Odd Occurance!

Tina Branford

(Banned)
United States
United States
I did the Mitsubishi Mirage(Race Mod) event race tonight and had something happen that's never happened to me before in the 19 years of on and off playing of this game. See the thing is I like to get challenges while playing racing games or games in general so I don't tune cars much for races to make the race as hard and close as possible. Well I did just that it seems because I BARELY caught up to the 1st place car on the final lap and we made a perfect tie! The racing result screen(SEIKO) list said that even though we both crossed at the same time and the difference was shown as 0:00:000 gap it said I WON. However, when the race result screen that's right before the prize money screen it said I made second haha it doesn't know what it wants lol! Here are a couple bad but semi legible pictures to show you all...

WIN_20190302_17_40_35_Pro.jpg WIN_20190302_17_42_38_Pro.jpg

Wow so close, the AI have a step forward in these cases lol, that's unfair..
Are you saving credits?

Wow so close, the AI have a step forward in these cases lol, that's unfair..
Are you saving credits?

Yes, I've saving for credits to complete the Manufacturer events. I have replayed this game a lot(like I do my favorite RPGs) I just fired up my latest new file I started about 8 months ago to continue where I left off. I find the manufacturer event repetitive and annoying so I do them as fast as possible as cheap as possible.

Why do you ask?

It would be great if the sale prices of some cars (prize cars) will go down but there is some similarity with
the real prices so it would be wrong to edit them, something like this would undoubtedly make it
much more difficult to buy cars from the "Special" area.

The point here would be .. change the prize cars, like tvrspeed12 to Endurance.

Last edited:
It would be great if the sale prices of some cars (prize cars) will go down but there is some similarity with
the real prices so it would be wrong to edit them, something like this would undoubtedly make it
much more difficult to buy cars from the "Special" area.

The point here would be .. change the prize cars, like tvrspeed12 to Endurance.

Oh you're the one making a mod of GT2.. right. If I knew how to do that I'd code the Escudo the only be able to equip dirt tires. Your idea on the credits is a good one to an extent.

Oh you're the one making a mod of GT2.. right. If I knew how to do that I'd code the Escudo the only be able to equip dirt tires.

That would break the game - it's not possible to exclude a car from normal events, and without any tyres you'd get some pretty unintended results.

That would break the game - it's not possible to exclude a car from normal events, and without any tyres you'd get some pretty unintended results.

Well in that case changing the code to make an HP boost tune up ie stage 1 or 2 turbo able to be bought and equipped on the R390-GT1 Race Car, Toyota GT-One Race Car, and a stage 1-2 NA tune for the Dodge Viper Team Oreca among others should be possible. This way there would be 800 hp+ adjustable downforce circuit cars to balance the game out. A 940 hp GT-One race car would easily match the Escudo. That's a great idea.

I have nothing against the car(I actually like it) but being able to have a nice fun even playing field with all the top cars would be great. I've been thinking about getting into game code manipulation.. when I do that would be something I change. I love this game and it would be worth learning this stuff to make my own hacks.

By the way props for the effort you put into the mod PEZ.

No need reply I won't read comments or post on GT2 boards.. lost interest in the game again. On could hijack the thread though?!

Too bad users cannot delete threads they start.

Look i'm not trying to offend but why start threads if you're not going to pay attention to what's going to happen inside them? Also... do you have ADHD? I feel like you keep changing your center of interest every time I see you being active lmao. IT took you 2 days to get bored of the game (I can understand that) but wow, it's like all or nothing lol
Or maybe I just don't understand how people can lose interest in a thing enough to not even give a damn about it anymore ^^'

Still, about the OP, it's kind of weird how GT2 handles positions, but I think the time actually is a lot more precise than is shows (probably takes into account more than milliseconds, and so you were put up front.

Look i'm not trying to offend but why start threads if you're not going to pay attention to what's going to happen inside them? Also... do you have ADHD? I feel like you keep changing your center of interest every time I see you being active lmao. IT took you 2 days to get bored of the game (I can understand that) but wow, it's like all or nothing lol
Or maybe I just don't understand how people can lose interest in a thing enough to not even give a damn about it anymore ^^'

Still, about the OP, it's kind of weird how GT2 handles positions, but I think the time actually is a lot more precise than is shows (probably takes into account more than milliseconds, and so you were put up front.

I lost interest when I seen the Escudo do 47 second lap on Red Rock Valley on youtube. Knowing that no car can ever match that in the game. The Speed 12's record is like 55 and the Cerbera LM is like 53. It's ridiculous but oh well.

No I don't have ADHD, I have 120 hours on my Final Fantasy files and still perfecting them as we speak. I have patience for good games not bad games.

EDIT: Yes I am aware that I replied when I said I wouldn't.. oops my bad.

I think that record is true, a time ago try to break it but I only achieve 50:900, after 40 minutes stop trying ..

You're so fixated on that Escudo it's amazing haha. I won't revive the "it's not a car you need to drive" war but heh, to each their own. I'm aquainted to some of the speedrunners trying to break the Red Rock time. Yeah it's a legit time.

I kinda see Tina's point. The Escudo is almost a cheat lmao

Also I haven't played GT2 in a while. I find one issue with it is that the AI just isn't very competitive in the higher powered cars, especially compared to GT1 where they'll seemingly rubber band like crazy (making it a lot more of a fun and unpredictable challenge). GT2 I just seem to find driving a high power car puts me quite far in front of the rest of the AI.

Back