game for most International B races, in other words you get a good race using a car of similar PP to those racing.
You now want to do a National B race because your bored of your limited track selection, wow hang on a minute the AI is much slower in these now I have to find a car with a PP value considerably less than those taking part.

This means most of the content needs thought to be even half playable so really only 10% of the "vision" is usable because the game is not even consistent.
GT probably holds the record for the most unusable content in a game ever.
How does buying a car then chucking on worse tyres & turning the power limiter down to 80% so you can find a "race" to use it in confirm to a vision.
Whats the point of actually modelling its characteristics in the first place if you have to do that to access single player mode?

Last edited:

The way I see it is PD's problem if they ever want my money again. Thanks to PD I will never ever pre-order a game again or pay full price for a game. I also won't be renewing my PS Plus subscription and any thoughts of getting a PS4 is gone. That is a pretty substantial hit to Sony considering you need a PS Plus to play online so somebody should be listening ;).

As it stands now my friends and I aren't playing the game. The only reason I haven't sold my anniversary copy is because of my friends. We had a lot of fun playing GT5 even though we didn't conform to normal game play. There is still hope that GT6 may be as fun but I'm afraid that light is fading quickly.

In 2 days it will be 5 months since release and GT6 isn't close to being finished. Not only that they insult their paying customers by completely ignoring them. If PD doesn't start listening and communicating with their customers they are finished. The mood of this forum is evidence that PD has lost its way.

The way I see it is PD's problem if they ever want my money again. Thanks to PD I will never ever pre-order a game again or pay full price for a game. I also won't be renewing my PS Plus subscription and any thoughts of getting a PS4 is gone. That is a pretty substantial hit to Sony considering you need a PS Plus to play online so somebody should be listening ;).

As it stands now my friends and I aren't playing the game. The only reason I haven't sold my anniversary copy is because of my friends. We had a lot of fun playing GT5 even though we didn't conform to normal game play. There is still hope that GT6 may be as fun but I'm afraid that light is fading quickly.

In 2 days it will be 5 months since release and GT6 isn't close to being finished. Not only that they insult their paying customers by completely ignoring them. If PD doesn't start listening and communicating with their customers they are finished. The mood of this forum is evidence that PD has lost its way.
Clyde said: "PD's always been clear on that point: the game follows their vision, not yours" and he was absolutely correct. It's like someone thought of a point to make, and in every game they try to steer you to their point, and because the game has always been innovative and fun and beautiful, we've bought in and played along. But there have almost always been points where we step back and say "Wait a minute....why are we doing (this) or (that)? I thought this was a racing game?!?" or somesuch when we get to something we don't particularly think "flows" with the general mindset of driving a GT game. To which you said: "The way I see it is PD's problem if they ever want my money again" and you're absolutely right. Which is kind of the whole point here. Clyde needs to understand that without massive consumer dollars, this game will disappear; we the disaffected players need to realize PD needs some love along with all the shouting and demonstrations to understand we WANT the game, but not with useless frills and gimmicky sideshows. I'd be happy with more in-game (offline) content and at least paint and decal customization, if not full-body customization. Others want better suspension representation or online creativity or credit opportunities. Some, quite perplexingly, are happy as pigs in slop with this game. I'm with you in the boat right now for not getting a PS4 in the foreseeable future, as GT would be the only game that could sell it for me. It's almost Like Kaz thought up a great way to put cheezit in a can, and took 15 years to figure out some just want the can to get the compressed-air-hit (a whippit, I believe?).

Back