Odd start engine sounds for cars.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silver-Sylph
  • 72 comments
  • 6,661 views
The Mclaren F1 has actually startled me.

The Bluebird Rally Car is probably my personal favorite :)
 
The Minolta sounds the same as the Calsonic R34 (and maybe the R32, I think but I'm not sure)
 
The one that gives me wood is the '69 Camaro RM, sounds wicked driving too!
I just need to learn to drive it better. :(
They also sound soooo cool in action:D!
 
I don't think anyone was really complaining about the start up sounds, it's not something you normally get in games, it's a nice little feature.

Well then excuse me, but by now I've automatically come to assume everyone is constantly complaining. :D
 
There's one car that doesn't start on the first turn, might be the Jag E-Type, need to check but grinding a B-Spec championship currently
 
The Sauber C9 is my favourite.

The starter motor sounds like a machine gun!
 
Kind of a OT question, but the cars with external starters, what do they do if they stall out on the track?
 
Kind of a OT question, but the cars with external starters, what do they do if they stall out on the track?

Get out, push, run to get back in, pop clutch duh.

I noticed that the R34 Calasonic Skyline sounds exactly the same as the Nomad lambo on start up. At least to me.
 
The GT by Citroën Concept (the electric version) makes a very scary, almost alien-like sound when you start it, since this car is imaginary (the road version isn't ofcourse) PD probably chose/created something which would stand out in a unique (or funny) way I guess.
 
The Impala NASCARs sound way too quiet.

And don't forget the Prius!
 
I gotta say the 787B startup is the most amazing sound I have ever heard, it's such a shame it sound nothing like that in gameplay except for idle.
 
There are really some great starting sounds in the game...too bad they do not sound like this when driving.

But so far, the Raybrig JGTC-NSX sounds like a beast when it starts. Always produces goose bumps.
 
Back