Nurburgring Track Day, very fun event

• Thread starter Crumpet
  • 73 comments

Crumpet

Premium
United Kingdom
Great Britain
Over the past week or so I have been getting rather bored, or fed up of this game. I just really couldn't see the point anymore.

So I decided to go online today, having no clue what to call my event, so I went to join my friend to do some drifting. He then requested I do a track day at Nurburgring, I had to agree to this, I've done it before, it was amazing then. I went ahead and created the lounge and whipped out my Peugeot 106, and started driving. It was raining, and was at the edge of morning, I was at the last straight when someone joined, it turned out to be my friend. In a blue kei car. With him joining his other friend joined. His other friend always uses an AE86 Levin, he loves that thing. So I posted the rules, about stopping, ramming, drifting etc and how most stuff were forbidden.
So someone we didn't know joined, he was from Italy, I can't really remember what he was driving but it was nice to have someone driving. By this time I had took out my M3 GTR, as everyone knows it's grippy on the Nurburgring. My friend used his MR2. Eventually 2 more people joined, and they were pretty good on the Ring. I reverted back to the 106, which was a very dangerous choice, since there were a flood of 787B race cars.

It was still raining, and people were starting to break the rules a little, so I warned them before an accident occurred. Someone broke out an X2010, he was quickly kicked after sending my 106 right down the straight, not good! Someone also took out an FGT, somehow I managed to keep up with him, it isn't very hard when a car like that on rain spins all the time. I was really enjoying the event by now, I had a Ferrari, a Zonda and an Z4 race past me, I also saw 3 guys racing touring cars. The racing didn't bother me, and it was usually on the big straight. But I had to put an end to that after a Nissan Super GT car lost control and T-Boned me. He said my trash was to invisible in the rain, pretty nasty. I just gave him a warning, besides, he was a good driver on his own. After another 20 minutes of pure driving fun, the rain was starting to get pretty irritating, no one likes the same old thing. Especially my 330 P4, which I had crashed and been hit by another car, by the time I got the message "Make it dark", I hesitated to, as I'd like to keep it real by letting it do that on it's own. I turned on my headset and asked what the people talking on there thought, they all agreed. So I changed the time to 7PM, I got told to put it higher, but I responded with a simple "No, I'm sure we'd all like to see the sunset". People immediately agreed, who doesn't love to watch the sunset at Nurburgring, especially with 16 cars on the road. As it got dark I knew I had to change car by now, the 106 was worn out. I changed to an Aston Martin, the premium DB9. I was about to pull out of the pits when a flood of 787B cars blasted past me, someone spun out, I felt sorry for him.

I was parking at the side of the pit wall, as I simply enjoyed watching all the cars go past, the F1 cars, the green Volvo, and the BMW M5. Someone from GTPlanet had joined now. I welcomed him, and he brought out a yellow SLS AMG, I only followed it to the first corner, then passed. I was now alone, in the Aston at night, the dashboard was glowing blue, it looked amazing at the speed I was going. I basically carried on driving around the track. I passed the M5 at the corner before the final straight. Then, I just gunned the Aston very hard, until I eventually arrived back at the pits. I was so amazed at how much I've actually enjoyed driving with these people. I felt like I had all these friends, until while pausing I accidentally pressed "Start Race", someone said "But it's a track day". I understood, but they're were nothing I could do, so I just let the race start. But as usual, it didn't, the screen just stayed black, and I, along with everyone else, left.

- Because of the nice community in GT5, I now love the game again, so thanks to everyone who joined the lounge "Nurburgring Track Day".

Yeah, that was fun. To bad you accidentally started the race.

Thanks for mentioning my Kei Car Haha

Last edited:
I had a track day the other night at nurburgring. Eventually about five drifters joined in various states of D1 car, both premium and not premium.

I was cruising in my kubelwagen (love that thing) when all five tandem drifted right past me.

I think that track, plus people, is always a great experience.

Top story, the joys of playing online.

I alwaysplay the Ring most nights and have built up an assortment of online firends to race with. Takes a while but eventually you begin to find like minded people that respect the driving rules and laws of gravity.

I ran a 9 lap race at the Ring, hard to keep concentration on and really does demand careful tyre choice, pit stop timing etc.

I'll keep an eye out for you psn id is j3shf if you fancy a race sometime.

Friend request coming over soon.

I love this track, but I hate all those wannabe Sennas who screw up your race.

Ditto.
I'm away for the week, but send me a request. I'm not the best, but something like this may ignite my interest in the game again. Try and make the events regular, maybe it will help more people.

haha, I saw that server yesterday, but was hesitant to join it because of low number of people. Had I known this, I would have joined for sure.

Nice write up 👍

About 80% of my on line time goes to free runs on the 'Ring, so if you were to host again, drop us a line and I'll come by!

This is the only reason I play the game, some people dont get it.

But once you get in a group of clean drivers its so awesome. Even in freeruns like the above with a ton of different types/groups of cars its nice seeing what you can try and keep up with in a elise.

A-Spec and B-Spec cannot compare for me.

Yeah, I've finally started to do this and it gets really great really quick. One time it was slow-car night on the Ring, and it turned into an assisted 2CV race. Other cars (also slower ones) would hang around and push the loser to catch up :)

I made a hyper VW Beetle for such occasions, which turns out to be a lot of fun! It's interesting to see how well you can get along with total strangers just by not being a jackass :) also got together a headset/mic setup last night, which is another new development...

I need to start seeking out the same thing, only in rally :)

I find that in US servers most of the drivers I meet are just complete idiots. Whenever I join European servers it's always a great time. That's just my personal experience. If anyone wants to drive around the Ring properly, send me a friend request.

Great thread, I'm about at my wits end with the grinding to get to level 40, I think you may have just rekindled my passion for playing the game.

Hey man, I was on there last night as you know, and added you on PSN.

Just so you know, I really appreciated your style of hosting. You stuck to the rules you had set, disciplined people, and it had a good atmosphere in there. Definitely one of the best online games i've had since GT5 was released. Some people were pushing their luck, creating tension, but once they got it out of their systems, it was nice just to pass others and be passed along the way.

I was driving my Cusco Impreza GT300. I pulled one of my best overtaking maneuvers on there last night, when you switched to dark. I flashed my yellow lights, passed on the left of the M5 at 150mph through a shallow left bend, then braked sharp. Then he rammed me :( He cut the grass to get ahead. He did apologise when confronted though, so....

Anyway, great room. Would join again. Hopefully more good times ahead.

Edit to add, I would love to be able to save replays from free runs. Some of the best stuff happens there.

Last edited:
addme, and i´ll love joining the game! I like to cruise in nurburgring, with those old and classic cars... fast or not, i dont care people passing by me, i just enjoy the cruising.

Let me know when you´re going to host the next!

psn: msturismo

Back