Nurburgring 4 hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matthewjohnson
  • 30 comments
  • 4,887 views
Messages
47
Messages
Matt_Spud_1982
Hoping to do the Nurburgring 4 hours this weekend but does anyone know how many laps yu can squeeze out of a set of racing softs on that track? Bit worried I might have to pit every 2nd lap!
 
Hoping to do the Nurburgring 4 hours this weekend but does anyone know how many laps yu can squeeze out of a set of racing softs on that track? Bit worried I might have to pit every 2nd lap!

I could do 5 laps easy with the Rm'd Subaru.
 
GT-R Vspec 09 fully mod..stock or sport supention...will win easy
 
I took my Xanavi to the Ring, 28 laps in total, pitted every 4 or 5 laps, iirc. Best endurance apart from the 24hrs, I think. Have fun :dopey:
 
Thanks guys, least I can get a few flying laps in between stops!
 
I was doing 6 with my Autobacs Arta Garaiya. Fun car for that event.
 
I'm currently about 1hr 30mins into it with my fully tuned RM 'vette and using RH I was only getting 3/4 laps with the TC off (using a pad).

Just switched onto RS and the wear seems better, but I'm also going to add a little TC to try and eek out an extra lap or two between stops.

Not sure my setup is ideal ... handling is poor around the GP circuit section with bags of understeer with the RH's, but quick (if a little twitchy) through the rest of the Nordschleife.
 
Every 4 laps with X2010 Prototype and soft racing tyres (I think every 5 laps is also okay but I'm cautious in terms of tyres and fuel in endurance races :) ...)
 
i used a fully tuned gt-r r35,done 29 laps and was pitting every 3/4 laps with race/m on
 
I use my X1 and got plenty of laps to sit out the last 45 minutes to finish race. 30 laps total with it
 
I used the X1, fell asleep at the wheel (or pad) lol got woken up by the vibration from my crash, not recommended... still won tho!
 
I'm planning on using my fully specced M3 CSL only because I just love driving the thing so much it'll be fun doing it.

What lap times are the AI cars running around in, the CSL will do 6:40 second laps consistently.
 
Anybody use a stock gtr? Thinking about trying it to get the achievement.
 
Just finished it with my self race prepped MP4-12C. Won by a clear 2 laps pitting every 4, but only just. Turned up the TC towards the end of the 3rd lap of a stint to help keep the rear in line under power on worn tyers. Great fun!
 
Depends entirely on the car, the setup, and how hard you drive it.

During the PSN downtime I ran it with a 458 Italia that was tuned online for nurburgring. I won by about 3 minutes... which was way more than enough (I would say I was driving casual...)
Racing Softs lasted 2 laps, 3 if I wanted to push it... but really the track is soo long that there is no benefit to pushing your tires, your lap times drop off more than the pit stop would cost you, in most cases...

Also, switched from bumper to in car view (middle zoom!) and discovered this was almost the same as bumper cam but waay more exciting.... Also-also.. used controller instead of wheel...
 
Pitted every 3 laps with softs for my Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race. Finished with 28 laps, 2-3 laps ahead.
 
Drove that green Nissan Skyline R34 thingy (Mines I think it was) on Sports Soft and pitted every four laps. Came second in the end because of a silly quick car (S2000 Turbo)
 
Race cars I usually get about 4-5 laps on racing softs - but I got 7 laps out of RS tyres in the CLK touring car...just under an hour a set!
 
Anybody use a stock gtr? Thinking about trying it to get the achievement.
I don't think this will work - you have to achieve this in the Arcade Mode as far as I know. Also, the trophy is for a time on the Nordschleife layout. Plus it probably won't win.
 
Drove that green Nissan Skyline R34 thingy (Mines I think it was) on Sports Soft and pitted every four laps. Came second in the end because of a silly quick car (S2000 Turbo)
If you pit every three laps and make sure you only have half a tank (50 litres) you can win on racing hard. The S2000 is still fast, but he overuses his tyres and puts in some really terrible in laps. The same can be said of the Audi R8 LM that occasionally pops up in it. I've done this one twice now and can see myself doing it again, although I might try a different car next time.
 
I used fully tuned 430 Scud and DS3, I had to pit every 2laps as the tires would be completely shot towards the end of the 3rd lap, still won easily but couldnt get a fast lap in as had pit out/pit in every other lap lol
 
Racing softs vs racing hards, only difference is the grip. Wear is the same. Pit about every four laps
 
I did it in the Ford GT test car spec II or w/e, Pitted every 2 laps.. :\
 
Racing softs vs racing hards, only difference is the grip. Wear is the same. Pit about every four laps

Racing hards don't last as long in my case. I spin the wheels too much when accelerating.
 
Pitted every 3 laps with softs for my Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race. Finished with 28 laps, 2-3 laps ahead.

Racing softs on the RM 'Vette lasted slightly better than the hards, but not enough to do 4 laps at full pace (if I had a spin etc i'd have to limp around). I did up the TC to 2 as I was getting a little heavy fingered, but it didn't seem to help much.

Ended up doing 28 laps and was 2 laps ahead of the R8 LMS and 3-4 ahead of everyone else.
 
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car...

Pitted every 7-8 laps. Fantastic car for that race. :D
 
The GSXR4 can last 14 laps with racing softs.
 
Used a stock Audi R8, started out with sport hards which made it very exciting. Was only able to stay ahead of AI but could not pull away. 1st stop I switched to sport softs and was able to gap and pull away. 2nd stop switched to race hards which turned it into a yawner. By the end, had lapped field and cruised in on final lap. Pitted every 4/5th lap.
 
Back