Official GTP_Race Event 01 (SpecIII: Closed)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 758 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean, but trust me you're definitely skilled enough it's just figuring out when to pass the AI. I lost count of how many time I had to restart a race because I got rammed by the AI or something I did wrong :banghead:

I finally got a clean run by only passing on the wide parts of the oval track. I would be stuck behind a train of them at the bus stop, but I knew that if I tried to out brake them going into it, I would get a nice shove from behind and have to restart. I bet I lost a good 3 seconds on the second lap right there. Then on the third lap I only had one car in front of me in the infield and he seemed to be doing his best to let the others behind catch up and take a run at me. If I could have gotten past him before the infield I could have shaved at least 3 seconds off the 3rd lap. I knew what I had to do but had too many other things to do this weekend.

You just explained exactly what happens, I lost so much time on the back straight trying to make clean passes before entering the bus stop, it doesn't help that the AI's entry and exit speed is much slower than you costing you precious seconds., but I made one last go at it Saturday night til about 3am and if I didn't get it done then I would have just said to hell with it.

GTP_vanuber7
Division 3 Gold
Spec III

Lap 2: 1'52.822
Lap 3: 1'51.806

Big up to all those who controlled this beast and got a clean run using a good old fashioned controlled, not easy:sly:👍

GTP_MWatso21
Division 4 Gold
Spec III

Lap 2: 1:52.897
Lap 3: 1:51.406

Tough race!! But very fun once I got a better feel for the AM Vette

To all,

I am going to pull out of the competition, as it appears that I have posted a time in standard mode. For whatever reason I started in Pro, but ended up back at Standard, without realising.

Alarm bells rang with me, when whilst at work I read a PM from Joeninety, telling me he had cocked up with the same error. I have just got in to check my replay and to my horror it is in Standard mode. So I feel it is only right to pull out and refrain also from entering my Spec III time.

I truly hope that the next event I check everything possible to make sure that I don't just mess myself about, but you guys and especially Sphinx, as he is putting in many hours with these events.

I have informed Sphinx via PM.

Once again deeply sorry and embarrassed by this situation.

Good luck to those that are through and hopefully the next event won't be so evenful for Sphinx.

Yours Jamie (Aka Grim reaper):guilty:

Well, Grim your a better person for stepping forward with your situation. 👍

I myself have handed in a "dirty replay" in the WRS and all is forgotten soon so don't get down on yourself.

And as a previous WRS racer still says..... "Race on".

GTP_Bollocks
Division 1 Gold
Spec III

Lap 2: 1'51.135
Lap 3: 1'48.420

👍

Good event!

Oops missed the deadline... ah well

Last edited:
Alarm bells rang with me, when whilst at work I read a PM from Joeninety, telling me he had cocked up with the same error. I have just got in to check my replay and to my horror it is in Standard mode. So I feel it is only right to pull out and refrain also from entering my Spec III time.
Sorry to hear this. But was your SPEC II time also invalid?

Leaderboard updated for the final time.

Sorry to hear this. But was your SPEC II time also invalid?

Leaderboard updated for the final time.

My spec II time was the invalid one. My spec III time was fine and it was done in Pro mode. I was through from my spec II time. Seemed the right thing to do and not post my SPec III time for messing Sphinx about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back