Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Yes. I like to say I love everyone on GTPlanet as a family, and hope we never go our separate ways. Let's stick together like brothers and sisters, while the moderators be our mommies and daddies looking after us all. :cheers:

Won`t help when it comes to infractions points... :lol:

Some witty answers there. Nice read. 👍

It is once again time to welcome a new face; someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone that loves beer - these are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, Outeke!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

Well, it came as a big surprise, I knew about the MOTW but never checked it out.
I never thought I would have enough friends that would nominate me :D

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

GT5 brought me first to GT5Cheats and a few months later I decided to sign up for GTPlanet 👍
It was a great time, the marketplace was full of awesome friends which helped me a lot with collecting all cars and over 1500 replica's.
I'm still coming back, but not as often as during the GT5 times unfortunately.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

During GT5 I mainly visited the main GT5 forum, the general questions sub forum and of course the market place!
Now with GT6 I mainly look at the main GT6 forum, the general questions, the seasonal events and every now and then the Rumble Strip.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

I always liked to play racing games, started with GT1 on the PS1...up to GT6 on PS3.

5. How did you come up with the name "Outeke"?

Well that is a long story, back in the C64 era, when I first got intrested in doing a bit of "illegal" stuff I had a completely different nickname.
When BBS came, I changed to a different nickname again, back then it was Outlaw, and throughout the career the nickname evolved from Outlaw to TheOutlaw, ..............to Outeke.
There been times I had to change my nickname, due to different reasons.
A few names I still go by are: Outje, Out, Outtie, Outeke :D

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

As a hobby I always worked with Unix/Linux, ran couple of servers at home. At the office (as sysadmin) we unfortunately had Windows.
I never liked windows (aka Microsoft) so it took me ages to get a XBOX. Never bothered after that to stay with MS.
So.....Gran Turismo! (although I hear good things about Forza)

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I loved Micro Machines :P
I tried Absolute Supercars, but it was not really the same feeling as driving with GT6.

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

It is a BIG step forward if you ask me. The new features are just awesome!
I'm no fan of Facebook, but I do like the [like] button on here.
And an even bigger pro, is the multiuser chat function, it makes contact with my friends much easier :)

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

At first I was really happy with the new physics, but as always, you get used to it quite fast.
But what is left then? A GT5.5? The career was quickly finished and I'm only about 1000km away from platinum.
Not really sure if I ever manage to drive that, as GT6 really lost my interest.
It is just not what I expected from the followup of GT5 (which kept me occupied for almost 3 years)

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.

I try to bring fun to GTPlanet, that is of course one of the reasons I got here and come back for.
I made some really good friends here, from all over the world.
What I tried to improve, and hopefully succeeded, is to think twice before posting hahaha
I'm a guy that (also in RL) says what he thinks, no matter the consequences. And since English isn't my mother language, people easily mis-understand me.
In the past that caused useless issues with other members

11. A hot topic which divides community quite a bit. What`s your opinion about so called "hybrid cars"?

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......hahaha (!)
I think it is a good thing, PD should have done this a long time ago.
Now guys like Slim and Luca took the challenge that PD left aside.
A wise decission of PD would to implement the hybrid-cars into the Arcade part of the game.
And filter out (this is very easy) hybrid cars to be used in races/seasonals.
For sure it is a bad situation that these hybrids invaded the seasonals, PD should really take actions against that.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Difficult question. None I can think of.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

There are quite some facts about my little hometown.
Tjar Peter the Great came from Russia to my hometown to learn how to build ships (1679).
Claude Monet lived in my town, and made (I think) 8 paintings (1871).
The first McDonalds that came to Europe was located in my town (1971).
From all the cacao in the world, 95% is sold/transported/etc through my town.
Should I continue??

14. Can you pronounce "Rødgrød med fløde"? (Translates to red berry pudding with cream)

No, I cannot pronouce it. But my wife, which is a Swedish Fin, does speak all those scandinavian languages. Does that count? :)

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

I love to BBQ and drink beer. Develop software (as this is my profession).

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

No, a Peugeot 308SW. A family car for my family.
Or when I feel I need some freedom, I get on my Kawasaki Ninja 600R racer and tour around.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Currently I'm into Hitman Absolution.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

I would first start developing some tools (if needed) that would make moderating as easy as possible.
Second, I would purge some members (j/k)...I would be a friendly and helpful colleague :)

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol: )

I used to have a different avatar, but then a friend (excuse my bad memory) made this one for me.
The head is like an orange (which suits my nation color) and I have this avatar in different styles.
Depending on the mood I'm in, I can change it from Happy to Sad. (it doesn't happen that often)

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

I bought GT5 at launch together with a PS3. GT6 was the first game in my life that I actually pre-ordered.
And it will be the last one too. Next game I buy...I don't know. Depends how GT7 gets reviewed.
As I'm sure I haven't bought a PS4 anytime before that.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?

XBOX One = Microsoft (answered that in a previous question)
Wii U, I have a Wii at home, but hardly use it, so I guess not.
PS4, maybe, that depends on GT7.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

Play hard, or die trying.

23. You've just been sentenced to death. What is your last meal?

I hate eating, can I order a beer instead?

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

My doc would say a 8 or 9. But that could be reduced if I would accept medication :lol:

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

PORSCHE! Do I need to say more?
It's like a lady, she is beautiful, sexy, goes fast and never easy to handle.
What it says about me? I love ladies 👍 👍

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

Maybe a moderator could look it up, I have no idea.
I did register on April 12 in 2011.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

None, I'm always careful with my stuff (not only electronical). I work hard for it, so I take good care of it.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Hardly anything is weird nowadays with 24/7 access to your smartphone and internet....

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

I think about a week or so. Was always difficult to go away as we all had a schedule and a agreement to trade items every day.
What a hell to collect all those different colors :scared:

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

There are quite a few that really inspire me. All for different reasons.

31. Robocop or The Terminator?

Terminator! Not sure why I choose that. Maybe because I don't like being half machine :P

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

A zebra, would give a nice color to the hippo and we would call it a zippo. (just kidding)

It would be a bumblebee, imagine a hippo with small wings on top and able to fly around. Suddenly in your backgarden!
The official name it would carry is Bomhippostris, it's latin.

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

There are quite a few people I would love to meet in a elevator. But to choose one (randomly) I would say lisha Cuthbert.
She played the daughter of Jack Bauer in the 24 series. She is just yummie!

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

Racing series are not my thing. I hate losing. For me it is torture to do a game from which I know I will not win.
Think it has to do with my sporting mentality. As kid I was very good at the sport I did. Never lost, guess it was talent.
Anyway, next question please :)

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

No, for the reason above.
I did actually create quite a few games during GT5 (I have a creative mind), but all were in the marketplace, as there were all the friends.
Anybody remember Tess? :)

Thank you very much for reading!
I hope you liked it, some questions are fun to answer, some I had to think about. But hopefully it was OK.
Have a great time at GTPlanet and I'll have it too.

Good morning everybody,

Thanks for the nice replies, I had fun answering the questions, hopefully as much as you all reading 👍
Happy to be a GTP Member of The Week!!! :bowdown:

Cheers,

Out

Edit: A BIG thanks to Terronium-12 for having this great thread and putting time in it! :cheers:

timeless-leo-dicaprio-django-unchained.gif

I haven't been here in awhile. So, congrats to all the winners!

It is once again time to welcome a new face; someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone that loves beer - these are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, Villain!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

Strange. I haven't been posting on here much lately. My most recent post before MOTW reception was in the beginning of March. Figured that you guys would've forgotten about me by now. :lol:

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

I was brought to GTP by Scaff's early GT5 reviews and write-ups. I lurked for a while and then I could no longer resist.

The best thing about this forum is the diverse nature of the posters and the structure enforced by the leadership team. This board is very well managed, and the passion of the membership is what gives it its character.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

I visit the Sports section frequently, but, as a baseball fan, it's slim pickings. Outside of that, my most visited area is the Opinion/Current Events section because I'm all about being opinionated. It's refreshing to have a forum that demands accountability from its posters and moderators to keep the debates in the safe zone.
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

My older brother got GT2 for me for my birthday when I was a kid. Loved the franchise ever since.

5. How did you come up with the name "Villain"?

I don't remember, but I can say that I've been using this handle for over 14 years.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Gran Turismo. I am a man of taste. :cheers:

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I enjoy some of the NFS games, but it's a different ballgame. Sometimes I want to drive a Bugatti off the wing of an airplane at 200mph, nah'mean?

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

I wish I had more free time.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

I wish I had more free time.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.

All I bring is a poking stick. I poke people with it.

I supppose I can improve by getting a jabbing stick. Maybe a stick to impale?

11. A hot topic which divides community quite a bit. What`s your opinion about so called "hybrid cars"?

To partially paraphrase the comedian Jeff Dunham, "Do you know what a Prius sounds like on the freeway?"

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

It was named one of the Top 5 place to live by CNN's Money Magazine.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/moneymag/0707/gallery.BPTL_top_100.moneymag/5.html

14. Can you pronounce "Rødgrød med fløde"? (Translates to red berry pudding with cream)

No, but my Swedish/Danish bombshell of a significant other nailed it.

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

Besides picking my nose, yelling at the baseball players on TV, and consuming large quantities of locally brewed craft beer, I am fairly into mountain biking, racquetball, and snowboarding.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

I'm driving my girlfriend crazy.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Skyrim gets the most love that my PS3 has to offer, at the moment.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

Power trip.

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

Well, I love beer. I'm not an Obama fan in particular (I'm moderately conservative if you've seen my posting in the Opinion areas), so I guess that for me to choose a picture of him holding it is pretty ironic. I like the notion that people may assume that I picked that avatar because I am a liberal. The idea that it may result in confusion makes me happy.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

D) Played, by me.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?

PS4, but I don't have enough free time at the moment to justify buying it yet. I will wait a year or so for the price to come down and hopefully a calmer schedule with enough time for video games.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

Everything you need, nothing you don't.

23. You've just been sentenced to death. What is your last meal?

Everything on the menu at RM Seafood.

http://rmseafood.com/our-menu/

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

1. :crazy:

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

I don't know. I don't know. That I'm indecisive.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

I don't remember and I'm scared to look. I hope I've improved. :scared:

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare done it.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Does my throneroom count? ;)

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Months, probably.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

The admins - Scaff, Famine, and company. This place is run by some great people.

31. Fridays or Applebees?

The Yardhouse. /snob

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

A Gryphon. I shall call it Buckbeak.

...wait...

:sly:

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

Christina Hendricks, because Christina Hendricks.

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I'm not worthy.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

Yes. It's on the way to the restrooms, the competitors are Russian, and if you're the winner you are European.

I don't feel the need to get anything off of my chest, but I am willing to field extra quesitons from the gallery. Hi, IAMA Villain, AMA.

And here I thought T12 threatened chosen members if they didn't provide entertaining enough answers, for fear of getting too few 'likes'.

Even so, congrats. :cheers:

:lol: :lol:

The conspiracy begins, I've heard T-12 picks members based on how many prospective likes he thinks he can get... :P

Back