Nurburgring Track Day, very fun event

• Thread starter Crumpet
  • 73 comments
The open, no race, trackday lobbies are definitely my favorite. All sorts of cars, no pressure to finish, just doing laps in fun cars with fun people.

This sounds like great fun, it just goes to show how good online can be when the people you are racing with aren't actually idiots.

You've convinced me to try online, as I didn't realize you could do track day-ish things, just races and I wasn't really interested in races. Hows the lag going across the pond? If it's not to bad I might try to join if you host another.

An interesting story, and indeed, it was a cool story bro 👍
Just kidding :D
You've inspired me to have a track day of my own as I'm now bored with GT5, the other day I just spent 4 hours buying cars.
Fortunately, I'm good at the Nurburgring to the AMG Driving Academy, so I'll be having fun, not crashing everyone.
Thank you for being such an inspiration :)

Lag seems to vary but not due to location! It's really odd. My worst connection is to Australia (SURPRISE!), but I race with people from the USA and Canade with no problems (i'm in the UK).

You know...sometimes you can get a really good race/trackday with awesome people. Sometimes it just takes one good moment to love something. Your story reminds me a bit of my old Moto GP days on Xbox Live years ago. It was my first time playing any kind of video game online. It was a good room with awesome tight and clean line racing at mugello and i fell in love with it. We had the same 12 people in the room from 10pm to 4am. And racing a track at sunset, or even sunrise, is just amazing for a video game. Sure other video games have day/night but on GT5 its a whole 'nother level.

Damn, I got band rehearsal tonight :ill: Ah well, there'll be another time, I'm sure. Have fun tonight! 👍

cool story. isnt it funny that a rubbish car with a good driver can over take really good cars with bad ones.

OMG hell of a story with a BAD twist at the very end! Has happened to me too!

Tip to PD: Let us cancel starting the race! And fix the black screen!

And let me cancel the loading screens! I've wasted SOOO much time clicking on the wrong place/event, only to have to wait 3 minutes so I can go BACK TO ANOTHER LOADING SCREEN so I can get back to where I was and hope I don't do it again!

So basically you can try out whatever cars you want and just see how far you can push it?
Sounds like alot fun, def. gonna try and catch you.

Jai now has a new Track Day lounge open. The number is 1472-6118-3615-5261-6253

Hope you join!

SuperGTRacer

The rooms you speak of are advertised as 'Freerun'.

Indeed, Nurburgring is great.. The night driving can be really cool in groups.
I suspect Sarthe at night might also be fun, but I don't think I would race on it in the day (boring)...

I don't bother with the other tracks, however I am now wondering what tracks might be similarly challenging or impressive under certain conditions (night, rain..)...

Back