Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

New MOTW: It`s [a]...
Snail-008.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the madhouse. :cheers:

Your picture appears to be broken there. FIX IT. :P

Now, on to this week's festivities because we have a proud snail filling out a check for 6 months worth of rent as yet another apartment in the ever-expanding (and expensive!) Member of the Week madhouse has been sold. Welcome kcheeb to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople.

I was almost afraid that wouldn't work out. In your face, Obama!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

It's a big honour. As you said there are hundreds of thousands of members here and to be singled out is quite something. I'm most worried about answering your questions intelligently :scared:

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

A friend of mine got me involved in sim racing (F1 2010 at the time) and pointed me here. GTPlanet is a wealth of information, from racing series, leagues and one of's to Hardware and other general interest motor sport topics.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

S.N.A.I.L. - Being a co-organizer I probably should ;)
VCRC vintage & low power - Awesomely fun series to run in with some cool peeps.
S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Series - Because Karts :lol:
SIM Racing Hardware - I like to keep up with whats going on tool wise for my hobby.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

The same friend that got me started on the F1 series. Hadn't driven any of the GT series before, had all the equipment so I figured why not!

5. How did you come up with the name "kcheeb"?

It's pretty sad really. Way, way, way back when the video arcades were where you went to 'game', occasionally I'd get my initials on the leaderboards KCB. I'd see a friend later that day or the next and he'd make a remark about seeing K Chee B back up there.
When the internet started to become a 'thing' I had to come up with a handle, and that popped into my head, so I went with it. I've never had to use kcheeb1, 2 or 217 :lol:

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

:scared: Gran Turismo. I played Forza for a while but the feel of the driving wasn't to my liking.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I've been spending a fair amount of time with iRacing and Assetto Corsa lately, and I'm really looking forward to Project Cars 👍

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

I thought this would be the controversial question ;)

Overall I have to say I like it, but there are some niggly things that can be annoying.

Picture and video support is awesome, not getting all my thread notifications not so much.
Love the new conversations, but would like to be able to remove people from conversations I started.
If you have to edit a really large complicated post, preview it before you save it. You could be in for a few hours of repairs if it goes sideways.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

Some good, some bad. The single player stuff for me is mostly drudgery, the AI is slow and, erm, unaware and the progression through the game really doesn't feel like career mode to me.
The UI is leaps and bounds beyond GT5, but the Online part of the game really has it's issues. There's not a week that goes by that I don't experience some kind of frustration with getting connected or staying connected.
Love the new tracks, always wanting more places to drive.
The biggest disappointments for me are the lack of communication and broken promises by PD. We expected so much more from GT6 than has been delivered and really have no idea when or if it's coming.

10. Talk a little about your contributions to S.N.A.I.L. and a brief explanation of what it is for those that may be unaware.

I'm the Data guy for S.N.A.I.L.
After our Sunday night races are done a Team of S.N.A.I.L.s enters fast laps, total time, qualifying positions etc. into the spreadsheets and I consolidate it and present it through Google docs.
It's really a labour of love that all started with me wanting to know how I compared to the other people I was racing and maybe finding an edge ;)

11. What kept you from straying to another group or starting your own?

S.N.A.I.L.s 👍

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Mass Effect without a doubt. I really like space and sci fi to begin with and that game got me so absorbed in the story, it became emotional for me. Not many games have accomplished that.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

We hosted the 1988 Winter Olympics.

14. You've been here for a while and are known among those of us who know in any capacity for being opinionated, how do you take to that?

I take it just fine. I'm not usually afraid to speak my mind and after all, it is just my opinion!

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

For quite a while I was into model rocketry. I flew everything from the small Estes rockets up to being part of a four man team that flew the largest rocket motor flown by amateurs in Canada.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Nope, a 1997 Ford Ranger :(

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

At the moment I'd have to say iRacing.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

Find the nearest corner, curl up in a ball and hope no one notices me. To be honest, I've never had moderator aspirations, they have far more patience than I'm capable of :lol:

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

erm, S.N.A.I.L. I'm proud of S.N.A.I.L. and finding a snail in a racing helmet seemed perfect.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

Depends on how good the advertising is ;) I get the games I really want on launch day and if some of my friends recomend a newish game and it looks interesting, I just go buy it and try it.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?

My PS4 is eagerly awaiting a racing game. No plans for an XBox One and Nintendo is not going to fool me again.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

To create car's people WANT to drive.

23. You've just been sentenced to death. What is your last meal?

Linguine Pescatore, followed up with a to die for Tiramisu ;)

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

5, what can I say, I'm Canadian.

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

I don't know that I have a single favourite car. I like sports cars, a la BMW M3, but I also like classic cars and good ole Detroit muscle.
It probably says I have a wide variety of interests, yeah, yeah that's it.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

My first post was in the 7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) on April 8th, 2011.
I'm not sure my style has changed a whole lot, I'm probably a little more confident now than I was then.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

None have actually died, but there have been a few that show signs of, wear ...

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

You can't honestly expect me to answer that can you? Or should I just say Yes.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Not sure how long it's been. When I first joined I was pretty much a lurker for the first while (months maybe). In the last few years, it's would be days though.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

Being purely selfish and somewhat promotional, the S.N.A.I.L. Stewards. These guys review a huge number of reported incidents, on their own time for one reason. To make S.N.A.I.L. a clean place to race.

31. Robocop or The Terminator?

Terminator

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

You're trying to make me use a part of my brain I have difficulty accessing, shame on you. How about a Krait? Because a group of them would be, Hippokraits. I tried :lol:

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

You spend too much time on the internet ;) I've always had a thing for Demi Moore, but you have to arrange it to be the younger version!

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I participated in a few Kart Series. Once I found S.N.A.I.L. there are more than enough events run that I don't usually have to venture far.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

I run the S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Series. So yes I have :)

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

How's it going eh?

Thank you guys, I feel loved. :cheers:
TokoTurismo - congrats and welcome onboard the madhouse. :cheers:

I´m curious about the answer on this question:
5. How did you come up with the name "TokoTurismo"?
:D The name "Toko" is based on my main comic character's name, "Tokosu", but I desided to take out the "su" and came with Toko. The "Turismo" came from one of my favorite racing games, Gran Turismo. :)

Here we are another week at GTPlanet HQ, and while it's raining outside I couldn't feel happier... mostly because I'm not dying from the heat. I hate hot weather. Hate it.

What am I supposed to be talking about? Oh right, we have a new member inbound and he's already moved a good deal of his things into his newly acquired apartment, so let's have a welcome party for TokoTurismo.

Stop costing me money. All of you.

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
It feels really great to be recognized in a place I adore most. GTPlanet and by many who're old and new in it. It's like being a celebrity, a star. (*v*) Haha. :)
2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
When I first discovered GT5 and was intrested to search through Google to find more information on it during 2010, I've found GTPlanet after scrolling through Google's search page. GTPlanet had loads of information on GT5, so I desided to take a peek in it.
I wasn't the kind of person to join forums, but rather read on them. However, I've seen many members in GTPlanet that were also GT fans like me, and they seemed nice as well. So a few months later, I've desided to join GTPlanet's forum, and had a blast discussing GT5 with others after I introduced myself. :)
Nowadays, I keep coming back to GTPlanet not because for information on GT, but because of everyone in it. Their like a family to me, and I will never want to leave them behind.
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
I usually enter in GT6 related threads the most, but rarely its sub-forums. Although I do at times take a peek in its sub-forums, because I like to read others thoughts on the current game of GT. Despite that, I also visit other sub-forums and threads as well, but post less on them since there are those I don't really recognize there like in the GT boards, haha. (^^')
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
Cars. It had loads of cars I haven't gotten to drive before. Oh, and its made up tracks as well. :D
5. How did you come up with the name "TokoTurismo"?
The name "Toko" came from a character I created for my comic, named "Tokosu" but is mostly called Toko throughout the chapters. So I took out the "su" part and gotten Toko, because I thought it sounded much more better. I even created a Ferrari F40/F50-like car named TokoTurbo, but like I did to my character's name, I took out the Turbo part from the name.
Since Gran Turismo is my favorite racing game, I took out "Gran" and left "Turismo" to merge it with Toko. That's how TokoTurismo (T.T.) was made. :)
6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
I feel guilty having to take one side over the other, so I perfer both games because they contain cars. I mostly perfer GT because it doesn't have Letter-class categories.
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
I enjoy games like Need For Speed and Burnout the most, because the feel of action the two have. Since there aren't sims, I enjoy them more than GT and FM.
8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
The new GTPlanet is really great and very well organized. The new "Like" system is my most favorite. :D
9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?
GT6's loading time is what caught my attention. It's a lot more faster than GT5, great improvement in that area. The cars new to the franchise are fantastic, especially seeing both the Ford GT40 Mark 1 and Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe making a comeback from GT2.
The tracks also are what keeps me enjoying GT6 more and more, there's loads of tracks while there are others that have day/night cycle (my most favorite). :D
10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
I like to bring laughter and joy to GTPlanet, in hopes it makes other members laugh or cheer them up after having a bad day outside of it. I hope to improve on it someday to bring more joy. :)
11. A hot topic which divides community quite a bit. What`s your opinion about so called "hybrid cars"?
I find hybrid cars better because they don't produce pollution, unlike the cars that aren't hybrids which do, haha. ;)
12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
It would be Car Town. That game has a lot of cars in it, probably over a hundred. :D
13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
I live in Mississuaga that really isn't all that interesting to me. It feels dull and everyone always looks dull and mean. However there some kind folk in it, but you rarely see them. Let's just say, it's a boring place. :P
14. Can you pronounce "Rødgrød med fløde"? (Translates to red berry pudding with cream)
Kinda yes and kinda no. Yes to "med", but no to the first and last ones. O_o I attempted it but not sure if I'm pronouncing right, haha. :lol:
Although, that sounds delicious, mmmm, give me some of that after this interview, okay? :embarrassed: Or I'm coming after you. :mischievous:
15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?
Yep. I usually work on my comic whenever I'm not busy or not playing games, it's so much fun. :D
16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
*Gulp* What happens if I said "no, I'm not" or flat-out lied saying I was driving a Bugatti Veyron. Guess I'll get slapped across the face, yeah? :lol:
17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
That would be Modnation Racers, because you get to create anything out of your mind. :)
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
I will ban people for no apparent reas-- I mean, I'm not too sure. Ha, ha, hahaha. (^^')
19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)
Because I love Riiiiiidge Racer (sorry, had to do it). :P Also, I picked a fight with a monkey and it won by cheating. GRR! That's why I'll never want one as my avatar, their bullies! *Monkey appears out of closet and points at Toko with angry face*
20. Games, how do you like them?
I'll like them for entertainment and for whenever your bored, just play them. ;)
a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
I choose (A), especially for games that are on my favorite list. :)
21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?
So far I gotten the Wii U first, and then I gotten the PS4. The Xbox One is next on my list. :)
22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
Not to sure. Sorry I suck at hard questions. :P
23. You've just been sentenced to death. What is your last meal?
A brokerly... Did I just you hear chuckle? It was a brokerly. :lol:
24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
I will say 2. I'm being honest with you, it would be 2, since I do come up with crazy stuff, haha. :)
25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
It would sooo be the 2009 Ford Focus RS, because it makes a perfect rival to both the Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2008 version) and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X. Also because of its looks. The looks, especially in green. (*v*)
What it saids about me? Hmm, not quiet sure. If it's anything bad I'll put on NFS Most Wanted 2012 and trash it, muhahaha.
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
My first post was in the "Introduce yourself" board. I feel much more open to post whatever comes up in my mind now, unlike my old self that was a shy goody two shoes. :lol:
27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?
None. Although there is one PS3 controller that keeps falling on to the ground whenever I pull out the charger cord to charge my non abused PS3 controller. :)
28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?
No. It's usually always at home, but I always wanted to access GTPlanet at my work place. :D
29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?
One time I haven't logged on GTPlanet for the whole day, due to starting an arguement. :P
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?
I will say every photographer on GTPlanet. Their photos are fantastic and incredible! :D
31. Robocop or The Terminator?
Hahaha. To be honest I don't know. :lol: So I'm going to play it safe and say none, sorry. :)
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
It would be a elephant, wearing a hat, and with the ability to fly. GASP! I will name it Dumbo the flying elephant, that will cross that hippo with ease. :sly:
33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
I don't really know much female celebrities, so I will want to wake with one that's super popular and hot. :D
34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
No sadly. :(
35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
I did thought of wanting to make a racing game called Evolution: History of Racing, inspired by GT and FM, but now that's just a dream now. :)
36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Yes. I like to say I love everyone on GTPlanet as a family, and hope we never go our separate ways. Let's stick together like brothers and sisters, while the moderators be our mommies and daddies looking after us all. :cheers:

Back