List of cars that share the same engine sound?

United States
United States
I noticed the 1965 Nissan Silvia sounds the same as a VW New Beetle, and an Alfa Romeo Giulia (I think) sounded the same as a Mazda MX5. What are some other cars that share engine notes in this game?

Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car, Toyota GT-One, Daihatsu Midget '63 and the Daihatsu Midget II D-Type '98 all share the same vacuum sound.

Thank you! I knew there had to be some data out there about this. It’s just like how in the early Pokémon games, there were a lot of Pokémon that shared the same cries, only slightly modified in pitch.

After looking through that list, it looks like at least 10 other cars share the same engine sound file (20901) with the VW New Beetle. Why do I associate that sound so much with the New Beetle? Because as a kid I grew up playing GT3 and the first car you drive for the license test is a New Beetle. Plus I used to not have a memory card so I’d always have to start a new game. That sound has been burned into my brain and every time I hear another car with that sound it’s impossible not to notice.

And just as I suspected, the ‘65 Alfa Romeo Giulia shares the same engine sound with several 1990’s Mazda Miatas. Why a car from the 60’s should sound like a car from the 90’s, I don’t know. Ask Kaz or PD.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back