Odd start engine sounds for cars.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silver-Sylph
  • 72 comments
  • 6,661 views
Messages
2,082
United States
Ohio
Messages
SilverSylphide19
As the title says post the oddest start engine you've heard. Mine has to be the Nissan Fairlady 280z as it sounds like the engine isn't turning over.
 
Just commenting on how I love this little extra, only wished they would've blipped the throttle after starting it.
 
IMO, the Mustang sounds exactly like in real life.
 
My countache sounds like it hasn't been started in forever.
 
My R10 sounds like a weed-wacker, then it sounds like a dump truck.
 
The JGTC WoodOne Supra, the one that was in the OCD until today. It sounds really rough (and basically like it's going to destroy the world), but then when you drive it it sounds nothing like it, even if you rev it from idle. Most cars are like that, though.

Oh and the 787B sounds exactly how it drives; fast.
 
The Scuderia sounds like a small boat, or a lawnmower.
 
The Schwimwagen doesn't actually start. It just sort of coughs, dies... and... oops... screen exit. :D
 
Tesla Roadster. click... click... beep...

well... the Tesla doesn´t start, it ACTIVATES.
 
Yeah these are pretty cool. I like the mclaren F1's sound.
I'm guessing these are actual recordings of the cars starting, as opposed to the audio we get while driving them which is digital/fake.
 
IMO, the Mustang sounds exactly like in real life.

Which mustang? The Mach 1 does sound like a old cleveland V8 being kicked over(once it`s warmed up of course:sly: )
 
Re-Amemiya RX-7

It sounds like its laughing an evil throaty laugh.
 
Love the old cars like the R4 330 sound like they barely start, and then roar. Its bizarre how the start ups sound so good, then you race with the car and it sounds like crap.
 
Its bizarre how the start ups sound so good, then you race with the car and it sounds like crap.

I'm guessing these are actual recordings of the cars starting, as opposed to the audio we get while driving them which is digital/fake.
..
 
Its bizarre how every thread on this forum degrades almost instantly into complaints.
 
Audi A4 DTM, have you heard it?? it starts with a wirring sound then sounds like a lawn mower then sounds like a leafe blower before finally sounding like a V8 with a short exhaust pipe. It's very elaborate.

I really like the Shelby 350GT mustang start, beefy, puts hairs on your chest just listenning
 
I love this feature of the game. It adds to the immersiveness of the game.
 
Yeah these are pretty cool. I like the mclaren F1's sound.
I'm guessing these are actual recordings of the cars starting, as opposed to the audio we get while driving them which is digital/fake.

Shame, you would think pd could get them to rev a bit just to collect sound samples, I've heard better engine recordings over youtube than in GT5...
 
the formula GT sounds like a kazoo or someone buzzing their lips....
 
As the title says post the oddest start engine you've heard. Mine has to be the Nissan Fairlady 280z as it sounds like the engine isn't turning over.
You mean the 280ZL/ZX? (huge difference in body and power from the 280z). Anyways although I know it wouldn't I thought for a second that it was not going to start, but it did sound surprisingly accurate to a L28 once it did.
 
IMO, the Mustang sounds exactly like in real life.

Probably because they just recorded a Mustang starting up. Just like they would have done with every car.

Prius wins for me.............silence, lol.
 
Mazda 787B has the best starter sound. Period.
Sounds like it's cackling.

Still haven't been able to make it drift well :lol:
 
The Schwimwagen doesn't actually start. It just sort of coughs, dies... and... oops... screen exit. :D

When I first bought the car, I was wondering 'does this thing even have an engine?' :p.

Oh, and another odd one is the 240Z. That start up just sounds weak, when racing the engine sounds rather decent.
 
The Lotus espirit sounds like most old Lotuses starting - barely starts :D
 
OK8
The Lotus espirit sounds like most old Lotuses starting - barely starts :D

Just like the '74 Countach as mentioned earlyer :sly:
 
Back