Nurburgring 24hr Online Race by wurks.ca

• Thread starter KurtKrDu
  • 403 comments
Where did you find this information? Can't you look in the same place to confirm if it has changed or remained the same?

If this claim of a 12hr maximum is not credible, can PD be contacted regarding the maximum duration of an online race?

Yeah if lobby crashes, we’ll consider it a full course yellow and re-grid the cars in oder to ‘green flag the cars after the ‘esses’.

Yes. First come first serve. Places are going very fast, but still have room. To register, follow the instructions in the Rules and Regs. document found in first post. thanks!

Hmmm, I think I might pass on this for a couple reasons.

One of which is that I think this was announced too far in advance. I'm not sure about my schedule in February at the moment, so I don't want to commit and end up having to back out.

Also, why the requirement for a team facebook? Not sure I see the purpose in it.

Good luck to you though.

Ok so from what I understand you'll use free run, in this way if someone gets disconnected he can log on again and come back on the lobby, would be like doing a crash and go back to the boxes for repair, or sort of.
BUT the problem is free run wont give you statistics, you know after 12h of race with all the pit stops, crashes, sun/rain/night ecc ecc.. it's not very easy keep tracking positions of all the cars, who's the leader, how many laps, 2nd place how many laps ecc ecc. How you can do that? How you will inform drivers about their positions? You need quite a team only for stats.

One of which is that I think this was announced too far in advance. I'm not sure about my schedule in February at the moment, so I don't want to commit and end up having to back out.

Also, why the requirement for a team facebook? Not sure I see the purpose in it.

Good luck to you though.

The facebook answer here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6287382#post6287382

The announcement is done in advance so that teams have time to prepare. Strategy will be key, and strategy requires testing...testing requires time.

Thanks

Wow. Ambitious indeed! Unfortunately i live in a place where no one else plays GT5. sad sad world.

Ok, made the Facebook account and Facebook fan page. Got my friends on board.

One more question, can we change drivers later on if needed in-case something comes up with them?

Wow. Ambitious indeed! Unfortunately i live in a place where no one else plays GT5. sad sad world.

Dude Blaze you really gotta think about finally moving out of the sun. Mercury doesn't even have a movie theatre. Come on dude, at least Venus.

I want to register a team. What if I don't know the vehicle I want to use yet? Can I still register to save a spot and then update my vehicle information at a later date?

Ok so from what I understand you'll use free run, in this way if someone gets disconnected he can log on again and come back on the lobby, would be like doing a crash and go back to the boxes for repair, or sort of.
BUT the problem is free run wont give you statistics, you know after 12h of race with all the pit stops, crashes, sun/rain/night ecc ecc.. it's not very easy keep tracking positions of all the cars, who's the leader, how many laps, 2nd place how many laps ecc ecc. How you can do that? How you will inform drivers about their positions? You need quite a team only for stats.

Race will have 200 laps, but we'll probably only run 140-150 or something. We have staff to note positions every time 1st place crosses finish/start line. So if there is a serious problem, we'll regroup in order and have a rolling start.
We'll probably have an endurance race of 4hrs between now and then to see if anyone gets disconnected. Internet connections must be good and stable. If someone gets disconnected and no-one else does, it will probably be considered DNF - Electrical Failure ;)

I can see people getting DC'd with 1 hour to go.

True, my connection is one that can disconnect at anytime, really. If I were to do this race, i'd upgrade my internet, and connect my PS3 to a UPS, so that i'm temporarily unaffected by power cuts. That's the last of my problems anyway, because I only know one person who is interested in GT5, and don't even know how good they are. I could probably get my father to drive, as well, but it'd take a lot of practice for both of them. Eight hours per driver is a lot, even though we wouldn't have to go 8 hours straight at a time, it's a big commitment.

Questions, 3 drivers are the maximum allowed per PSN? Or the maximum allowed per team?

As for me, i've already got a car in mind. It's mighty, but its tyre wear has always been very poor, so while it could grab a pole position, it'd do little more than that.

Are you considering doing a Live Commentary? I'd be interested in doing a live commentary via skype with you guys, if I couldn't take part in the race.

Last edited:
i just want to give support to organizer, its a massive event and i wish you the best of luck
and respect to all drivers who will participate ;)

Good luck to you though.

Exactly my thoughts.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to participate but:
- I don't have a PC nor do I have a facebook account nor do I want to start one
- I don't know if I'll be able to play in February because of the exams

Anyways good luck to you all, looks like a great event - it's just over complicated with the inclusion of mandatory PC and facebook.

Oh man, really love this idea!
Hopefully I can get a few friends to commit with me though. :scared:

I'll try to whip together a team ASAP.

Registration Sent!

Mint Racing Team (MRT, just made the team based on an old name we used when we competed in a Battlefield 2 tournament)

We're using the Concept RX-8 LM Race Car!

Everything you guys asked for is in the E-mail I sent to info@shifted.wurks.ca

Thanks! Got my guys onboard, can't wait!

I want to register a team. What if I don't know the vehicle I want to use yet? Can I still register to save a spot and then update my vehicle information at a later date?

Still waiting on an answer to this. I have a team ready, just in the process of testing vehicles that suit everyone's driving style. It may take a week or two so just wondering if I can register the team now and finalize the vehicle between now and the end of the month or something.

Ah, if only it were the week before (18-19)! That's a 4 day weekend here in Ontario. Would've been a lot let stress on our schedules.
Reguardless, I might have a team together. Hopefully you can expect our application soon :)

I want to sign up but I'm not quite sure how this will work. Do all members of the team meet in real life and use one PS3?

Are there any restrictions on the Drivetrain of the car?

I've got a team ready, I just want to know before I register.

Also, is it a page, or group?

Last edited:
Wow, this is an ambitious endeavor; I am impressed with the organization of this and I applaud the drivers who are participating. Good luck with the event. 👍

I would have been interested, but I'm the only person I know who plays GT5 in my area. A shame, because the NSX RM or Cusco Advan Impreza (two of my absolute favourite cars in game) would have been perfect for those specs.

I'm not joining (I'm not the long race kind of guy), but I
do have some ideas. The PP limit would be 500-600 and you
would use any kind of race car. Normal cars would be a little harder
because of their handling. And maybe you can use some kind
of penalty for crashing....

Well anyway, Good Luck! :)

Where did you find this information? Can't you look in the same place to confirm if it has changed or remained the same?

If this claim of a 12hr maximum is not credible, can PD be contacted regarding the maximum duration of an online race?

I'm not near my PS3 (and haven't tried since Spec 2) but just try hosting a multiplayer race and setting the race time to max. Last time I checked it tops out at 12 hours. Kind of annoying because proper 24 hour races online would be great.

It sounds like these guys have a plan to run it in practice? Hopefully that will work fine. Will there still be day/night cycle?

I would love to get in on this, but don't know any players near me. If there's any teams in the Las Vegas or southern Utah area looking for team mates, let me know.

Would be very interested in this, but logistics would be very hard for me to sort out.. none of my mates at uni really play GT5, and don't know many GTP members around portsmouth- if there are let me know!

This would be very cool, but the car regulations are far too open to allow for fair and even racing.

You say road cars, or or race cars based on production road cars, so that's basically race cars, RM/TC/LM cars in GT5. To open and unclear about what's yay or nay. Anything with aero will kill the cars without it, especially since it's not based on PP, there's no penalty for running high downforce cars.

I can see de-tuned R390's and NSX Prototypes running amuck. Without a PP restriction, tuning your car to the max and then using the engine limiter has no penalty. So the most powerful car that can be de-tuned to regulations will be very strong.

Also with no tire restrictions, you basically saying Racing Softs or nothing.

The open car regulations that has been adopted is just waiting to be abused and leads to an unfair race. I would really look to testing cars and tightening up your regulations on your cars for the race.

I would be interested, but the car regulations so far have put me off. I've been in events with open regulations like the ones adopted here and it just makes for a wide spread race, and that's before taking 24hours of racing into consideration

Back