Nurburgring Nordschleife (in Reverse)

Would you like nurburgring reverse as an option?

• Yes

Votes: 125 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 89 32.4%
  • I dont care

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • Whats Nurburgring?

Votes: 15 5.5%

• Total voters
GTP-Stormbringer
Nurburgring in reverse?

I free run the ring in reverse some times, the only way to get rid of that "wrong way" indicator is to turn all of the HUD off. And ofcourse nurburgring is awesome in reverse too. And maybe deserves such a variation.
It would be so easy for them to implement too....give us some timetrials, races....bring it on...please

It isn't, there is actually a south circuit. Well, there was.

Nordschleife_Google_Earth.jpg

I would like to have it, would be a challenge but I have yet to see any game that gave a reverse of any real world track as an option. Could be that the track owners will not allow it

Real world tracks are generally driven in only one direction, so it makes sense for the game to follow suit.

Those aren't just a bunch of random turns in the road... every corner is designed, and is meant to be taken in a particular direction.
In the real world there are safety issues too. Track exits to tow cars out would create a brutal target for crashing cars.

However Nurb reverse is surprisingly fun, it's a shame to not have the options when it would have doubled PD's real world track layouts to add reverse.

It would be good to see an approximation of it. I think it was available in rFactor or something like it?

I believe some of the roads are still there but the area where it connected an der Nordschleife is now covered by the GP circuit.

It's surprising fun driving it in the opposite direction. Main straight is then downhill, something that gives you crazy speeds and makes, what is previously, entry into the straight, incredibly challenging corner. Another really interesting part is right after karussell. In reverse it is again high speed downhill section that requires a lot of attention.

No, just turn around in arcade mode and get it out of your system.

PD could add other major tracks that are hard to master like pikes peak...

The rings already in the game. Its gonna be hardly any work compared to the effort PD has to make to model and add new tracks

Anyone else drive Le Mans sometimes backwards in a competitive LMP1? It's as if the track has perfect cambered corners until you get to tetre rouge...

Some joker made a track reverse tool for Grand Prix Legends - Monza Backwards (No chicanes at all) was a beast... full chat breaking into the funnel of Parabolica - a corner that just funnels and tightens and tightens on you.

Nurburgring Backwards - So many dangerous jumps and crests going the wrong way. ExMuhle is a bit Corkscrew-ish

(Proper Full sized) Spa-Francorchamps backwards was extra dull until you got to Radillion/Eau Rouge which is crazy dangerous the wrong way.
Monaco was kind of easier - but the now Downhill blast of Beau Virage into St Devote was proper white knuckle stuff.

Zandvoort was a blast either way. round. Long cambered sweeps linked up in perfect undulations. Proper track.
In an odd way it made you understand the actual track (Normal direction) better as you had the full knowledge and you knew the track - literally - backwards.

Brands Hatch used to go the other way round when it was a grass track.

I for one would quite enjoy a closed point to point rally stage at Nurburgring (Tarmac) - Bit more soft barriers track side? Could even go the wrong way on the return leg like they do in real Rallys.

@Verbal, I'd never seen that - thanks for posting it!

Personally I wouldn't mind if a game company was given permission to provide a reversed version of a track regardless of whether or not it would be feasible or approved in real life.

Now I've seen Nordschleife (R) I want it in GT for definite :)

The track is complicated enough as it is, doing it backwards would literally be Green Hell²

Idk why people call it green hell.

I call it green heavan

It's a quote from the thirties that was made famous by Jackie Stewart when he repeated it in the mid 60s.

I think that when the light is low and the track's getting slippery then racing at 130mph sitting on a fuel tank fastened to a pram chassis is something less than heavenly :D

Back