Nurburgring 24 hours attempt in a-spec

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Hi all, as i attempt the nurburgring 24 hour race i will be keeping a small write up here as i progress, filling it in when i take a break maybe every hour or so.

im not sure what car to use though, i dont want to make it too easy on myself so im open to suggestions and i will get the race underway some point tomorrow.

GT_Fan2005
Hi all, as i attempt the nurburgring 24 hour race i will be keeping a small write up here as i progress, filling it in when i take a break maybe every hour or so.

im not sure what car to use though, i dont want to make it too easy on myself so im open to suggestions and i will get the race underway some point tomorrow.
Depend wat cars you got and wt they got just get a car with same b h p and weight

GT_Fan2005

I heard Diahatsu Midgets are good...LOL :dunce:
Well, I did that race with a R92CP(and pretty much the rest of all the other races that allowed me too)
My R92CP race 1280 HP!!
lol
i just have one thing to say
GOOD LUCK!!

1 point or so, it's just like races in the halls.Le Mans car vs . Touring cars gives you most of the time almost no points.I got 6 A-spec. from winning La Sarthe 24h in fully modded GT-one :yuck:

Good luck man, you'll need 👍

Cheers,

I might use the Chapparal 2j it already has 2500+ enduro miles. Less than 700 kg and with the long first gear easier on tires than I expected.Stock it can do 6:30's around the ring never tried with maxed out 1110hp though.

It's funny b/c I got 2 S-Spec points...

But I did the race a certain way...
I did the beggining of the race A-spec to get ahead(you already know how bad bspec is)and after i got a huge lead...I got a 2 lap lead...I pit(when necessary)and changed to bspec...after that i just let it run taking breaks here and there :)
My R92CP did easy no problem...every once in a while I did aspec to regain my lead...I ended up with a 5 lap lead at the end...
i thought it was boring
I want it to have day to night changing...IT WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE FUN AND COOL!!!!!

sounds like the LMP's are the car of choice.

im thinking along modded skyline m spec or xanavi nismo or sumthing

ok, is there any reccomended set upos, im bad with set ups.

p.s. starting in around an hour which will be 3:30pm gmt

Depends on your preference really, it's hard to set up for other people.

Blake

a set up to match the nurburgring but keeps tyre wear to a minimum. preferably not on super hard tyres.

ok, set up and car chosen.

yes ive delayed my start time but that was due to a powercut :P

car: audi a4 touring car.

il report back 1 hour into the race.

I'm currently 5+ hours into this race with the Honda Integra Touring car and only have a 18 second lead, this is a tough race with this car. Unless you don't want this kind of stress, may I suggest using a higher hp car.

Well you'll want to be using super hard tires, you should be able to get 6 laps out of them without the tires being red on the last lap (for consistancy). Traction control can be used to reduce tire wear if you're very throttle heavy...

Blake

I'm doing this race in the BMW 330i touring car and it's proving pretty tough against the Audi TT touring car. 8 hours in and 10 seconds up.........better not throw it! I reckon you should have less trouble in the A4, the DTM cars have a good extra chunk of power.

GTP_fan and Integrafan I'd be intrested to see how you get on, stick up some lap times and stuff when you get the chance, I like to see how the cars match up. Also how many A-spec points are you getting? The A4 is more powerful than my BMW, but the Integra stock is 310hp ish? Should be pretty close!

My best so far is 7'24.6xx running at 327hp on R1 tires and offered 134 A-spec points. Can't shake the Audi tho. Ah well.....only 16 hours to go.............

That's the type of endurance I love, where the cars are dead even, is the 330i completely stock (power wise)?

Blake

route_66
GTP_fan and Integrafan I'd be intrested to see how you get on, stick up some lap times and stuff when you get the chance, I like to see how the cars match up. Also how many A-spec points are you getting? The A4 is more powerful than my BMW, but the Integra stock is 310hp ish? Should be pretty close!

My best so far is 7'24.6xx running at 327hp on R1 tires and offered 134 A-spec points. Can't shake the Audi tho. Ah well.....only 16 hours to go.............

My best lap is 7'12.93 also with R1 tires, but I have only been able to do it once. I would say my average lap is about 7'23-7'25. Currently at the half way mark.(12 hours and 95 laps).

Integrafan
My best lap is 7'12.93 also with R1 tires, but I have only been able to do it once. I would say my average lap is about 7'23-7'25. Currently at the half way mark.(12 hours and 95 laps).

That's faster than me....I've managed to get it down to 7'16.7xx while drafting the 5th place car. Am starting to think that trying to do this in one sitting was pretty dumb........20 hours in now and i really really want to sleep. Still the Audi seems to have had some sort of pit accident because i'm a minute up now, which is fortunate cause I've put in some very bad lap times in the last couple of hours (missed a pit stop then hit the wall on the turn at the end of the back straight - lost about 20 seconds. Lap 157 now......only 32 ish to go.

Wow! You're almost done!!
I made it to lap 100 early this morning and went to bed. Soon as I finish my coffee, it's off to the races to hopefully finish by 1 or 2am.

Oh and 20 hours straight? Your an animal!!!! I'm lucky to get more than 7! lol

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS>.........24hrs, 193 laps, 2 packets of Jacobs cream crackers, 28 Cd's and a haemorraghing left eye and it's all over. Made it 10 seconds in front of the Audi (which was catching me at 5 seconds a lap for the last 5 or so, 10 more minutes and i'd have lost!)
Hardest 134 A-spec points I ever got..

Good luck to Integrafan and GTP_fan (by the way, since this is your thread how's your race going? haven't seen any posts from you ?) I'm going to bed..............a day or 2 R&R and then....

Sarthe 24hr I and II in the peugeout 905LM. back to back........48hrs straight? lets make both eyes bleed..........

what a race: im dam tired, 112 a spec points in the M3 GTR Race Car on racing medium hard and super hard.

fastest lap i got was in the 6:29's but i did have some creep in over 6:40.
i found the alfa romeo 155 was a thorn in the side, he stuck with me for quite a while, he was only 38 seconds behind me after 5 hours and it stayed at that for a long time, i worked out his pit strategy (4 laps) so i went 1 lap more than i normally wouldnt and increased my lead by a margin, around 13 hours i had my worst lap, 6:54 roughly on badly worn medium tyres, i completed 203 laps it wud have been 202 but i was on 23:59:43 over the line but i didnt have the time to stop and wait for it to tick to 24, so i finished at around 24:06:12 or something. and after using racing medium tyres on my last few stints to get some fast laps in i did lose some time and it closed from around 45 seconds as it had been for hours to around 20 seconds.
even after doing the pflanzgarten II to mini karusell section 203 times it still remains my fave section of the track.
i got the red F1 car:D

btw, i am soo looking forward to my new computer and GTR fia racing game and then doing the Spa-francorchamps 24hour race in a 911 GT3 race car with either DFP or momo force wheel, realistic weather and nighttime effects, 70 car racing field, cant wait, but this was fun also.

GT_Fan2005
btw, i am soo looking forward to my new computer and GTR fia racing game and then doing the Spa-francorchamps 24hour race in a 911 GT3 race car with either DFP or momo force wheel, realistic weather and nighttime effects, 70 car racing field, cant wait, but this was fun also.

You get all this in the GTR Racing game??!

Oh man, now I have to beg my dad for a new computer :indiff:

Cheers,

N00B Question! :embarrassed:

Does the rest of the field "adjust" to the car you choose!?

Like, let's say you take the R8 and the rest has Race Cars too and if you take a German Touring Car, the others drive GTCs too?

dogdaysunrise

Like, let's say you take the R8 and the rest has Race Cars too and if you take a German Touring Car, the others drive GTCs too?

no. The classes stay the same, though I have noticed that if you pick a way overpowered car, you get the toughest field in that class and vice versa (enter an LMP in the Nurb 24 and you'll get a field of top end DTM and JGTC, enter in a fiat 500 and you'll get the lowest end of the competition like the Autobacs MR-S and Razo silvia). Doesn't always happen though, so I sometimes find I need to re-enter to get a more or less competitive field for my car.

dogdaysunrise

No, preview the race before you start, look at the other cars and that's what your up against no matter what.

Integrafan
No, preview the race before you star, look at the other cars and that's what your up against no matter what.

Haha you might lap faster than me, but i beat you to the post there! though maybe i was a bit wrong...................

Latest Posts

Back