NTSC Championship S1 - Round 4 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 64 comments

What car do you want to use for the next Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
4-449w.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Tuned @ 750pp expert tuned to 745pp

The Top Two Groups Will Now Be Known As The Cup Series and will race Sunday Mournings

The Schedule for the Cup Series Group A:

Sunday, June 15th
Race 1 - 11:40am est - High Speed Ring Reverse
Race 2 - 11:52am est - High Speed Ring Reverse
Race 3 - 12:03pm est - Suzuka
Race 4 - 12:18pm est - Suzuka
Race 5 - 12:32pm est - Suzuka

1 Makeup Race - 12:45pm est. If it doesn't work then forget it. The race and any others missed is canned and points will be given out equally.

The Schedule for the Cup Series Group B:

Sunday, June 15th
Race 1 - 11:40am est - Suzuka
Race 2 - 11:53am est - Suzuka
Race 3 - 12:07pm est - Suzuka
Race 4 - 12:19pm est - High Speed Ring Reverse
Race 5 - 12:31pm est - High Speed Ring Reverse

1 Makeup Race - 12:45pm est. If it doesn't work then forget it. The race and any others missed is canned and points will be given out equally.

The Group Key:
(open) = Available slot in a group. The next highest ranked driver from the lower group will take this slot when he confirms particpation
(pending) = Saved slot in group. Waiting for reponse from driver on whether or not he will participate in this particular tournament. If no response or declines then the next driver in line is given the slot the day before the tournament when the groups are finialized.
(A name) = slot is taken by a confirmed driver

Cup Series Group A:
  • GTP_slicecom
  • GTP_L_Hamilton
  • GTP_CudaDude
  • KumaBar
  • NapoleonMikey
  • GTP_DTWmetro

Cup Series Group B:
  • GTP_Twistybits/Heli-Eric
  • Oo_xVx_oO
  • vanos2990
  • GTP_Noah
  • GTP_Vaxen
  • GTP_Dbo129

OFFICIAL PRACTICE TIMES AND DATES

Everyone From Every Group Is Welcome To Each Practice

Friday, June 6
9:00pm est - HSR
9:10pm est - HSR
9:20pm est - HSR
9:30pm est - HSR
9:40pm est - HSR
9:50pm est - HSR
10:00pm est - HSR

Sunday, June 8
9:00pm est - Suzuka
9:13pm est - Suzuka
9:26pm est - Suzuka
9:39pm est - Suzuka
9:52pm est - Suzuka
10:05pm est - Suzuka

Tuesday, June 10
9:00pm est - HSR
9:10pm est - HSR
9:20pm est - HSR
9:30pm est - HSR
9:40pm est - HSR
9:50pm est - HSR
10:00pm est - HSR

Friday, June 13
9:00pm est - Suzuka
9:13pm est - Suzuka
9:26pm est - Suzuka
9:39pm est - Suzuka
9:52pm est - Suzuka
10:05pm est - Suzuka

The Rules

(1) - YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CAR TUNED TO PP745 or you will be DQ'ed from the event.

(2) - First place gets 10 points, second 7, third 6, fourth 5, fifth 4, and sixth 3 and seventh 2. Points are not determined by your finishing position overall, but by your finishing position according to other GTP members. So you can win and get 10 points even if you finish 3rd, as long as there is no GTP members ahead of you.

(3) - If the host quits the race then that race is cancelled. Wait for the next one. Do not try and restart the race as my not have enough time to finish it and make it to the next race on time. Wait for the makeup race time.

(4) - If you get put into another group with no GTP racers then you will be awarded 3 points. If there is at least 1 GTP member in your group then points are rewarded normally.

(5) - Whoever accumulates the most points over the 5 races is the champion. Tie breaker goes to who won the most.

The drivers are grouped according to their performance in each tournament.

After each tournament this is how it will go:

Say group A runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver A - 39
Driver B - 38
Driver C - 36
Driver D - 35
Driver E - 35
Driver F - 34
Driver G - 25

Say group B runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver H - 36
Driver I - 32
Driver J - 30
Driver K - 26
Driver L - 15
Driver M - 11

Drivers H and I would move up into group A and drivers F and G would move down into group B because those were the lowest and highest scoring drivers. This goes down through all the groups, top 2 drivers move up, bottom 2 move down.

Newcomers will be added to the bottom group and they will have to work themselves up from there.

(6) - At the end of the race just write down your finishing position compared to the other GTP members. If you finish up front use the extra time to write down the finishing position of the others to ensure everything is recorded in case they don't see the results.

GROUP A RESULTS

RACE 1: High Speed Ring Reverse

1. GTP_CudaDude
2. KumaBar
3. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 2: High Speed Ring Reverse

1. GTP_CudaDude
2. KumaBar
0. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 3: Suzuka

1. GTP_CudaDude
2. KumaBar
3. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 4: Suzuka

1. KumaBar
2. GTP_CudaDude
3. GTP_DTWmetro

Race 5: Suzuka
1. GTP_Cudadude
2. KumaBar
0. GTP_DTWmetro

Official Points Standings for Group A

47 - GTP_Cuda_Dude
38 - KumaBar
24 - GTP_DTWmetro

GROUP B RESULTS

RACE 1: Suzuka

1. GTP_vanos2990
2. GTP_twistybits
3. Oo_xVx_oO
4. GTP_Vaxen

RACE 2: Suzuka

1. GTP_vanos2990
2. GTP_twistybits
3. GTP_Vaxen
4. Oo_xVx_oO

RACE 3: Suzuka

1. GTP_Twistybits
2. GTP_Vaxen
3. GTP_vanos2990
0. Ox_xVx_oO

RACE 4: High Speed Ring Reverse

1. GTP_vanos2990
2. GTP_twistybits
3. GTP_Vaxen
4. Oo_xVx_oO

RACE 5: High Speed Ring Reverse

1. GTP_Vaxen
2. GTP_vanos2990

1. GTP_Twistybits
2. Oo_xVx_oO

Official Points Standings for Group B

43 - GTP_vanos2990
41 - GTP_Twistybits
34 - GTP_Vaxen
26 - Oo_xVx_oO

Current Standings

Wins
11 - GTP_CudaDude
04 - GTP_L_Hamilton
03 - GTP_vanos2990
03 - GTP_DigitalRelay
03 - GTP_Ravenman
02 - GTP_Twistybits
02 - GTP_CWR
02 - GTP_Brakefade
02 - GTP_Earth
01 - KumaBar
01 - GTP_Spyhunter
01 - GTP_bbcnascar2
01 - GTP_KARTRACER
01 - GTP_DTWmetro
01 - GTP_Dbo129

Podiums
16 - GTP_CudaDude
10 - KumaBar
10 - GTP_L_Hamilton
08 - GTP_vanos2990
08 - GTP_CWR
07 - GTP_DTWmetro
05 - GTP_Twistybits
05 - NapoleanMikey
05 - GTP_Dbo129
04 - GTP_Vaxen
04 - GTP_DigitalRelay
04 - GTP_Ravenman
04 - GTP_bbcnascar2
03 - BaldurKn
03 - RedSuinit
03 - GTP_ANGELx
03 - GTP_SpyHunter
02 - Oo_xVx_oO
02 - GTP_Brakefade
02 - GTP_KARTRACER
02 - GTP_Earth
01 - GTP_phantom

Total Points Scored in NTSC Tournaments
157 - GTP_CudaDude
116 - KumaBar
096 - GTP_L_Hamilton
090 - GTP_CWR
074 - GTP_bbcnascar2
071 - GTP_VANOS2990
068 - NapoleanMikey
061 - GTP_DTWmetro
050 - RedSunit
048 - Oo_xVx_oO
045 - GTP_Earth
044 - BaldurKn
044 - GTP_Dbo129
043 - GTP_Spyhunter
042 - GTP_phantom
041 - GTP_Twistybits
041 - GTP_DigitalRelay
037 - GTP Ravenman
036 - GTP_Brakefade
034 - GTP_Vaxen
032 - GTP_KARTRACER
030 - GTP_ANGELx
012 - GTP_Noah

I'm able to participate in this. Put me in whichever slot works.

GTP_Vaxen

I'm in too! Orange vette of course LOL

Earth I think the Busch races on Saturday, no? Your post says Sunday (actually Sunay)

Thanks for catching that, alot of copy/pasting going on

I hope the new schedule doesn't force too many drivers out, but the dates for the races have to be that way or you will run into what Group B did last night.

Saturday and Sunday mourning there isn't many online so we should have the tracks to ourselves outside of maybe 1 or 2 non GTP drivers. That's why it has to be done.

Earth you can replace my name with another competitor. I will be out of town on Sunday the 15th, more accurately I will be on the road coming home.

Earth you can replace my name with another competitor. I will be out of town on Sunday the 15th, more accurately I will be on the road coming home.

Just when we finally got in the same group. I guess that's how things go.

Almost like fate, like how I made THIS thread just hours before Group B was devestated by numerous 16 player online races that lasted only a few seconds. When making that thread I'd never thought it would happen to us in Group B

Hope you enjoy your trip

GTPDTWmetro
I'm in. Goodbye, Suzuka, but the disconnects just aren't worth it .:(

We'll still have Suzuka, but we will run it in the mournings on the weekends when the races are empty

Just when we finally got in the same group. I guess that's how things go.

Almost like fate, like how I made THIS thread just hours before Group B was devestated by numerous 16 player online races that lasted only a few seconds. When making that thread I'd never thought it would happen to us in Group B

Hope you enjoy your trip

Well I voted for "All 16 player online races get disconnected before the end " It happens to me a few times a week.

I can be in practice with you guys on Monday and Tuesday..
If you were going to run it on Tuesday I could be there, but I am leaving on Wednesday and will be gone until Sunday night. And I will miss the Cup race too..So don't think that I am not upset.

Don't worry Earth, it will only knock me down to group B, then I will race my way back to you. So don't do anything to get knocked out..

It's going to be hard to stay in the Cup Series' Group A

GTP_CudaDude
GTP_L_Hamilton
GTP_ANGELx
GTP_Spyhunter

This is the most talented group I've seen so far in the tournament. I see this mistakes defining who stays and who goes in this group

Well besides coming in second on every Suzuka race and coming in second in a lot of other places I am the most consistant racer. Just don't get as many wins..

I don't see any problems getting back into group A..I think I have proven I can do what it takes to stay with the big boys.. You certainly can do the same. I think you are just ask talented if not more talented at running consistant laps...

It's going to be hard to stay in the Cup Series' Group A

GTP_CudaDude
GTP_L_Hamilton
GTP_ANGELx
GTP_Spyhunter

This is the most talented group I've seen so far in the tournament. I see this mistakes defining who stays and who goes in this group

Nice, and in my favorite car. I'm ready to rock!

b

Sorry guys I'll be at kentucky motor speedway saturday for nationwide race(sucks i was trying to stay in the top 5)
I can still meet up with you guys in some practice times thoe.
And those Guys in the Cup deserve to be there,They are fast!!!

just realized with this being next weekend it would be a shame if none of the tracks remain on the schedule when they do the event update next thursday. would make all the practices seem like a waste

just realized with this being next weekend it would be a shame if none of the tracks remain on the schedule when they do the event update next thursday. would make all the practices seem like a waste

Good point.:idea:Think we should wait a week?:confused::banghead:

They haven't drastically changed the tracks that are available on each PP level, so I think we should be fine. Tire requirements might change again, or there might be a horsepower limit, or a minimum weight... who knows? Hopefully we'll be OK.

As DTWmetro said i wouldn't worry too much NapoleonMikey and kart racer

750pp has remained untouched for sometime. If anything I think they may add a track to 750pp like Daytona road. I think 750pp is PD's tuned car class and right now its running on the 3 most popular tracks. I'm confident it won't change.

500pp's future is in serious jeopardy I think because it is so empty. If 500pp gets canned and a 500pp car wins the poll then we will try to run the cars in 600pp with the max pp the car has and we will see how it turns out.

I am sorry to whine like this, but what a bunch of junk at PP750 Suzuka..I am so glad you guys changed it to Sunday, because simply put: Its just a bunch of hacks and idiots racing during the night.. There is absolutely no way to run a clean & consistant race at PP750 Suzuka with those idiots in there with us. Turn one is alway a place for concern...12 cars go in 6 come out with 6 punted by each other and in the sand. If they aren't missing their brake points and ramming you then they are certainly not disconnecting you enough. Today 9 Times I had disconnects at PP750..6 of them were in a row..6 in a row..its unreal.. Hamilton told me he had 10 disconnects at PP750 Suzuka.. What a load of crap..PP750 is not real racing..

I am glad I am missing this race..it would probably explode in the torunament when it really matters how I run.

I'm going to be on vacation at my lake house the 6th-13th so I won't be able to practice really, but you can count me in for the actual event.

I am in... Question, can I possibly be put in Cup Group B due to the reason why I missed the last tournament???

EDIT: Scratch me off... Can't do Sundays I am at church until 1 central time... Oh well...

Luke

Back