Obelisk

Premium
United States
United States
RMedia_Obelisk
2016 Mazda 3 I Sport owned by @Obelisk
IMG_20160719_094525.jpg
IMG_20160719_094535.jpg

It's a 6-speed auto with the optional Tech package and the 2.0 engine. Currently completely stock, sitting on Bridgestone Ecopias and 16' OEM wheels.

Attachments

• uTxs61V.jpg
    uTxs61V.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Aym0xcJ.jpg
    Aym0xcJ.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 141
  • yX4k1WN.jpg
    yX4k1WN.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
TB
Wouldn't it be better to have two separate threads?
Well, you have a point. I just thought it'd be nice to keep the two in the same thread. I asked Peacock's permission to post his car here, as well.

But to answer you directly, Peacock and I are a team. I just haven't gotten around to making the team an official thing.

Will have winter pics soon, but wanted to comment on a quirk. The Mazda 3 has a tendency to snap oversteer when A) letting off the gas really quickly at high speeds and B) Turning any more than needed in snow.

That's what happens when you abruptly shift weight in a front-wheel-drive... not exactly a quirk.

SVX
That's what happens when you abruptly shift weight in a front-wheel-drive... not exactly a quirk.
Oh? I was led to believe it was a quirk. My bad. Still a pretty bad thing to have happen to you.

Oh? I was led to believe it was a quirk. My bad. Still a pretty bad thing to have happen to you.

You're rapidly shifting the weight from one end to the other. Think about left foot braking - you're taking the weight off the rear to instead bring it around for a better turn in. Quickly lifting off the accelerator, especially in snow I might add, is dangerous.

It's lift-off oversteer you're experiencing afaik.

SVX
You're rapidly shifting the weight from one end to the other. Think about left foot braking - you're taking the weight off the rear to instead bring it around for a better turn in. Quickly lifting off the accelerator, especially in snow I might add, is dangerous.

It's lift-off oversteer you're experiencing afaik.
Gotcha. The weird thing is the oversteer on the snow that I experienced (peacock experienced the lift-off oversteer on an on-ramp) wasn't related to lift off. I just tried to turn in a little more and the back gave out.

I needed to update this thread for a good while, but never got around to it.

I finally named my Mazda3! Her name now is Momo.

She also just passed 10,000 miles without a single problem! We used her for my family vacation two weeks ago, and she fared much better than my mom's RAV4 (47 MPG vs 25 MPG) over the 600-some miles.

Latest Posts

Back