Official GTP_Race Event 01 (SpecIII: Closed)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 758 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx

4imIxboUv-XzCu+f3QkmhLRxdsWJoxSk02DF.jpg

:: GTP_Race Event 01 ::

:: Stage One ::

HB35+MUqEoNFExrVc+mBfvvcZr3I7kk40139.jpg

:: Art Morrison Corvette '60 ::

8c20tqSggvPF4CuzkvSZUOnPzK2sh5tbAr4Yv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

:: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course ::

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Events > Class: S > S4
  • Game Spec: SpecII or SpecIII or both (see deadline for each)
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course
  • Make: American > Art Morrison
  • Model: Art Morrison Corvette '60
  • Laps: 3

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: Game Defined
  • Performance Points: Optional
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:

• Yellow Rumbles are part of the track
  • Where white and yellow lines are placed along the edge of the track determine the boundry of the track. There are however some areas where this is not the case, therefore, please use common sense to determine the boundary in these areas. However, if common sense fails then ask in the discussion thread. The excuse that you didn't know is not good enough at this level.
  • 100% clean, no AI touches whatsoever
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • Your run must be done using your GTP_Tag

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):
  • Total race time
  • No lap 1 times
  • any information which can be used to infer a lap time for lap 1

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:
  • Total time for Laps 2 & 3
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.

When posting times in order for them to be added to the Leaderboard, please ensure you specify which Game Spec (SpecII or SpecIII) was used. Failure to do so will result in your times being ignored and therefore not added to the leaderboard.

It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Sandbagging is frowned upon:
Downplay one's ability (towards others) in a game in order to deceive.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_Race 01 Submission (Spec???)) to me (Sphinx):

• You can submit a run for either SpecII or SpecIII, or both.
  • you can submit only once per Game Spec
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag, Game Spec and final race time
  • the deadline for SpecII is Monday 6th October 11.59pm GMT
  • the deadline for SpecIII is Monday 13th October 11.59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after your time has been submitted:

• all gold times (if any) each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of time submission
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Last edited:
This is going to be fun!:cheers:
Was just thinking,if the Al car hits me is that considered a dirty run?

Last edited:
wow, that is one hard event!
100% clean race... i just tried some laps but it will be a really big task for everyone to submit a clean race... as the AI likes to crash right into you because the morrison has sloppy brakes so their braking point is much later!

is it also required to finish 1st or is that optional too?

wow, that is one hard event!
100% clean race... i just tried some laps but it will be a really big task for everyone to submit a clean race... as the AI likes to crash right into you because the morrison has sloppy brakes so their braking point is much later!

is it also required to finish 1st or is that optional too?

Just do the best you can. 👍

Add a bit of TC and it'll be easy to get a clean race. 👍

I just had a couple of attempts and got a 100% clean race on my 2nd attempt .. it isn't that hard tbh! yes I agree the brakes are not that clever, but with early braking and some easy throttle control to get around the turns it's sweet and the AI are easily passed when you get off the inside part of the track :) Yep add a bit of TCS ;)

Sweet combo Sphinx 👍 ... Good luck to all taking part :cheers:

Was just thinking,if the Al car hits me is that considered a dirty run?

Yes.

Edit:

Sweet combo Sphinx 👍

Cheers. 👍

This combo isn't as hard as it looks. It has been designed for enjoyment more than anything. Put in a small amount of time into the combo and you'll see what I mean soon enough. 👍

Last edited:
What a dog of a car, i love it :crazy: Hope people share some tunes.

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way. I have a few prizes to give away. I'll post them up as soon as I can.

If you're into GT memorabilia, then stay tuned. :sly:

This is going to be like taking Candy away from a baby :sly:. I drove this car the other night online and it was so much FUN :lol:.

Are there any rules concerning clutch use and in race tuning?

Ah yes, allow me to update the first post and I'll get back to you. 👍

Updated:
  • G25 Clutch is prohibited
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional

Last edited:
Great combo Sphinx had a couple of quick goes huge fun. 👍

No way I'll be up there with the best but i'll have fun trying..

:cool:to:cool:Very likable. Nice variation to previous qualifer.
Does the result of this change our standings immediately or will a number of results eventually determine our position when private rooms occur?

:)Either way I'm lovin'it.👍

Yes, that would be nice to know, what are the limits (formula) for demoting or promoting?

Higligted, splling error:

DIvsion 1: One driver qualifies from each section (1 x Gold, 1 x Silver & 1 x Bronze)

:)

Yes, that would be nice to know, what are the limits (formula) for demoting or promoting?

Higligted, splling error:

DIvsion 1: One driver qualifies from each section (1 x Gold, 1 x Silver & 1 x Bronze)

:)
From what I remember in a previous post, this won't affect your status in the divisions. And as Sphinx says it is optional for registered member, I'd assume its a 'fun' event ?
I stand to be corrected of course.

From what I remember in a previous post, this won't affect your status in the divisions. And as Sphinx says it is optional for registered member, I'd assume its a 'fun' event ?

ok, cool.. 👍 :)

But the interest about the formula used remains.

AM Corvette- :cool: I need to get a USB memory stick to transfer replays to the internet for when I get golds.:sly:

Preparing a leaderboard for this event currently ... :cool:

When posting your intermediate results please read carefully what Jerry wrote in post 1, and post (at least) your laptime for lap 1, your division and your device (controller or wheel will suffice). Division and device info in your signature will do just fine too 👍

Lap 1: *'**.***

Setup: -23p/-13w, rh-20, damper 4x10, toe -.05/+.05, cam 2x1.0, bb 7/6, sa 40, tcs 5, abs 1, gear 4.600, no sa, no asm, at.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:to:cool:Very likable. Nice variation to previous qualifer.
Does the result of this change our standings immediately or will a number of results eventually determine our position when private rooms occur?

:)Either way I'm lovin'it.👍

ok, cool.. 👍 :)

But the interest about the formula used remains.

This is an event, not a qualifier. It's entirely up to the individual if they whish to take part in the event or not.

Explaining how drivers will be promoted and relegated is on my 'to do list', but here's a rough idea how it works:

No drivers will ever be relegated unless they personally request to be placed into a lower division. However, in order to be relegated the driver must put forward a valid argument for such an action. This would normally come in the form of highlighting past results from previous events and convincing the decision maker that there is valid grounds for such a rare request.

Promotions will be determined by results from past events and are forever ongoing. There will be no option to request a promotion, but the opinions of other drivers within the same division carries a lot of weight when deciding who should be promoted.

Am I correct in thinking that there is a different mix of AI if you exit the event and re-enter?

Edit: This is going to be fun. Just did a couple of runs. Challenging on the infield; easy on the banking.

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking that there is a different mix of AI if you exit the event and re-enter?

Edit: This is going to be fun. Just did a couple of runs. Challenging on the infield; easy on the banking.

There is a mix of A1's if you exit and re-enter the event.

We can't really post splits except for our first lap time. The replays don't display sector splits, and also if you know the second sector spilt for someone you can quite easily make an accurate guess to their lap time as it's WOT to the end.

I've got my tune ready, she's handling like the C5 Corvette it got its chassis from now.;) On Thursday I will start setting lap times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back