Nurburgring... Who wants the FULL Nurburgring

Host_Killer, DeltaBravo-Opr8r
I hope System 3 comes out with the "Real" Nurburgring. I don't mind the F1, but I really enjoy the physics of Ferrari Challenge and desperately want to race the full Nurburgring.

Cheers,
Host_Killer

Doesn't really bother me as there's already lots of other awesome tracks.

Don't get me wrong I love "The Green Hell" I think it's one of the greatest challenges in motorsport, I've loved driving that track in the Gran Turismo series and on Forza2 and IMO it makes a great addition to any game.

BUT!

Online racing is my big thing and from my experience of Forza, whenever I've selected a race of more than 1 lap of the Nordschliefe you hear a big groan form other participants in the lobby and some people leave, that's with a lobby of only 8 people so I think it'll be hard to get a good online race together where 16 people agree to do a decent ammount of laps around "The 'Ring"

What could be the saving grace of having the Nordschliefe in FC is the lack of vehicle damage in this game as it's a very narrow track which makes overtaking a very difficult thing to do. Forza's downfall is ( and I never thought I'd say this was a downfall) the damage, as 8 people going down into turn 1 almost always ends in tears and damaged cars and participants are then faced with a 12 mile drive with a damaged and slow car to get back to the pits for repairs.

TBH I am happy with the tracks that are already in this game and if the patch works I would rather more focus was put into improving the game with possibly a V3 patch that installed standing starts, vehicle damage and opened the pit lanes up for inserting a bit of strategy into the racing experience.

Last edited:
I'd rather have the Isle of Man TT course in FC, I'd pay good money for that track.

Amazing to drive in Grand Prix Legends - would love to see it in FC

TBH I am happy with the tracks that are already in this game and if the patch works I would rather more focus was put into improving the game with possibly a V3 patch that installed standing starts, vehicle damage and opened the pit lanes up for inserting a bit of strategy into the racing experience.

Agreed!!! 👍

I've never played Forza 2 online, but I'm surprised that it would be hard to get a full grid on the Nordeschleife. I'm pretty sure that there will be a bunch of racers who would love to tackle the course in GT5.

I'm hoping that what damage SHOULD do, is encourage racers to drive more conservatively, waiting for their opponents to make a mistake before they attempt to pass, rather than all piling in at the first corner! :ouch:

It's really too bad if that's not the way it works in Forza 2...

Don't care about The Ring I'm bored now.
There are a lot more fantastic race tracks not known to the general public.
Just looking for something different like:

Great old tracks:
- AVUS
- Brooklands
- Le Mans

I really miss this track:
- Imola

Very special and old tracks from Italy:
- Circuito di Mugello (40 mile and it included a section of the Mille Miglia)
- Mille Miglia
- Targa Florio
- Pescara circuit (16 mile and a very special track for Ferrari fans)
- Aeroautodromo di Modena

Anyway anyone can dream and those are my dream tracks. :)

Last edited:
if they were to add this to FC I would pick it up right away!

I miss driving the nurburgring... in the GT4 days...

I would like the full ring. I doubt it will happend, so im kinda setled with that.

We cant have everything. So ill rather they just get the core game to 100 % functionality. Then i will start thinking about DLC after that happends.

They have already said that the 'ring will not be in, because Mark Cale claims that its no longer used as a race track, but is just a manufacturer test track.

Which is nonsense, the 'ring holds as many (if not more) races during the course of a year than LeSarth and Monaco, both of which are going to be DLC.

My guess is they didn't want/are not up to, the challenge of modeling it well. Which is a pity.

Regards

Scaff

I've never played Forza 2 online, but I'm surprised that it would be hard to get a full grid on the Nordeschleife. I'm pretty sure that there will be a bunch of racers who would love to tackle the course in GT5.

I'm hoping that what damage SHOULD do, is encourage racers to drive more conservatively, waiting for their opponents to make a mistake before they attempt to pass, rather than all piling in at the first corner! :ouch:

It's really too bad if that's not the way it works in Forza 2...

Yeah it suprises me too, when we get a UKOG room together it's never a problem (obviously) as we are there because we're friends and enjoy racing cleanly, but if it's an open lobby then unfortunately there's always someone out to spoil the fun so add an extra 8 strangers into the mix and it'll get messy. Having had the misfortune to play GT5P online too I'm sure the situation would be the same (if not worse) on there. It's not something exclusive to Forza2 at all in fact GT5P online is the worst I've seen for bad drivers (I've had cleaner races in Burnout Paradise). On the flip side the limited tme I've had online with FC has shown me that FC Online is probably the best experience I've had for meeting random clean drivers so my theory about the "Green Hell" could be misguided.

With all respect to Eutechnyx, I somehow think that Nordschliefe would be very hard to make in current FC:TP graphic engine, regarding both 16 cars on track, lightining particle effects, rain and so on.

Lack of it is probably more connected to technical/software limitations than to fact it's not a "racing track".

Besides, every racing developer would kill for NordSch, because it's probably the greatest selling point marketing-vise at this moment of human history.

Mark Cale,

We understand Nordschliefe is not part of Ferrari Challenge, but this game is going to be much bigger in scope than just the Challenge Series. For me as well as any hardcore online racer - It's about RACING ONLINE with other "true racers" not NOOBS. This is why I have requested pit stops (Strategy) for the game. You can keep the integrity of the Ferrari Challenge Series in tact without compromising the online aspect of this game.

Mr. Cale - you want a long shelf life for Ferrari Challenge?

Answer- Build an online simulation with detailed setups, real car damage, tyre degradation, Pit Stops, & Complete control of online events (Host controlled parameters, longer races, etc.).

Cheers,
Host_Killer

Back