Official GTP Weekly Race Series. Register now! -

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 416 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Welcome to GTP's Official Weekly Race Series for GT3.

It's the dawn of a new type of OLR series here at GTP. One that is geared towards having all skill levels, (whether your a seasoned veteran or just in the beginning stages of your GT career), to be competitive.

The series will be divided into 3 skill categories.

Division 1
Division 2
Division 3

The category that you will be racing in depends on how you do in the initial registration race and how you are doing in the weekly races. If you are tearing up the tracks, you will be able to move up into the next race category and pit your skills against the big boy's (and girls ;) )

The weekly races will be a variety of cars and tracks. Some will be only 1 lap races, know as "Hot Laps." Others will consist of longer races and some will involve the AI cars. Some will have arcade cars and others will have simulation cars that are tuneable.
If you have any ideas for a weekly race, send your suggestion to me via PM. But the premise will to run some shorter races as many of us here have limited time to play.

The race schedule is planned to run from Tuesday to Monday, that will allow you to have your weekends to run your race.

To register and get placed into your initial racer category, all you need to do is this one simple race. :) And once you have registered, you may participate in as many or as few of the weekly races as you wish. There is no deadline for the race registration. It will remain open indefinately to allow new racers to join at any time.

The car: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII GSR Arcade mode car only.

The track: Midfield

All you have to do is run your EVO in Arcade mode "Free Run" and using the "Racing" option (not DRIFT), record and send me your fastest 1 lap time.

Send me your time via PM. Do not post your times here in this thread.

Standard On-line Racing Rules apply:

You must drive with the intention of running a clean race as we are working on the honor system. Sharkport/Xport is not a requirement to run in the weekly race series.

1. You must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. The rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall riding or touching.
4. No cutting the grass or short cutting.
5. No hybrids
6. No cheating of any kind. :mad:

Make sure and save the races that you participate in to your memory card. If there are any time discrepancies, you will be asked to provide further information.
But let's keep it clean and honest and have some fun! :)

Those of you out there that do have Sharkports or Xports are encouraged to post your replays on the race due date, but this is not required. It would be nice to have the other racers be able to view and possibly learn from your replays and gain some new insight.
Another benefit to those that have a Sharkport/Xport is that I will try to post up a downloadable garage each race, both in PAL and NTSC versions so that if you don't have a particular car in your garage, you can easily get it from the download.

I'd like to also state that having fun is our biggest aspect. Respect your fellow racers as flaming will not be tolerated in the series at all. We should all be able to encourage and teach each other to become a better racer!

Let's have some fun and I hope to see alot of you at the track!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Currently registerd drivers

In no particular order:

Mr. P
Wastegate
Mr. Holland
Dodge the Viper
MidusGT
UB57
IDAFC21
duo17
Monouk
y2krazy
VdrSain
Bollocks#999
Punk Rock
pedrodaman
Der Alta
Carbonfiber Man
Meeekael
GoKents
neon_duke
Robin
Lotus350
daan
Talentless
mark2080
youth_cycler
boombexus
Cobraboy
HRT_Maloo
Prancing Horse
viper_maniac
Miata 13B
Monouk
Frustrated Palm
supra229
SandStorm
akindness
Max E.
quattro_bro
sobegod00
TingBoy
HondaMan
Luxy
MajiiK
Red Eye Racer
stevo357
Phaeton
Quicksilver1122
Auto_1
Twiddles
Dubs
Small_Fryz
gillt\/\/ill3
davidjee
WSSSUP
cobraking13
bondy_1625
LVT Racing
Thio
Cano
illegal
Ducati
Boomer@111
Oliver DePlace
Hugh Jeers
Pippen
zer0h
Arwin
duane_ky
Flirbizky
qjasonp
McLarenRacerF1
Venom77
El_Hefe69
Griffin
BigJamesGTI
makaveli2k3
GTJugend
Stoffy69
Tomski
Nelsy
Omega Star
eddieturner2002
cinjin8
AreaZeroOne
Super-Supra
FireEmblem62
Speedy Shadnic
wana b drifter
BEPM
Sphinx
missing link
kakkarot36
Olliey2k
Speeddrifter04
Silverpuyo
gearbrain
95SLPZ28
Byatch
Metz
Fujiwara Tofu
Lacrema
Capn' Geech
Jpec07
Zboost
Turbo Rotary
dub_c_
Sough
graveltrap
michael k
ajmilesno1
kragbees
speedy_samurai
GT3mich
NSZero
eggmann
SKYLINE
GTLover
HunterKiller
DSMAZDAGTR
goeat
Ellegance
Conawaggle
jjnoye
True n00bie
HeinrichII
Drifterboy77
03AztecspecV
Sailinghome
-Spool-
sn00pie
Glut
GBR
synth61
codered_59
Redline Fox
Zrow
ThE_fOnZ_0769
Pupik
proracer
Spin Bad
Goomba
rollazn
RedlineRooster
Naet
Famine
TehBorderican
ving
Drifta
scuderia229
Ozone_GTX
Ev0
RVDNut374
Rolfje
Herman
DQuaN
Nitro_2003
Sonic_gt

I looked for the words shark port not required. Good. now to read the rest of this.

Count me in. I have a bit of an OLR hangover at the moment, but I want to get seeded and be able to participate. I'll try to give you a time this weekend.

Thanks for organizing this!

I'm a bit rusty, sounds like a fun little challenge. Count me in!

Boom I'm very interested. However, my PS2 is not reliably reading my Copy of GT3.
If I can convice the Boss that I have to have either a new copy of GT3, A new PS2. (cause it only reads a few games reliably) or BOTH :D, I'm in. My skills are on the wane and this would get me back up to snuff.

There is a Edit to the first post just to clarify that there is no deadline for race registration.

Glad to see you all here and eagre to race!
Alex and Duke, I knew I could count on the both of ya! ;)
Gil, you better let your "Boss" know that you intend on getting a new PS2 whether she likes it or not! :D

Can we err...discuss T2 times?

Oh yeh, i'm in.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Can we err...discuss T2 times?

Oh yeh, i'm in.

Glad to have you D the V. ;)

Since this is only the registration period, discussion of times isn't really important. I would prefer that no times be discussed. When the weekly series gets underway, discussing T2 times will be the prefered method of times discussion.

If I'm going to get better, I should start practicing. I'm in, anyone want to bet that I'll be in beginner?

OA

PS: "1 lap" means I can only do 1 lap and that is the time I get?

Omar:

Unless the rules say otherwise, '1 lap' usually means that you run as long as you wish, and turn in your fastest clean lap time. Clean meaning what Boom described above.

Good luck and have fun!

When is the deadline for submitting the intial registartion race times? Monday at Midnight?

For this race there isn't one.

" There is no deadline for the race registration. It will remain open indefinately to allow new racers to join at any time. "-boombexus

OA

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
When is the deadline for submitting the intial registartion race times? Monday at Midnight?

Welcome to GTP CarbonFiber Man. 👍
There is no deadline for race registration.

And to answer your question above, "T2" times or, Sector 2 times are the split times you will see while watching a race replay. Usually T2 times are discussed to give an estimate on how you are doing against the rest of the racers but not giving away your total race time.

PS: "1 lap" means I can only do 1 lap and that is the time I get?

Hey Omar,
Duke is correct. Run as many laps as you need to, to get your single fastest lap time.

OK, thanks for the info. I'll have my time in by Monday so I get get started with the first race (I'm assuming your going to start races next Monday?). Iv'e been playing Gran Turismo ever since the original come out several years ago and completed them all with out cheating...I'll be interesting to see how I compare with some of the so - called 'Hotshots'.

So can we post some split times in this thread? (Just curious)

I happily decline. Although I might have to run some races if the cars interest me but not turn in a time due to my supposed retirement from this ****

Originally posted by boombexus
To register and get placed into your initial racer category, all you need to do is this one simple race. :) And once you have registered, you may participate in as many or as few of the weekly races as you wish. There is no deadline for the race registration. It will remain open indefinately to allow new racers to join at any time.

Bollocks, I'm guessing that this is the answer to your question, and I think I'll be able to take part in this, so I'll see what I can do to get some racing in...;)

See y'all on the track(hopefully)!!

~y2k~

Originally posted by boombexus
There is a Edit to the first post just to clarify that there is no deadline for race registration.

Glad to see you all here and eagre to race!
Alex and Duke, I knew I could count on the both of ya! ;)
Gil, you better let your "Boss" know that you intend on getting a new PS2 whether she likes it or not! :D
Boom,
Are you trying to get a brutha killed?:lol:
One of the guys has a futsal tourney, The oldest is checking out colleges, Tuition has been raised on the college level classes my 2nd is taking...

I know, excuses are like a****. Everyone has one. Nobody needs to see or hear it.
Maybe a few extra over time hrs.:P

Hmm, what is the definition of 1 lap race. Is that in arcade where as soon as you start and cross the start/finish line and you return again and cross the line again? Or is there a warm up lap before your 'timed' lap begins?

Back