Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Outside the MOTW HQ...

article-2619364-1D8A577D00000578-292_634x448.jpg

It is once again time to welcome a new face; someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone that loves Mario Kart perhaps more than anything else - these are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, Classic!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Feels amazing, to whoever voted for me, thank you! It's a big honour to get noticed on such an incredible forum as this.
2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
I actually used to visit GTPlanet before I signed up, I used to google for Gran Turismo 4 prize car information and GTPlanet was always the best resource. It wasn't until GT5: Prologue that I signed up for some tunes to help with the S Class races. The specific car was the Gran Turismo tune Clio!
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
Console & PC gaming mostly. I love all kinds of games so a lot of threads there peak my interest. I also reside in the football threads for a lot of my GTPlanet time. Oh, can't forget the nuthouse that is 'The Infield'.
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
As a massive fan of SEGA Rally Championship 1995 when I was 4, my interest in rallying started to grow. I was absolutely fixated on the idea of driving off-road in video games. When I got my Playstation 1, I played Gran Turismo at my local Charlie Chalks(UK Chuck E Cheese, really) and fell in love with it. The rest is history really.

5. I'm sure I know the answer, but just in case I'm wrong, how did you come up with the name "Classic"?
'Classic' comes from Classic Sonic from the old Sonic the Hedgehog games. For those unaware, Classic Sonic is different from Modern as his games didn't suck so bad. My original alias was 'Chariots0fFire' and that was based on the name of one of my favorite movies.
6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
I am a total Gran Turismo man. I do enjoy Forza however, and play it a lot with my girlfriend. I believe that Forza is currently the better game, but, there's something about GT that just drags me in. Even GT6, kind of.
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
I absolutely adore WipEout HD and WipEout 2097. Along with GT, WipEout was my childhood post-SEGA. I still enjoy all the SEGA Rally games and Daytona USA too.
8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
I really love the new layout, especially on my laptop. As a computing scientist, I can tell a lot of work has went into making the website run as fast as possible. However, I still can't reply on my mobile without a lot of lag.
9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?
I played Gran Turismo 6 for a total of 43 hours before getting totally bored and falling out with the game. The physics are great, and a huge improvement over it's predecessors but the game component of the 'game' is the worst yet. I don't think that GT6 is the best Gran Turismo on PS3, purely because I think GT5 was better all round. Which is a strange thing to say.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
To be honest, I don't think I bring much to GTPlanet but I do try and be as kind and helpful as possible. I also enjoy a good joke or two with the great members of this community. I think I can improve by being more apparent in threads by showing my opinion more, sometimes it's easy to do a 'post-and-run' without getting in-depth within the conversation.
11. What would you in the event Sega announced they were re-entering the console market?
Firstly, I would scream from the rooftops my happiness for all to hear. Second, I would pre-order, regardless of price. And thirdly, I would try and contain my inner fanboy. Oh, and make sure they made another SEGA GT.
12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Blossom City from The Wonderful 101. Why? It's obvious that I would be the 102nd member of the group and have the ability to turn my masked comrades into a massive squash racket. Wonder-eyes Squash!
13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
Only 50% of the homes that existed 5 years ago are still there. There has been a lot of new housing built.

14. I'm sure this will covered again in the upcoming question about your current favorite game, but now that the spectacular Mario Kart 8 is on the scene how are you liking it?
Well, It's out on the 30th May unfortunately, I hope you aren't teasing me T12. :P But, from what I have seen it looks absolutely incredible. Solid online, locked 60FPS, 1080P...eat your heart out GT6. (Totally not a thinly guised marketing ploy here.)
15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?
I play Squash at club level, it's great fun and works up quite a sweat. Aside from that, I write reviews in my free time and I have an upcoming podcast in the works, working on the incurable Scottish accent at the moment before it goes live.
16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
Only my golf club. I have a license but no car right now.
17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
The Wonderful 101. However, Mario Kart 8 might as well be a shoe-in for this.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
Well, I would respectfully decline and ask if the staff were right in the head. :lol: In all seriousness, I don't have the time, patience or skill to perform such a very hard job. The moderators on this website are second to none, and I wouldn't like to drag down the very astute level of moderation they bring.
19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
I chose my avatar because it's biker suit Peach, and she is awesome(and my Waifu :P) . It's not a monkey because nobody likes Donkey Kong.
20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
I mostly adhere to option B, modern games don't usually deserve full price since they ship half-arsed and full of bugs. That being said there are exceptions, and that exception is first-party titles most of the time. So first-party games are option a most of the time.
21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?
I have a Wii U since Christmas 2013. I love it to pieces and the games i'm currently interested in are on the console, so I am happy with my decision. Maybe I would consider a PS4 if there was a new WipEout or convincing GT announced and maybe even an Xbox One if Viva Pinata 3 was on it's way.
22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
'Be Inspired, Be Driven' My company would make incredible design showcases that capture the imagination of the driver.
23. What kind of movies have you been watching lately?
Films about dogs that die, thanks to my girlfriend. She's not a sicko, but she loves a good animal film, in this case 'Marley & Me'. In my own time, I have been watching the 'Back To The Future' trilogy and the 'Indiana Jones' movies. Great watching.

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
7.5. The higher you rate yourself, the less the crazy you really are. Crazy is being blissfully unaware as you try to make a wood flavoured cookie from marble.
25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
My favourite car is the Gillet Vertigo. This comes from GT3 and is due to the fact I loved the original red livery(damn you for changing it PD), and it's acceleration was RIDICULOUS. I think it says that it isn't just Belgian chocolates that I have an insane love for.
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
My first post was in the Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sub-section and the style of said post differs greatly from now. Back then, I was very dry and sharp, enquiring for answers rather than looking for community. Time has changed that style, and nowadays when I post, I am interested in what other members have to say.
27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?
2. Both came from losing a race in WipEout HD when I was on the verge of beating some of the best online players in the world, that doesn't happen very often. Since these incidents, I have resorted to fake dualshocks I get off eBay for £13.
28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Pretty much on it all the time, in terms of oddness. On my regular commute I have to get the subway, which has no Internet access. So, for reading I load a page in advance for my journey. :lol:

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?
Pretty sure it was 8 weeks? Could be wrong...
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?
Every member on the website has their very own great traits, including but not limited to Camry racing skills. All you guys are awesome, Well, most of you. :sly:
31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
I'd like to see some more RPG elements making their way into racing games, R-Racing: Evolution was a great example of these features in my opinion. A true PS2 classic.
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
I would cross it with a pug, it would be called a Puppo. Because I can only imagine how ridiculous it would look.
33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
Alison Brie. Those who reside in The Daily Babe thread will know how bias I am toward her. She is stunning and also has a very sly tongue so she might give me some good ol' fashioned attitude or something similar.
34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
No. My time constraints don't usually allow me to consider entry.
35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
I did consider an Indy Car championship on GT5, but I quickly scrapped it. I don't have the commitment or drive for the series to be successful, that the leading names in series' creation has here. Kudos guys.
36. Anything else you'd like to say?

Once again, thank you very much for making me MOTW, it has been fun answering these questions and I hope you enjoyed my answers. Here's to the best forum on the web. 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations @Classic!

And you might wanna fix this @Terronium-12:

I actually used to visit GTPlanet before I signed up, I used to google for Gran Turismo 4 prize car information and GTPlanet was always the best resource. It wasn't until GT5:Prologue that I signed up for some tunes to help with the S Class races. The specific car was the Gran Turismo tune Clio!

Back