Nurburgring 24hr Endurance in 1-2 Hours. GLITCHING

I just got on and did it normally, thing is in GT4 I always did the 24hr races for maximum A-Spec points and that meant using an inferior, slower car. In GT5, I used the X2010 and they both took less than 48hrs to complete and I only needed to race 12-14 hours or something, sat out the rest. I will do them again when I can use a normal car, but that won't be until they bring in the in-game save feature as I don't like leaving the PS3 on for extended periods.

I can understand those who don't do the races though, they take a lot of willpower just to decide to do them and even more to actually do them.

First of all I don't glitch but I don't care if people do it's there own game and everybody can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect other people.

But my question is: Why do you want to do the Nurb 24h when you don't want to drive it? There's no real point in doing it except for the Audi R10 which you probably already have. The XP you get is worthless, the prize money is low. So I don't see a point in doing it if you don't want to enjoy it.

I also don't have the time to do the race but I really want to do it in a competitive car so I'm hoping PD will someday include midrace saving.

GT_Fanatic69 thanks for posting this. I really don't feel like sitting in front of my tv for that long and putting my Fat PS3 through that kind of abuse.

It just sucks that I had to sift through so many weeping va***** talk about how I somehow ruin their game experience by using this glitch.

easiest entry into this glitch is start of the long straight red stop sign GO backwards down the track after the start of the race this entry is open after patch 1.10 so anyone can still do it but u can no longer do circles its more now of a triangle

But my question is: Why do you want to do the Nurb 24h when you don't want to drive it? There's no real point in doing it except for the Audi R10 which you probably already have. The XP you get is worthless, the prize money is low. So I don't see a point in doing it if you don't want to enjoy it.

Exactly, what is the point? I mean, I'm a huge fan of cheating when it for instance gives you awesome powers and makes a game even more enjoyable. But in this case you're just driving around and around and around for two hours, leaving the PS3 on over night, come back next day and cash in less money than for one lap around the ring in the British lightweights seasonal and a bunch of useless xp. It doesn't sound like the "too little time to play" is the issue, rather too much free time...

Honestly, whoever does this should ask himself why he plays Gran Turismo.
What do you need Nurburgring 24h for?
For trophies? You don't need A spec 24h Nurb for platinum.
For cars? Audi R10 is buyable in NCD.
For XP? The XP you get is useless.
For money? Money, what money?

Excatly, why?
Useless thread by an useless guy.

Last edited:
Leads me to believe that people who need to cheat don't have the necessary skills to win normally.

You say it doesn't affect us, well it does, because what happens is that PD spend time and resources fixing these cheats which inevitably limits their time in bringing out improvements.

I bet you idiots are the same people complaining about the lack of DLC.

Why do you play GT5?

Excatly, why?
Useless thread by an useless guy.

You must be happy shouting insults online, right ?

Leads me to believe that people who need to cheat don't have the necessary skills to win normally.

You say it doesn't affect us, well it does, because what happens is that PD spend time and resources fixing these cheats which inevitably limits their time in bringing out improvements.

There are dedicated people to fix things like that, Ok. It's not like a 3D modeler or sound engineer is gonna fix things like that.
Also PD's staff does not consist of only 3 people.
Thinking that a game with extremely an extremely bad EXP system that requires you to to the same races over and over and over just to unlock the next race is good then that's your problem. Well that's not a problem for you because you have all the time in your life and your awesome skill allows you to not grind the races and collect all the EXP necessary to unlock the races without grinding.

PROTIP: It's not possible unless you're waiting for PD to update regularly (hahaha oh wow) the so called "special events" so you can finish the game in 2014 (I'm dead serious)

And what's the relation between people wanting DLC (so that the game can be on par with other games, or to expend further the pretty bad A-Spec) and people going out of a track ?

Why all of you bother posting in this thread ? Is it to make you look some awesome guy ? Or just to shout insults, calling people idiots, writing some bad analogies ?

All this time spent to find holes in the game. Why not just take a hammer to the PS3 and put a hole in it?

What's your point ? What lead you to think he spent time looking for these "holes" ?
If he did why would he want to break his PS3 with a hammer ? Ah it's joke, not a funny one.

And the most lousy one too. If my PS3 can remain on from last December to now, then NO ONE ELSE should have a problem with their PS3 running longer then 24 hours.

Boy am I glad I completed these races before I was aware of the glitching.

No one else should have a problem with their PS3 ? Nice one. Enjoy your PS3 with melted solder joints while it lasts.
In my first PS3 I had to use an heat gun on the motherboard to fix a YLOD. It lasted 4 months before YLODing again.
The PS3's cooling system is insufficient and it's a fact.

Last edited:
Best excuse for Glitching. My PS3 wont last 24 hours.

And the most lousy one too. If my PS3 can remain on from last December to now, then NO ONE ELSE should have a problem with their PS3 running longer then 24 hours.

Boy am I glad I completed these races before all this drama of glitching.

Last edited:

That's one of two things:

PD wasting time on something that doesn't need fixing.

PD wasting time fixing something because of bunch of people complain about it even though it doesn't really matter.

Quite honestly no one should care. Not PD, and not the people who don't glitch. I don't think it's fair to blame glitchers for other peoples' irrational behavior.

Who wouldn't? GT5 is severely lacking in content. How you play doesn't change that fact.

Of course it would take much longer to play the game as it was in 1.0 and without glitching, but it would also take a long time to play the game if you drove for 5 seconds every day. That's what PD did. They put out a game with almost nothing in it and then put a level system on it to make it look like it's full of things to do. The XP system deserves to be glitched.

Why do you play GT5?

I don't really get it either. The Platinum is a meaningless arbitrary achievement, so I don't get why you'd want it without following its rules. But to each their own. Also I didn't know that N24 hr didn't count toward game completion. It makes me even more confused. Either way, it's not something I'll have to deal with. If I ever decided that I wanted to do N24, I'd do it online.

👍

Exactly.

No one else should have a problem with their PS3 ? Nice one. Enjoy your PS3 with melted solder joints while it lasts.
In my first PS3 I had to use an heat gun on the motherboard to fix a YLOD. It lasted 4 months before YLODing again.
The PS3's cooling system is insufficient and it's a fact.

I went from level 32 to level 40 in B-spec in 3 weeks. How? I left my PS3 on.
I use a 3 years old fat 40gb which has been left on for God knows how many hours and did it break? Nope. Whoever has experienced ylod on their PS3 got it because of one thing - lack of proper ventilation in the room PS3 is in.
Edited the last part, I'm not planning to get banned.

Back