Official GranTracker Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter GrumpyOldMan
  • 555 comments
  • 73,313 views
Thank you for your work, the application is really handy!
One thing I was wondering about is if you considered adding cars & GTWS races as the data updates in the future?
 
You're quite welcome. You can track GTWS races by following the tips here: https://www.grantracker.com/doc_tips.html. As for cars, you can add them yourself pretty easily.
Sure, I've been doing exactly that for some time already. I was just wondering whether you are planning to include it as part of the data updates as you did the same thing with the daily races previously.
 
I was just wondering whether you are planning to include it as part of the data updates as you did the same thing with the daily races previously.
I considered the idea, but there were enough potential issues that I just decided it wasn't worth it.
 
Data Updates for week 2024-11 are now available

NOTE: If you get an error or don't see the Data Updates are Available button, close GranTracker and open it again, and see if that solves the problem.
 
I just want to thank you for this very helpful piece of software.
 
Last edited:
Data Updates for week 2024-12 are now available
 
Last edited:
For this update it erased all of my Manufactures (M#-#) and Nations (N#-#) race entries for the previous\current weeks. Does the race week data get replaced during each new release?

I think I am missing some cars too.

Edit: Recovery using the backup files worked. I had to go back and use yesterday's backup but it worked perfectly.
 
Last edited:
For this update it erased all of my Manufactures (M#-#) and Nations (N#-#) race entries for the previous\current weeks. Does the race week data get replaced during each new release?

I think I am missing some cars too.

Edit: Recovery using the backup files worked. I had to go back and use yesterday's backup but it worked perfectly.
Well that totally sucks!! PM me with your backup zip (so I can try installing the update to see what happens), and I'll look into it.

EDIT: I've removed version 3.1.0 from the website until I resolve this issue.
 
Last edited:
Well that totally sucks!! PM me with your backup zip (so I can try installing the update to see what happens), and I'll look into it.

EDIT: I've removed version 3.1.0 from the website until I resolve this issue.
I am not sure that is needed, probably something I goofed up on but the backup option works like a champ AND everything appears to back to normal.

I did send you (via the website email) 2 jpg files of what I see and the backup I used to recover with. If you need anything else just drop me a line.

This is still an awesome program!!!
 
I am not sure that is needed, probably something I goofed up on but the backup option works like a champ AND everything appears to back to normal.
No, it wasn't anything you did. Thanks for the files, and I'll have this fixed soon (for everyone else).
 

GranTracker v3.1.1 has just been released.​

Get it here: https://www.grantracker.com/downloads.html

NOTE for anyone who downloaded v3.1.0:

DO NOT INSTALL this new version until I tell you to, or if you're not worried about lost data.

If you installed version 3.1.0, you probably lost some data - NOT your races, but new cars you’ve added, and any Race Week Custom Races (for an example, see Adding Manufacturers Cups Races ) you might have added.

Again, you shouldn’t have lost any race results.

If this is you, please contact me via GranTracker's Help->Email Support. I’ll help you fix the files.
 
I wonder how long this text has been showing in this message? I only just now noticed. I'll fix it in a later release, not that it really matters.

1711309514610.png
 
Data Updates for week 2024-13 are now available
 
That's great news! I have no idea how to access it, but I'll figure something out, I hope.
 
Data Updates for week 2024-14 are now available

For Daily Race B, I didn't bother entering all the specified cars - I just left it at Gr.3. The only thing entering the specified cars would accomplish is to filter the selection in the cars pick list, but it really doesn't matter what car you enter, as far as GranTracker is concerned.
 
Data Updates for week 2024-15 are now available
 
Hey @GrumpyOldMan, I am getting this error when trying to save changes after adding a car.
Not sure what is causing this one.
grantracker_error.png
 
Hey @GrumpyOldMan, I am getting this error when trying to save changes after adding a car.
Not sure what is causing this one.
View attachment 1351112
That is definitely a strange one. Can you email me with your most recent backup zip file? You can find it by clicking the "Menu" dropdown, and selecting "Open Backups Folder". To email it, click the "Menu" dropdown and select "Email Support". Don't forget to attach the file.

Thanks.
 
Here's another bug report for you
Code:
App Version: 3.1.1

message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getRows')
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27

Stack Trace:
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27

It happens fairly repeatably after I've manually added an extra race or two. It doesn't happen when I add the races, it happens when I import a result from a screenshot for one the added races. The good news is when I restart I find the import has worked and every thing is okay.
 
Here's another bug report for you
Code:
App Version: 3.1.1

message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getRows')
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27

Stack Trace:
at file:///C:/tools/GranTracker/resources/app/src/renderer/ui/tabulatorTableHelper.js:1057:27

It happens fairly repeatably after I've manually added an extra race or two. It doesn't happen when I add the races, it happens when I import a result from a screenshot for one the added races. The good news is when I restart I find the import has worked and every thing is okay.
What do you mean by "manually added a race".
 
Back