Now Shipping! Fanatec GT2 Clubsport Packages (Update)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kid Krinkle
  • 68 comments
  • 11,570 views
I'm in Europe (UK) and I just checked and my status online has changed to delivered!

I ordered the GT2 Clubsport Edition with Rennsport Wheel Stand on 4th December.

Hopefully it'll come by the end of next week!

Well done mate.
4th of December though, ouch. Jan 20th me, I guess I still got a long wait.:sick:
 
Glad to see guys in UK are finally seeing shipments. You guys are in for a treat, especially if it's your first wheel.

Anyone in the US still waiting for shipment?
 
Mine was order on the 9th of December and still order showing for a CSP Edition GT2 to UK as pending.
 
Just had email through with expected delivery, now status shows as delivered. Joy at last!
 
@Kid,

You mean one that works properly, Yes. As you will start to see many more like myself pop up. When I plug in my GT2, it does not fire right up, it takes between, 1-25 minutes to turn on at times. Once running, great. Also my shifter cannot calibrate correctly.

They are sending me a new wheel and shifters already, but that is not the point. We pay, wait several months for faulty products, really? Be given the run-around by staff the entire time, minus Thomas(the CEO, and only one that gives us the updates) Sad thing is, my Microsoft wheel is more reliable LOL. What a Joke.

Overall, I am starting to regret the purchase. Terrible Customer Service, and some faulty products, not all, but a lot of them. I would strongly advise ordering anything on back-order.
 
Last edited:
@Kid,

You mean one that works properly, Yes. As you will start to see many more like myself pop up. When I plug in my GT2, it does not fire right up, it takes between, 1-25 minutes to turn on at times. Once running, great. Also my shifter cannot calibrate correctly.

They are sending me a new wheel and shifters already, but that is not the point. We pay, wait several months for faulty products, really? Be given the run-around by staff the entire time, minus Thomas(the CEO, and only one that gives us the updates) Sad thing is, my Microsoft wheel is more reliable LOL. What a Joke.

Overall, I am starting to regret the purchase. Terrible Customer Service, and some faulty products, not all, but a lot of them. I would strongly advise ordering anything on back-order.

What a shame. I hope this doesn't happen to too many people, for their sake. I guess you can't really call it German Engineering if you have it built in China on the cheap with no apparent QA/QC:)
 
All I have to say is just wait, I have already heard the rumblings begin with the GT2 US editions.(including mine)

If they have to replace so many wheels, how are they making profit? If they are losing money, it is most likely due to Customer Service, or lack there of.

The only way I have gotten through is to make a big stink out of it mates. Unfortunately, the bigger of an A**hole you are, the more they pay attention. I do not want to be this way, but if it gets me my product, i'll do what it takes mate.
 
Good luck AGP.

The high demand for wheels seems to have put Fanatec's supplier under stress.

Everyone wants there product ASAP. Quite rightly too. Unfortunately this seems to be leading to quality control issues.

Just hope they get my wheel working straight out of the box with no hassle.

I'm not to bothered about the wait for a fault free product. To have to wait and get a dodgy product would be a bummer.
 
Agree. I want a GT2 for Forza, but I'm content to just let the mania die off first, and let Fanatec bulletproof the GT2... once I hear about the GT2v2, I'll be in.
 
The smart thing to do is wait, but when you have had a momo for 5 years, and saw this as a substantial upgrade at a decent deal, I jumped on it.

Sadly, I do not want to push, but it seems that is the ONLY way to get things done. So by being an a*shole, its the only way to get what we all rightfully deserve.

At least I know my order is being taken care of at all times. I guess that is the only consolation I can have at this time. I have my wheel currently on at my apartment. It is not under any mode, but powered on so I know it will work when I am around. Once unplugged and fully cooled down, I am unsure whether or not it will work.

Sadly, my 4th gear never worked properly even after re-calibrating it several times properly. So i took it apart, soldered the 4th gear mechanism, it worked great for about 2-3 hours. Now it is shot again.

I am not ashamed of any of the statements I have made and will continue to make. We have rights as customers, and I am just expressing mine. I would love to do it cordially, but they brush you off if you do. So be brash, and it works.

I did a LOT of research on this wheel before I placed my order. I was even fully aware of all the issues as of late, and it unfortunately seems as if I got faulty stuff too.

I must admit, I am offended by being offered a refund though. At this point, why would I not want what I rightfully paid for? They have SERIOUS Customer Service/Quality Control issues. They are cordial when you need to replace parts such as myself, but still, that is not the point and/or principle of the matter.

I take SIM racing very seriously, and only want the best I feel for it. Is it too much to ask for a proper working wheel and shifters? Honestly, my friends MadCatz is more reliable, that is sad.
 
Last edited:
Agree. I want a GT2 for Forza, but I'm content to just let the mania die off first, and let Fanatec bulletproof the GT2... once I hear about the GT2v2, I'll be in.

You mean you dont want my dusty GT2?? :lol:

Looks I am keeping the CSP's for use with the PC, I love my Act-Labs shifter and am working a FFB shifter using my old MS SideWinder Joystick - so when my Fanatec shifter does finally arrive, I will let the GT2+shifter go as a "package".

I hear the warrantee follows the wheel - youare gonna need it :lol:
 
You mean you dont want my dusty GT2?? :lol:

Looks I am keeping the CSP's for use with the PC, I love my Act-Labs shifter and am working a FFB shifter using my old MS SideWinder Joystick - so when my Fanatec shifter does finally arrive, I will let the GT2+shifter go as a "package".

I hear the warrantee follows the wheel - youare gonna need it :lol:

LOL! :lol:

I don't see myself jumping on a GT2 until I'm ready to spring for CSP's as well, and probably not until the shifter hits... still, if you want to make me a deal on that dust collector, you never know! 👍
 
Last edited:
I'm Swedish and lived 10 years in Germany and 10 years in US.

If you go into a shop in Germany and is very nice to the people working there, you will get no service. They will act as they are better than you. If come in and treat them like ****, they will give you excellent service.

I then moved to the US, had a problem with a company. Phoned them up taking my now skilled A**hole attitude, and they just hang up. Quite funny actually.

Love both Germany and US. But in this respect, I like US better as I prefer to be a nice guy then an A**hole.

Btw, just ordered a new wheel. Decided between the GT3+CST or G27. Even if I think the GT3+CSP might be the better product, I went with the G27 partly because of the potential delivery/quality issues.

Good luck with your Fanatic wheels. Hope they will work fantastic right out of the box.


All I have to say is just wait, I have already heard the rumblings begin with the GT2 US editions.(including mine)

If they have to replace so many wheels, how are they making profit? If they are losing money, it is most likely due to Customer Service, or lack there of.

The only way I have gotten through is to make a big stink out of it mates. Unfortunately, the bigger of an A**hole you are, the more they pay attention. I do not want to be this way, but if it gets me my product, i'll do what it takes mate.
 
I received my email from Fanatec yesterday saying that my GT2 Clubsport edition has shipped (Im from the UK) but have still not received my UPS email with the tracking information. Is there anyone else in a similar situation?
 
I haven't received a UPS notification yet (UK here). Last time I ordered something from Fanatec, I got the UPS confirmation the day after the Fanatec confirmation and it was delivered two days later. So I was hoping for the UPS confirmation today and I could have had it by Friday but now next week is looking more likely. :nervous:
 
order@fanatec.com tell them your order # and ask for a tracking #, you should get one no issue. Sometimes they send them, sometimes they do not, all depends or where you are from I guess.
 
Hello, I recieved my GT2 CSP edition a couple days ago, it is great. I'm curious though, I went trough all the boxes several times and did not find the carbon fiber paddle shifters. Has anyone else not gotten them? I emaild fanatec and they said check the boxes again cause the invoice says it was shipped. Where did everyone else find their shifter paddles? Where they in the racing wheel box or a different box? Thanks.
 
I've sent a message using the 'Contact us' part of the website and sent a private message to Thomas on here, just hoping for a reply as ive heard about people not getting replies from customer service.
 
Hello, I recieved my GT2 CSP edition a couple days ago, it is great. I'm curious though, I went trough all the boxes several times and did not find the carbon fiber paddle shifters. Has anyone else not gotten them? I emaild fanatec and they said check the boxes again cause the invoice says it was shipped. Where did everyone else find their shifter paddles? Where they in the racing wheel box or a different box? Thanks.

My paddles were in the box that the shifters came with. They were double boxed as well and placed right on top as soon as you open it. Also received the mouse with that shipment.

photo-10.jpg
 
Last edited:
So has anyone in the UK received their UPS tracking numbers yet? Its been two days now and I still have not had the email.
 
I'm also in the UK. I received confirmation from Fanatec on Tuesday, but I’m still awaiting UPS confirmation. I have emailed Claudia at Fanatec many times to try and get a tracking number but she only responded to 1 email, saying that ups will mail me directly. So I contacted UPS, who told me that they would have given Fanatec the tracking number on dispatch and would not be sending confirmation email to end customer. Now I’m totally lost! Have or haven’t Fanatec dispatched. All this after confirmation that I would defiantly receive in week 7. Then a guarantee that it would be delivered this week. I just hope that when I do receive, It works.

All i think anyone wants is transparency with what’s happening with the distribution, It’s not to much to ask after handing over £500 over 2 months ago.
 
I just received my shipping notification from UPS (UK). Scheduled delivery Monday. Not sure I'll be home so I guess I will ask them to deliver it on Friday instead.
 
Just an update:

I ordered the GT2 on 17 Feb just to see if the May date is real, or if they were just trying to relieve the demand level temporarily. Well, I am still Paid-Pending, so it looks like the supply is still short and if you order now you will see it in May (possibly).

As long as it's out before Forza4, I'll keep it on order. Maybe by May they will fix all the reported problems. I know I would be kicking some Chinese ass right now.
 
Just an update:

I ordered the GT2 on 17 Feb just to see if the May date is real, or if they were just trying to relieve the demand level temporarily. Well, I am still Paid-Pending, so it looks like the supply is still short and if you order now you will see it in May (possibly).

As long as it's out before Forza4, I'll keep it on order. Maybe by May they will fix all the reported problems. I know I would be kicking some Chinese ass right now.

I ordered GT2/clubsports/shifters on 1/31 and am pending as well. Claudia said it really will be May. I will update if it ships sooner.
 
seeing this thread really makes me want a GT2/Clubsport. I have my g27/playseat/ms wheel posted locally for sale. Lets hope I get someone to snatch it up, so I can order one of these bad boys.
 
My paddles were in the box that the shifters came with. They were double boxed as well and placed right on top as soon as you open it. Also received the mouse with that shipment.

photo-10.jpg

I did not recieve a box like that, my shifters came in a long box bythemselves. Thank you for the picture, as I thought they would be just free in the wheel box not in a box themself, I'm awaiting a response from Fanatec about this issue. My mouse was sent just in a UPS bag, that is weird that mine was sent different than yours, I recieved 4 boxes total: CSP pedals, GT2 wheel, extra shifters and mouse. Thanks.
 
For Canadian buyers, how much duties were you guys charged and did UPS ship or USPS? Thanks.
 
I received my UPS tracking email a couple of hours ago, finally!
 
My mouse was sent just in a UPS bag, that is weird that mine was sent different than yours, I recieved 4 boxes total: CSP pedals, GT2 wheel, extra shifters and mouse. Thanks.

Ha you know what you're right about the mouse being shipped in that bag! Mine was as well. I can't believe you did not get the paddle shifters, keep us updated on that. My wheel and CSP's were delivered 3 days after my shifter/mouse so I know for a fact I was staring at the CF paddles and such during that time.
 
chili195
I just received my shipping notification from UPS (UK). Scheduled delivery Monday. Not sure I'll be home so I guess I will ask them to deliver it on Friday instead.

When did you place your order, if I may ask.

Thanks.

Also could people who have shipping confirmation please tell us when they placed the order and what country.

Many thanks.

I feel like an expectant grandfather waiting for news outside a delivery room. Lol.
 
Back