Nurburgring 24 hours attempt in a-spec

route_66
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS>.........24hrs, 193 laps, 2 packets of Jacobs cream crackers, 28 Cd's and a haemorraghing left eye and it's all over. Made it 10 seconds in front of the Audi (which was catching me at 5 seconds a lap for the last 5 or so, 10 more minutes and i'd have lost!)
Hardest 134 A-spec points I ever got..

Good luck to Integrafan and GTP_fan (by the way, since this is your thread how's your race going? haven't seen any posts from you ?) I'm going to bed..............a day or 2 R&R and then....

Sarthe 24hr I and II in the peugeout 905LM. back to back........48hrs straight? lets make both eyes bleed..........

Congrats buddy!!!
Glad you finally made the finish line. I'm on lap 115 with 75 more to go. Still hanging on to the lead by a thread, 2.3 seconds to be exact. (but I just pitted) so the push continues for victory, and if I lose.............I'll shoot myself in the foot!!

Integrafan
Congrats buddy!!!
Glad you finally made the finish line. I'm on lap 115 with 75 more to go. Still hanging on to the lead by a thread, 2.3 seconds to be exact. (but I just pitted) so the push continues for victory, and if I lose.............I'll shoot myself in the foot!!

If he gets round you on the last lap, i'd recommend smacking him into a tree(!). good luck mate, sounds like it's gonna be close.

Hot diggity momma!!!! I finished it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It couldn't have been any closer even if I tried again, I won by, get this...........
.089 seconds........( I need to seek professional therapy now) :crazy:
The 24 hour race that took me 3 days to complete rewarded me with a shiny blue and white F1 and a measely 9 points for the race (NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THIS RACE!!!)
I'm going to bed now!
I will try to make a nice write-up with pics later.

I'm going to do the endurance soon (all A-Spec too) and i'll be happy with second or third if i don't win - it is still a lot of money!

route_66
no. The classes stay the same, though I have noticed that if you pick a way overpowered car, you get the toughest field in that class and vice versa (enter an LMP in the Nurb 24 and you'll get a field of top end DTM and JGTC, enter in a fiat 500 and you'll get the lowest end of the competition like the Autobacs MR-S and Razo silvia). Doesn't always happen though, so I sometimes find I need to re-enter to get a more or less competitive field for my car.

I wish when i go to attempt it this would happen to me!

The field is ALWAYS the same for me.. i dont mind 4 of the cars but its the damn BMW GTR the AI keeps throwing in, i just want it to go away and i can win this damn race!!!!!

Its the only damn car i cant beat thats in the field!

Indoctrin
I wish when i go to attempt it this would happen to me!

The field is ALWAYS the same for me.. i dont mind 4 of the cars but its the damn BMW GTR the AI keeps throwing in, i just want it to go away and i can win this damn race!!!!!

Its the only damn car i cant beat thats in the field!

What car are you using? Sometimes the game seems to overrate your car and put it against something that it has no chance of beating - for example the ginetta G4 will ALWAYS get the A/C cobra in the 1000 miles championship, but other cars with more weight and power will get different fields. Try a different car and if that doesn't work just keep re-entering (makes sure you go all the way out of the race screens and even try advancing the day count by one before you re-enter). The field should change and you'll get a new "fastest" AI opponent - probably either the Falken GT-R or the Abt Audi - both of which are slower than the M3 GTR

It seems to happen with every car i seem to try.

Picked my Skyline field came out the same even had a look at my Impreza LM and that got the same thing! I cshall have to keep reentering cause that BMW just kills me in every test ive done in any car getting over 130 a-spec points.

The car i wanna use has only 313 bhp so i should be getting the TT Audi and more of the weaker JGTC cars but nooooooo!

Only good thing is atleast the Alfa is being thrown on lol

Forgive me, I'm new and I've been searching for hours! But where can I ask about Nurbergring times so I can gauge myself against you fellas!?!?!? I would put my time here, but I don't wanna start a new thread. Please help...

(It's right missions to find anything without starting a new thread)

Have a look at the Nurburgring challenge over in the spot races section link HERE

Over in the Long race section HEREYou will find details of the Nurburging race series that recently finished, it may still be of interest to you in terms of laptimes, just scroll through the pages to find the threads...you cant miss them.

Also there is a leaderboards tab available on the main GTplanet homepage, other than that explore the Online racing section of the site, the weekly race series this week (week 50) is being held at the Nurburgring so might interest you.

regards

David

Hi all.
I have my own mind about what car to use on the Nurburgring 24h race.
I personally use cars:
Audi quattro le mans
MB SLR McLaren
RUF CTR2
Nissan Fairlady OPTION STREAM
Subaru Impreza super touring car.
All these are modified, of course.
In your case, I would choose the Subaru impreza s-touring car. It's easy to controll it while driving fast and the 4wd drivetrain allows you to make quick accelerations after cornering. Use hard racing tyres, or super hard. I think it is all i can help you. Good luck.

dont use the MB SLR McLaren...bad handling especially for Nurb Ring...

id stick with a 4WD car too...

but also, using a jgtc or decent touring car would be good too

Back