NTSC Championship S1 - Round 5 of 8 - (Finished)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 45 comments

What Car Do You Want To Use For The Next Tournament?

• 750pp Mines BNR34

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 750pp Lotus Elise Tuned

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 600pp Dodge Viper GTS '02

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 600pp Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 500pp Daihatsu OFC-1 '07

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500pp Suzuki Cappuccino '95

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
Lotuselise500pp.jpg

Lotus Elise '96 @ 500pp expert tuned to 498pp

The Schedule for the Cup Series Group A:

Saturday, June 21st
Race 1 - 11:40am est - London
Race 2 - 11:52am est - London
Race 3 - 12:04pm est - Suzuka
Race 4 - 12:18pm est - Suzuka
Race 5 - 12:32pm est - Suzuka

1 Makeup Race - 12:50pm est. If it doesn't work then forget it. The race and any others missed is canned and points will be given out equally.

The Schedule for the Cup Series Group B:

Saturday, June 21st
Race 1 - 11:40am est - Suzuka
Race 2 - 11:54am est - Suzuka
Race 3 - 12:08pm est - Suzuka
Race 4 - 12:20pm est - London
Race 5 - 12:33pm est - London

1 Makeup Race - 12:45pm est. If it doesn't work then forget it. The race and any others missed is canned and points will be given out equally.

The Group Key:
(open) = Available slot in a group. The next highest ranked driver from the lower group will take this slot when he confirms particpation
(pending) = Saved slot in group. Waiting for reponse from driver on whether or not he will participate in this particular tournament. If no response or declines then the next driver in line is given the slot the day before the tournament when the groups are finialized.
(A name) = slot is taken by a confirmed driver

Cup Series Group A:
  • KumaBar
  • GTP_Vaxen
  • GTP_Twistybits
  • GTP_DTWmetro
  • GTP_CudaDude
  • Oo_xVx_oO

Cup Series Group B:
  • GTP_Earth
  • GTP_CWR
  • GTP_L_Hamilton
  • GTP_Brakefade
  • GTP_bbcnascar2
  • OPEN

The Rules

(1) - YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CAR TUNED TO 498PP or you will be DQ'ed from the event.

(2) - First place gets 10 points, second 7, third 6, fourth 5, fifth 4, and sixth 3 and seventh 2. Points are not determined by your finishing position overall, but by your finishing position according to other GTP members. So you can win and get 10 points even if you finish 3rd, as long as there is no GTP members ahead of you.

(3) - If the host quits the race then that race is cancelled. Wait for the next one. Do not try and restart the race as my not have enough time to finish it and make it to the next race on time. Wait for the makeup race time.

(4) - If you get put into another group with no GTP racers then you will be awarded 3 points. If there is at least 1 GTP member in your group then points are rewarded normally.

(5) - Whoever accumulates the most points over the 5 races is the champion. Tie breaker goes to who won the most.

The drivers are grouped according to their performance in each tournament.

After each tournament this is how it will go:

Say group A runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver A - 39
Driver B - 38
Driver C - 36
Driver D - 35
Driver E - 35
Driver F - 34
Driver G - 25

Say group B runs their 5 races and the points look like this:

Driver H - 36
Driver I - 32
Driver J - 30
Driver K - 26
Driver L - 15
Driver M - 11

Drivers H and I would move up into group A and drivers F and G would move down into group B because those were the lowest and highest scoring drivers. This goes down through all the groups, top 2 drivers move up, bottom 2 move down.

Newcomers will be added to the bottom group and they will have to work themselves up from there.

(6) - At the end of the race just write down your finishing position compared to the other GTP members. If you finish up front use the extra time to write down the finishing position of the others to ensure everything is recorded in case they don't see the results.

GROUP A RESULTS

RACE 1: London

1. GTP_TwistyBits (Heli-Eric)
2. Oo_xVx_oO
3. KumaBar
4. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 2: London

1. GTP_TwistyBits
2. Oo_xVx_oO
3. KumaBar
4. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 3: Suzuka

1. GTP_TwistyBits
2. Oo_xVx_oO
3. KumaBar
4. GTP_DTWmetro

RACE 4: Suzuka

1. Oo_xVx_oO
2. KumaBar
3. GTP_TwistyBits
4. GTP_DTWmetro

Race 5: Suzuka
1. KumaBar
2. Oo_xVx_oO
3. GTP_TwistyBits
4. GTP_DTWmetro

Official Points Standings for Group A

43 - GTP_Twistybits
38 - Oo_xVx_oO
35 - KumaBar
25 - GTP_DTWmetro

GROUP B RESULTS

RACE 1: Suzuka

1. GTP_CWR
2. GTP_Brakefade
3. GTP_bbcnascar2

RACE 2: Suzuka

1. GTP_CWR
2. GTP_bbcnascar2
3. GTP_Brakefade

RACE 3: Suzuka

1. GTP_CWR
2. GTP_Brakefade
3. GTP_bbcnascar2

RACE 4: London

1. GTP_Brakefade
2. GTP_CWR
3. GTP_bbcnascar2

RACE 5: London

1. GTP_Brakefade
2. GTP_CWR
3. GTP_bbcnascar2

Official Points Standings for Group B

44 - GTP_CWR
40 - GTP_Brakefade
31 - GTP_bbcnascar2

Current Standings

Wins
11 - GTP_CudaDude
05 - GTP_Twistybits
05 - GTP_CWR
04 - GTP_Brakefade
04 - GTP_L_Hamilton
03 - GTP_vanos2990
03 - GTP_DigitalRelay
03 - GTP_Ravenman
02 - GTP_Earth
02 - KumaBar
01 - GTP_Spyhunter
01 - GTP_bbcnascar2
01 - GTP_KARTRACER
01 - GTP_DTWmetro
01 - GTP_Dbo129
01 - Oo_xVx_oO

Podiums
16 - GTP_CudaDude
15 - KumaBar
13 - GTP_CWR
10 - GTP_L_Hamilton
10 - GTP_Twistybits
09 - GTP_bbcnascar2
08 - GTP_vanos2990
07 - Oo_xVx_oO
07 - GTP_Brakefade
07 - GTP_DTWmetro
05 - NapoleanMikey
05 - GTP_Dbo129
04 - GTP_Vaxen
04 - GTP_DigitalRelay
04 - GTP_Ravenman
03 - BaldurKn
03 - RedSuinit
03 - GTP_ANGELx
03 - GTP_SpyHunter
02 - GTP_KARTRACER
02 - GTP_Earth
01 - GTP_phantom

Total Points Scored in NTSC Tournaments
157 - GTP_CudaDude
151 - KumaBar
134 - GTP_CWR
105 - GTP_bbcnascar2
096 - GTP_L_Hamilton
086 - Oo_xVx_oO
084 - GTP_Twistybits
076 - GTP_Brakefade
071 - GTP_VANOS2990
068 - NapoleanMikey
061 - GTP_DTWmetro
050 - RedSunit
045 - GTP_Earth
044 - BaldurKn
044 - GTP_Dbo129
043 - GTP_Spyhunter
042 - GTP_phantom
041 - GTP_DigitalRelay
037 - GTP Ravenman
034 - GTP_Vaxen
032 - GTP_KARTRACER
030 - GTP_ANGELx
012 - GTP_Noah

I'm in....

And if someone picks the Daihatsu ....they're getting a bullet in the kneecap..

So do the noble thing..and pick the Mine's BNR34..= )

Since we are running 500pp and on Saturday mourning it should be empty so I'm bumping the # of cars per group to 7. Maybe even 8 if there is demand

I'm sorry, but I just found out today that I actually will not be able to do this event, because I have to work all weekend.

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could please help me out with the tune for this car? I haven't the slightest clue about tuning however, I tweaked the suspension a little bit ,shortened the final gear and I was able to get a 1'09 in London, and a 2'39 in Suzuka, I don't know if you can even call those times "competitive" (you guys are probably hitting 1'03s and 1'30s). I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks much in advance

NOOOOOO!!!!🤬!!!!!!!:mad: I have to work that Saturday:ouch: ... and just when I finally got into cuda's group:banghead:! ... oh well, guess I'll have to win all the races in the next tournament to stay competitive:P good luck guys

Out of curiosity, why the name change?

Honestly I guess just because I feel like GTP_Noah doesn't really go along with other games. I only like having one account on my PS3 as well. I don't really know I'm kind of confused on what to do right now. Stick with GTP_Noah or NCD_. I don't know. Do you not like NCD_?

London 1'06.537

Suzuka 2'38.5xx

What's everybody else's time?

Honestly I guess just because I feel like GTP_Noah doesn't really go along with other games. I only like having one account on my PS3 as well. I don't really know I'm kind of confused on what to do right now. Stick with GTP_Noah or NCD_. I don't know. Do you not like NCD_?

How about GTP_NCD? :dopey:👍

You are free to pick whatever name you like -- one of the benefits of an online community! 👍

I was curious why you'd dropped the GTP_ tag, as it has value in that in most cases it's a badge which indicates at least an intention to race clean. (This doesn't always pan out, but is more true than not.) I'm glad to hear that you weren't dropping the GTP_ tag because you didn't want to be associated with it anymore!

I can understand wanting to consolidate around one online persona on the PS3 for all games, as each account has it's own friendlist and so on.

For me: I added the GTP_Vaxen sub-account for GT games, and still have my master account as Vaxen for other stuff.

Well, once again my participation in this week's tournament is in severe doubt.

The DVI cord and HDMI adaptor I have were cheap to begin with, and now the DVI to HDMI adaptor has completley failed as in broke in half.

I went to a couple of stores today looking for the $5 dollar adaptor but only found full $40 DVI to HDMI cables. Tempting to buy, but why do it when the adaptor is only $5 on eBay?

That's why I missed today's Nissan meeting as well.

Back