Official GranTracker Thread

GrumpyOldMan

Premium
United States
Southern California
dagware
Just released v3.1.0. Check out the website for update details: https://www.grantracker.com/downloads.html

NOTE: If you have problems importing a screenshot, please see the FAQ. (I'll be adding more entries as people encounter problems.)

----

I've been working on this for many months, and I finally decided to release it, knowing that nothing is ever really completed.

GranTracker A new free Windows/Mac application for tracking your DR and SR. Here's a screenshot:

splash-image.png

Check out the website: https://grantracker.com/. It'll probably (hopefully) answer an initial questions.

Early adopters are guaranteed to have issues we have to work through, so let me know what works, doesn't work, is spelled wrong, whatever. And what I need to document.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Same with the Mac file.
The first .zip expands into a folder containing a readme and another .zip that seems to be corrupted

Last edited:
OK, it's working now. I had something configured wrong on the server.
I don't appreciate that comment. I've written over 19,000 lines of code for this project, and spent virtually every day for the past half-year working on it. If you don't like it, fine. But don't throw those words around so freely - just the hint of something like that can destroy everything I've worked so hard for.

OK, it's working now. I had something configured wrong on the server.

I don't appreciate that comment. I've written over 19,000 lines of code for this project, and spent virtually every day for the past half-year working on it. If you don't like it, fine. But don't throw those words around so freely - just the hint of something like that can destroy everything I've worked so hard for.

Well, while your dedication is truly something to behold (I sincerely mean this), I will reluctantly hesitate to use it, until I see some credible people using it.

Sorry. It is…. The interwebz after all

This looks really cool, well done!

To answer a question on the site:
  • I’m still not clear on what qualifies as a “Road Car”, so some of these cars are probably classified incorrectly. Fortunately, you can easily bulk change them in the “Edit Cars” screen.
If you select your garage by "Car Type", you can see all the cars the game classifies as "Road Car" (versus "Racing Car", "Professionally Tuned", and "Concept Car").

Well, while your dedication is truly something to behold (I sincerely mean this), I will reluctantly hesitate to use it, until I see some credible people using it.

Sorry. It is…. The interwebz after all
I totally, 100% understand that.
If you select your garage by "Car Type", you can see all the cars the game classifies as "Road Car" (versus "Racing Car", "Professionally Tuned", and "Concept Car").
That's awesome, thanks!

I'm at work right now so can't give it a go just yet, but shall download this and take a look later.

Can this track GTWS races or just dailies? Going by the screenshots it looks like dailies only. I'm getting the impression it would be possible to add GTWS race details in though instead of the actual daily A/B/C details?

I totally, 100% understand that.

That's awesome, thanks!

Shouldn’t be hard for your product to gain traction. Kireth is always in search of a new, click-baity GT7 video topic. And once he makes a video, others will follow. Kie’s always complaining about not knowing his DR/sr.

If anything, there is definitely a void ti be filled that Kudos Prime left.

Where you at in Southern California?

I'm at work right now so can't give it a go just yet, but shall download this and take a look later.

Can this track GTWS races or just dailies? Going by the screenshots it looks like dailies only. I'm getting the impression it would be possible to add GTWS race details in though instead of the actual daily A/B/C details?
Not currently. If there's enough interest, maybe in the future.
Kireth is always in search of a new, click-baity GT7 video topic. And once he makes a video, others will follow. Kie’s always complaining about not knowing his DR/sr.
Awesome. Hopefully he'll notice.

Learning to code myself @ almost 50. I have intermediate experience with python and Java, basic experience with Django, JavaScript, C++ & C#. I can always use more experience to learn in case you would like help outsourcing any upgrades you don’t wish to work on yourself as well as add more languages and tools to my repertoire for it to be mutually beneficial.

After using it a bit this morning Great work! A great tool that not only helps track progress but make’s getting involved in improving your times as well!

Learning to code myself @ almost 50. I have intermediate experience with python and Java, basic experience with Django, JavaScript, C++ & C#. I can always use more experience to learn in case you would like help outsourcing any upgrades you don’t wish to work on yourself as well as add more languages and tools to my repertoire for it to be mutually beneficial.

After using it a bit this morning Great work! A great tool that not only helps track progress but make’s getting involved in improving your times as well!
Thanks! I'm 66, but I've been programming since I was in high school, believe it or not. I'm not sure how much help you could give me right now, but I'll keep it in mind, and thanks for the offer!

By the way, the application is written mostly in JavaScript, using the Electron framework. The line chart is from Google. And the tables are from an awesome package called Tabulator.

The website is hosted (for free) on GitHub Pages, built using Jekyll. The zip files are hosted on GitHub also, using their LFS support (Large File System). This is the part I configured wrong, because it is NOT obvious how to get it to work right with binary files.

Not currently. If there's enough interest, maybe in the future.

Awesome. Hopefully he'll notice.
EDIT: I figured out the screenshot part. It's basically the same as Kudosprime with that I see.

The app looks AWESOME to me, great work!!! My only question is, how does it measure SR? I'm not seeing any sort of quantifiable number to it, so I'm not sure what it is showing me that the screenshot on my Player Profile in the game isn't already showing?

I ask because last night I ran 6 races at the Daily B and my SR went down from an S to an A, but I had literally ZERO penalties from contact with drivers as well as ZERO from any sort of track limit/wall hits, so I'm unclear on why it went down/how close I am to getting back to S.

And lastly, do I need to be taking a screenshot and uploading in between every single race in order to be taking full advantage of your app? I would imagine the answer is yes, but as someone who sits in a rig in my basement while my PC is upstairs that is not the best method to get instant feedback between races, but again I recognize that is a me problem :-)

Again, great work with this!

Last edited:
EDIT: I figured out the screenshot part. It's basically the same as Kudosprime with that I see.
Yep, that's right.
The app looks AWESOME to me, great work!!!
Thanks! That means a lot.
My only question is, how does it measure SR? I'm not seeing any sort of quantifiable number to it, so I'm not sure what it is showing me that the screenshot on my Player Profile in the game isn't already showing?
There's no progress bar for SR, so no way to measure its progress, other than letter changes.
And lastly, do I need to be taking a screenshot and uploading in between every single race in order to be taking full advantage of your app? I would imagine the answer is yes, but as someone who sits in a rig in my basement while my PC is upstairs that is not the best method to get instant feedback between races, but again I recognize that is a me problem :-)
Just take the screenshot after each race, and write down other things you want to add, like starting/ending position, car, etc. Then you can save all of the images to a USB drive and add them one at a time at your computer.

Some notes:

1. If you accidentally leave older screenshots on the USB drive, no worries - the program will tell you that you've already imported the screenshot.
  2. You can import them in any order you want. However, if you import them out of order, the grid won't color code things correctly until you import the last one.
  3. So I recommend importing them from top to bottom, assuming Finder or File Explorer is sorted by file name.
  4. It's kind of a drag when you forget to mark down the starting/ending positions, but take your best guess. It doesn't affect anything other than the color-coding in the table.

NOTE: I need to document this somewhere, but be aware that your DR/SR doesn't get updated until the race is over. So if you quit a game (or get kicked out due to network issues), wait until you think the race is over before taking the screenshot.
Again, great work with this!
:D

Last edited:
Sorry, I think I broke it. 😅

In keeping with my question above about GTWS, I tried editing the most recent daily race A in the list to have the settings from last night's GTWS race. That worked without problem.

However, when I then went to import the DR/SR screenshot from my profile and set up the results, I found I would get an error if I clicked the drop-down to select the Gr.4 car I used in the race. No screenshot I'm afraid, didn't think to take one. I eventually decided to try saving the race with no car selected and that caused a different error.

Now whenever I try opening the app, I get this:

1686246976701.png

Yep, that's right.

Thanks! That means a lot.

There's no progress bar for SR, so no way to measure its progress, other than letter changes.
OK, that's a bummer, but I realize that you did the best you could with what you had and made something awesome. I wonder why PD decided not to have a progress bar for that but does have one for DR.

This is my first GT game since like GT3 on the PS2, did they ever have a quantifiable # for SR you could see/track?
Just take the screenshot after each race, and write down other things you want to add, like starting/ending position, car, etc. Then you can save all of the images to a USB drive and add them one at a time at your computer.

Some notes:

1. If you accidentally leave older screenshots on the USB drive, no worries - the program will tell you that you've already imported the screenshot.
  2. You can import them in any order you want. However, if you import them out of order, the grid won't color code things correctly until you import the last one.
  3. So I recommend importing them from top to bottom, assuming Finder or File Explorer is sorted by file name.
  4. It's kind of a drag when you forget to mark down the starting/ending positions, but take your best guess. It doesn't affect anything other than the color-coding in the table.

Nice, sounds like a plan. I actually saved the screenshot then downloaded it from my PSApp and got it to upload to your app from there. I imagine I just do it in proper order and that should work great!
NOTE: I need to document this somewhere, but be aware that your DR/SR doesn't get updated until the race is over. So if you quit a game (or get kicked out due to network issues), wait until you think the race is over before taking the screenshot.

:D
Mama didn't raise no quitter! So thankfully this won't be an issue for me but yea :-)

Sorry, I think I broke it. 😅
I'm not surprised, so no worries. There's a lot of ways we can go about trying to fix this. It depends on how much effort you want to expend, and how desperate you are to keep the data you've already entered.

If you're willing to help me figure out the problem, then follow these steps:

1) Find the folder where you told GranTracker to install the data. It's going to have the folder name "GranTracker".
2) Copy the folder to another folder.
3) In the copied folder, delete the "tracks" sub-folder.
4) Zip the copied folder, and post it here. If you deleted the Tracks folder, it'll be pretty small.

Then you can either wait for me to fix it (and I can fix the data files pretty quickly), or do the following.

If you don't want to wait for me to fix your data, then just delete the Data folder, and re-run GranTracker. It'll recreate it with the original files.

I hope that makes sense.

I started to mess around with app and I really like its look.
I have a problem with pictures upload, I tried couple of them but it says they are not recognized as valid pictures.
They should be the same I used in kudosprime.
Is the app accepting also non English language PS4 screenshots?

I like the additional info you put in the table, most of them i'm tracking in a creepy xls from mine.
If I may suggest i'd like to see also couple of checkbox for clean race [edit: I just realized what crb means.. apologize for not understanding it sooner], pole, top5.
If you are looking for a polite answer, just say that the moment I will need they will be there. This will give you couple of months to allow me to forget my request 😉

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, so no worries. There's a lot of ways we can go about trying to fix this. It depends on how much effort you want to expend, and how desperate you are to keep the data you've already entered.

If you're willing to help me figure out the problem, then follow these steps:

1) Find the folder where you told GranTracker to install the data. It's going to have the folder name "GranTracker".
2) Copy the folder to another folder.
3) In the copied folder, delete the "tracks" sub-folder.
4) Zip the copied folder, and post it here. If you deleted the Tracks folder, it'll be pretty small.

Then you can either wait for me to fix it (and I can fix the data files pretty quickly), or do the following.

If you don't want to wait for me to fix your data, then just delete the Data folder, and re-run GranTracker. It'll recreate it with the original files.

I hope that makes sense.
Not fussed at all about keeping the data, so don't spend any time on my account. I was more just thinking that since I accidentally broke it doing something that seemed normal, I could potentially help you with a bug report in case someone else ends up doing something similar. 👍

Please see attached. :)

Attachments

• GranTracker.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
Not fussed at all about keeping the data, so don't spend any time on my account. I was more just thinking that since I accidentally broke it doing something that seemed normal, I could potentially help you with a bug report in case someone else ends up doing something similar. 👍
Thanks - that's exactly what I was hoping for.

And holy crap, was that a stupid mistake on my part. It has nothing to do with what you did. The problem is that you don't have a daily race week set up for this week. The program shouldn't have let you add a race for today, since you didn't have a race week set up. My bad. My very, very bad.

I'll be pushing out a fix for that ASAP.

In the meantime, here's what you can do to get back to running:

In the data folder, in the user sub-folder, there's a file named "userRaces.zorzil.json". Open that file with a text editor (notepad, whatever), and delete the lines I've highlighted here:

1686253819324.png

Save the file, and make sure the file name didn't change - some text editors want to add ".txt" to the end of the file name.

Once you've done that, you should be able to run the program again.

The next thing you should do is go to the "Edit Race Weeks" tab and click the "Add New Race Week" button, then fill out the races.

Let me know if this gets you back up and running, while I'll be scurrying around to fix this.

Thanks for your help!!!

PS: Your idea of using one of the race letters for a GTWS event is perfectly fine, and a good way to handle it until (if) I ever come up with a better solution. This problem had nothing to do with what you did there.

Let me know if you need more help. Thanks again.

zjn
I started to mess around with app and I really like its look.
I have a problem with pictures upload, I tried couple of them but it says they are not recognized as valid pictures.
They should be the same I used in kudosprime.
Is the app accepting also non English language PS4 screenshots?
Well now, that's something I didn't consider. If you could zip a screenshot file and upload it here, and let me know what language it is, I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure the OCR package I'm using supports multiple languages - I just have to figure out how to use that part of it.

There is a "clean race" checkbox - that's what "CRB" is. As for the others, the color-coding at least shows you which ones are first place.

Well now, that's something I didn't consider. If you could zip a screenshot file and upload it here, and let me know what language it is, I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure the OCR package I'm using supports multiple languages - I just have to figure out how to use that part of it.

There is a "clean race" checkbox - that's what "CRB" is. As for the others, the color-coding at least shows you which ones are first place.
Thanks for your replay. I don't have my pc in hand right now. Will post asap. I don't know what's behind the scenes, but maybe the issue has just to do with picture resolution/dimension, more than to language.

About clean race... I had a flash of neuronal activity just before your replay, after trying to search for illuminati meanings to crb...

Back