Official Corvette Racing Association Version II

  • Thread starter Thread starter tigersharkdude
  • 61 comments
  • 3,395 views
Messages
1,713
Messages
tigersharkdude
CLOSED. MY INTERNET IS NOT THE BEST, AND TRYING TO HOST A RACE USUALLY DOESNT END WELL

Official Corvette Racing Association Version II
CRA-1.jpg

Vehicles

Sorry, but there are no more open spots in the leage

**Any Corvette you can obtain. Highly recommended that you use a RM'ed car.**

Modifications

**Any mods can be added. Their are no restrictions on parts, tires, or tuning abilities.**

Qualification Rules
  1. We will have a grid start. Those who are the fastest will start at the front.
  2. Qualifying will take place 30 minutes before the race starts.
  3. You can run as many laps as you'd like.
Race Rules
  1. No collisions!
  2. You can block racers, but make sure its a clean one and not too aggressive.
  3. If you wreck please stay out of the race line as best as you can while you try to recover.
  4. If you are being lapped, please try to race the leader as clean as possible. I do not believe in "you should let them go" stuff. You have every right to race them as hard as you can, but do it cleanly!
Point System
1. 100
2. 75
3. 50
4. 40
5. 35
6. 30
7. 25
8. 20
9. 15
10. 10
11. 5
12-16. 0

Race Tracks

1. Daytona Road Course--10 laps
2. Indy Road Course--?? laps
3. Laguna Seca--15 laps
4. High Speed Ring--15 laps
5. Deep Forest--15 laps
6. Top Gear Test Track--16 laps
7. Circuit De la Sarthe--??
8. Nurburgring Nordschleife--6 laps
(track list is subject to change)


Meeting times
FIRST RACE WILL BE SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27TH
Sundays at 7:30pm Central Standard Time. Please show up 30 minutes before the race to qualify.
I will post the room number here approximately 1 hour before the race starts
There will be 16 slots. You can choose any number you'd like if you can. When signing up please tell me your: Car, Number, and PSN


Racers
Below is the name of the racers, PSN ID, and their car (model, color, and number
NOTE: There can only be one of each color and number on the track. First come, first serve. Ex. If you join and someone else is already bright red and your car is bright red you will need to repaint your car.

  1. Tigersharkdude-C6 ZR1 RM-Midnight Purple III--#2
  2. D00msday--C6 ZR1 RM--Reflex Spice--#44
  3. Cgroh89-- -- --#1 (car and color needed)
  4. nick45502 (car, color, and number needed)
  5. Sephy71-C6 ZR1 RM-Yellow--#71
  6. badbutch06-C6 ZR1 RM-Black/White---#7
  7. Glennm27-C6 ZR1 RM-Victory Red--#27
  8. SummitBalt08-C6 ZR1 RM- --#94
  9. GTP_mike46an2-C6 ZR1 RM-white--#33
  10. WarDamnEagle53-C6 ZR1 RM--Blue--#53
Series Points Standings
I have made a google document, and the information can be found there
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...XdXLW5DOXN6SkZ6NGlIeWc&hl=en&authkey=CKXsvIMK​
 
Last edited:
I do have a suggestion, why not race at Indy Road and Laguna Seca? And if you need anyone, I can be the Pace Car and/or official. I also think you're off to a good start, but you need to make it a little more American based around the car, but that's up to you.
 
I do have a suggestion, why not race at Indy Road and Laguna Seca? And if you need anyone, I can be the Pace Car and/or official. I also think you're off to a good start, but you need to make it a little more American based around the car, but that's up to you.

Another dude had made a series thread, but he flaked. So I made a new thread, and organized everything better. We wont need a pacecar, I am def. open to suggestions on track changes
 
Then I would seriously recommend Indy Road and/or oval and Laguna, and I would suggest you drop TG, I think the Vette, based on personal driving experience, would be better on those two tracks then TG.
 
Im in again, but of course for the last try I will be out of town this Sunday lol. I think everyone should get a race off to try to level it out.

#1 as always. I think I may repaint my car today or try to do some laps in the c5-r vs the zr1 to see which is faster

I agree with dropping Top Gear track. People hitting n stuff

Also on your google doc you have 1st place as 10 points
 
I'm in as well, but I can't do Sundays, I work, I will help organize though
 
suggestion on track change?

C6 RM is faster than C5R

EDIT: Raceday is open to change BUT can not be friday or saturday night


Also on your google doc you have 1st place as 10 points ---fixed
 
How would ya'll feel about the first 4 tracks being American tracks, and the last 4 being Euro tracks?
 
I'm still in.



I'll be #44.

PSN
<




Car: ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Color: Reflex Spice (when no limitation to the type of Vette)
 
The track list layout has my approval, because the C6 races on both continents, as for the day and time of day, I will get back to you on that because it will be when my league isn't running.
 
changed the track list up

first 3 course are US, then 2 GT courses, then the last 3 are Euro
 
I'm interested but are you running on all the tracks in the same evening or just one per week?

Butch
 
I'd like to do this with you guys if you don't mind a newbie. I am very new to racing AND gaming. I got the PS3 & GT5 for Christmas and it's my first game machne ever so I AM pretty green...

I understand racing, know the rules and track etiquette so I won't be in anyones way if running slower.

If you guys don't mind a rookie, I'll buy a Corvette and submit my car color & number. Let me know.

Glenn
 
I'm trying to find someone to trade with me so I can get an C6 RM. I hope I can get one.. I have a c6 stock right now..
 
I'm trying to find someone to trade with me so I can get an C6 RM. I hope I can get one.. I have a c6 stock right now..

Don't you just take your Stock C6 and R/M it yourself??

I could be wrong but that's my understanding.
 
Don't you just take your Stock C6 and R/M it yourself??

I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

I thought they were using special vettes yes I can upgrade the stock one myself.. How do you get numbers on them? Butch
 
you take a C6 Z06 or ZR1, go to GT Auto and race modify is the far right icon
 
numbers--find the car in your garage and there will be a number icon but the sale icon
 
I'll give it a go!


Sephy71-C6 ZR1 RM-Yellow--#71
 
White and black #7 c6 zr1 rm
 
Last edited:
Please add me to the list:

PSN ID: Glennm27
Car: C6 ZR1 R/M
Color: Victory Red
Car #: 27
 
I absolutely hate the Fuji tracks, I would rather do 100 laps at autumn ring many, rather than 15 laps at Fuji

also everyone has been added to the list. Racing will begin next week.

Time is staying the same at 7:30pm CST

The day is open to suggestion, but if nothing is agreed upon by this sunday, then the first race will be Feb 27th
 
I need to do it during the week, can't do it on sundays
 
Back