Off Road in Horizon

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 50 comments
This doesn't even make any sense. where as adding all those extras including fake vents does #ref. NFS U2.

If you don't like this stuff, you don't have to buy it, just like in the real world. Judging by some peoples reactions to this stuff it's as if they lobbied in the past to have their local retailers shut down who sell the same stuff.

I think, with me anyway, that people feel that the disc space used for things like that could have been used for something more meaningful and whatnot. You cant have everything though. Even If those things are in there I would still give the game a try atleast, but that doesnt mean I'm not allowed to be disappointed and not like it.

This doesn't even make any sense. where as adding all those extras including fake vents does #ref. NFS U2.
That's why I said "what's next".
If you don't like this stuff, you don't have to buy it, just like in the real world. Judging by some peoples reactions to this stuff it's as if they lobbied in the past to have their local retailers shut down who sell the same stuff.
To be blunt, there is only so much you can cram into a game. The more bro-tastic content that I dislike gets added to the game, the less other stuff can be added before they're running out of disk space, manpower, time, budget. So, they've modelled neons? Yeah, great stuff, but in my eyes, a total waste of resources.

Dunno about you, but I'm not really going to buy a game that has a dozen features I dislike and that are going to get ignored, anyways.
Article is fake and full of ****. Fulton has already been quoted saying there is no weather.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Hands-On-Preview-–-The-Festival-of-Life.html

These guys must be playing a different game.
Thankfully, yes.

That's why I said "what's next".

Dunno about you, but I'm not really going to buy a game that has a dozen features I dislike and that are going to get ignored, anyways.

Yeah, I would. Because I know there is two big features that I love that out-weigh those little things by a 1/4 mile.

Open world + Forza Physics.

A bunch of silly upgrades are the least of my worries, if I thought like that I probably never would have bought into the whole forza series to begin with, there are a ton of upgrades and cars I'll never use "Taking up valuable disc space"

Heck, The campaign in BF3 is 50% of the game, and dev time most probably, I've played it once, and it only has one mission that's worth playing again (the jet one), doesn't stop it being one heck of a game which I've played for 120hrs and counting. I've had my moneys worth already and still loving it.

If you were bagging on the NFS U2 reference, there's a reason why that is the most loved NFS in recent history, because it reflected 'that' auto scene well, was fun and more importantly had what people wanted.

I get what you're saying though, "Because I don't like it, it shouldn't be included"

I read a developer quote recently, it said "you’re never going to create anything interesting by listening to what people think". I whole heartedly agree

A bunch of silly upgrades are the least of my worries, if I thought like that I probably never would have bought into the whole forza series to begin with, there are a ton of upgrades and cars I'll never use "Taking up valuable disc space"
Oh, I've used the "open world + Forza physics" bit myself in the past. But, so far, we've got more than just a "bunch silly upgrades" that I, personally, dislike quite a bit.

It starts with the setting and that sort of festival, then there's the "reputation point" system that rewards unclean driving and, if that stuff was true, we'd have these upgrades, too.
I get what you're saying though, "Because I don't like it, it shouldn't be included"
Well, what I am saying is a tad bit different. I'm saying that I won't buy a game that seems to be tailored to suit a crowd that I am not a part of.

[/COLOR]
Well, what I am saying is a tad bit different. I'm saying that I won't buy a game that seems to be tailored to suit a crowd that I am not a part of.

This is like saying 'I'm an FPS fan I won't consider buying Halo because I've never been in zero gravity environment, or don't like Sci-fi' even though the core mechanics make it a game not to miss for anyone serious about Xbox FPS games. Same could be said for B-spec mode in GT5.

Anyway your choice man.

The first time I saw Horizon, I got the TDU vibe. I loved the first TDU because it was the first open-world driving game I had ever played that wasn't catering to the street racing/tuner crowd. And while an argument could be made that Playground is going for the same demographic with Horizon, I get the sense that they aren't quite as close minded - seeing the Quattro quelled all of those fears.

Ironically, the off-road racing in TDU2 was the only thing I liked about that game. So if they can get that down, I'll be pretty happy. Right now I am looking forward to Most Wanted more, but there's a lot of time between now and October, and a lot of games to play.

This is like saying 'I'm an FPS fan I won't consider buying Halo because I've never been in zero gravity environment, or don't like Sci-fi' even though the core mechanics make it a game not to miss for anyone serious about Xbox FPS games. Same could be said for B-spec mode in GT5.

Anyway your choice man.

I actually enjoy FPS's but never got into Halo. It never was any good In my opinion. So I would have to say, right off the bat this analogy is useless. Its a big franchise but that doesnt mean it was good to everyone.

Thats like saying oh you like motorsports so you HAVE TO like Nascar. Not everyone does.

I dare say there'll be a ton of people playing this game that have come from Forza Motorsport. Maybe the majority, and they won't all turn into clubbers overnight. As long as it handles well I don't think the festival vibe will put me off. It didn't for DiRT 2.

I think this game can be played the way you want to. You can go at it solo or with your club friends etc. You want to road race, drag, drift, offroad, or just cruise around and have your own car show competions. What the game gives you its up to you how you want to play. Yes you will have the crazy young,old, stupid players who ram you for no reason or they have every mod on a car, to each his own.

I think, with me anyway, that people feel that the disc space used for things like that could have been used for something more meaningful and whatnot. You cant have everything though. Even If those things are in there I would still give the game a try atleast, but that doesnt mean I'm not allowed to be disappointed and not like it.

The amount of memory that customization stuff adds is so miniscule that it barely matters.

You know nothing of game design. It's not like they would've put more cars in had the customization not been there. Don't talk about things you don't know jack about.

The amount of memory that customization stuff adds is so miniscule that it barely matters.

You know nothing of game design. It's not like they would've put more cars in had the customization not been there. Don't talk about things you don't know jack about.

In what way did i ever mention that the things added took up alot of disk space? I simply said that it could have been used for something more meaningful. What if they add these options in, and have only a handful of rims to choose from, or didnt let you paint your car the color you want, or restricted the amount of visual customization that you are allowed to do to your car. I dont know about you but I'd rather have BETTER customization options than underglow and nos.

Either way my whole post was about adding better options then the ones that were mentioned in the article. Nothing about adding cars or anything like that. So get off that throne of yours and stop acting like such an ass.

Ok enough this is for off road in horizon not all the supposedly stupid stuff in horizon we don't even know if it is true so please just stop

To answer your question I'm excited for the off road but would've liked to have experienced snow and rain too.

I enjoyed the off road racing in TDU2 but it was not enough. Horizon needs to have different types of off road racing with certain classes and a good variety of off road vehicles.

I enjoyed the off road racing in TDU2 but it was not enough. Horizon needs to have different types of off road racing with certain classes and a good variety of off road vehicles.

I'm wondering if they are going to have certain tires you would have to purchase if you want to get the most out of the off road driving.

Anyway your choice man.
Well, no. It's like wanting to buy an FPS game only to find out that it's set in World War II, while being entirely fed up with WW2 FPS games.

Customization might not take up much disk space, but designing, modelling, texturizing modifications for 200 cars will require resources, read: Time and money. Some people might not be too happy to see resources devoted to that stuff.

So, uh, yeah, I suppose that you couldn't have used these resources to get, dunno, more cars into the game? Yeah, right. Please teach us more about game design, master.
I'm wondering if they are going to have certain tires you would have to purchase if you want to get the most out of the off road driving.
That would be nice indeed. Well, they could at least make sure that semi-slick tyres aren't going to work well for offroading, compared to "normal" tyres. But I seriously doubt that offroading will be such a big part of the game that offroad specific upgrades will be included.

Being that we have gas stations confirmed in game, anyone else looking forward to car washes? I think that would be a nice little touch, especially since off road driving is now included. I want to see these cars get dirty! And then clean them!

So this article has been going around, and I noticed it mentioned the Ford Raptor. We can assume then that at least a few of the trucks/SUVs have been carried over.

I'm still hoping for some truly rough terrain, but it sounds like dirt driving is a big part of the game. To count 65 surfaces excluding weather, there'll definitely be variety; the question is where they'll let us try to drive. :)

Back