Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

It is once again time to welcome a new face; someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone who lives, breathes, exhales and markets the Ford name more than any commercial ever will - these are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, the estranged Henry Ford III, er, I mean Slash!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

Well, quite honestly, I wasn't expecting it!!! :lol: I must say, it couldn't have come at a better time with everything going on in my life lately. It was good to have an "up" for once. So thanks to everyone who nominated me, it means a lot.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

What brought me to the site? I think it was sometime around the GT4 days. I started lurking trying to figure out how to beat that damn Viper at Seattle circuit with my lightly modified SVT Cobra R. Eventually I started coming around enough that I signed up for the site. I've made a ton of friends here and am glad to be a part of the site. Everyone here keeps me coming back. This place is my internet home!

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

Probably Cars in General, the Rumble Strip and the Infield. I used to spend a lot of time in the drag forums as that is one of my all time favorite forms of racing, but as Gran Turismo seemingly fades into oblivion, I've slowly moved on and post elsewhere. Real cars for me these days.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

I got it for my birthday from my Aunt one year, I think maybe '05 or '06. She knew I was into cars. At first, I had a bunch of other games I wanted to try out, like Ford Racing 2 and a few others. Those ones looked cool. Gran Turismo 4's cover, because I was young, seemed bland to me, and I figured it was probably boring. I popped it in one day and boy was I wrong. Easily became the heaviliest played game I had back then. It was so good :lol:

5. How did you come up with the name "Slash"?

Contrary to popular belief, my username has absolutely nothing to do with the infamous guitar player Slash. I've had multiple usernames over the years but "slashfan" was the basic one. On GTPlanet, it started out as "slashfan7964". I was in a weird time in my life, and I chose the word "slash" because I liked cutting things with knives and swords, in a big "slash", if that makes sense. I was a fan, so "slashfan" was born. The numbers weren't really random either. On your keyboard, the numbers above the letters range from 1 to 0. I tried to center that, but since it's an even number of keys, I had to pick either 6 or 7 to started with. So I picked 7, went over 2 spaces to 9, went to 6 which was next to seven and then repeated that and went out 2 spaces to 4. "7964". :lol: Over the years here, I've changed my name twice via GTP Premium, just to shorten it to my internet nickname.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Gran Turismo. Never played Forza, not interest in buying an Xbox to play it since my DFGT isn't supported. I will say I like their car sounds and car list better however, but I'll take a combination of GT and Forza tuning. GT has the win with transmissions and what not, but I'd really love to swap some engines. :mischievous:

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I have in the past. I've played various Ford Racing titles, I've got Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and a few others laying around. But I always end up going back to GT when I get really bored.

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

Love it. The alerts and conversations for PM's are great, but I really do miss our old private groups.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

Being brutally honest, I feel like it's a really watered down version of GT5. I've pretty much had enough of it and set it aside until GT7 comes out.

10. If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet what would you want?

The woman I love very dearly.

11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Because why the 🤬 not???

12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?

Probably an old school Trans Am or drag racing series. I had something kind of like that at one point, but GT6 didn't really allow for EXACTLY what I wanted, due to limitions in the game.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

I hail from 2 places, where I am from and where I live now.

Where I am from: This place was a huge industrial town back in the 70s and 80s. All the railroad systems in New York intersected here. Now it's mostly abandoned, but the buildings leave a pretty cool place to check out and look at. It's one of my favorite sections of the city, to to go there and see all the old abandoned rail lines and whatnot.

Where I live now: There's a massive amusement park 6 miles from me with over 200 rides, attractions and about 8 major rollercoasters. Yet I almost never visit there. :loL:

14. Have you been Whammed!?

In the past yes, but this most recent year I made it out alive! Yay me :D

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

Does your right hand count as a hobby? :P

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Hell naw. I mean, the Mopar Man Van is anything from special. I would like to take dad's pickup for a spin though, that thing has some history I'd like to repeat.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Grand Theft Auto, it's a tie between San Andreas and V. San Andreas probably wins because nostalgia though.

18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

It's my all time favorite band, thanks to my dad who got me into them with their live album "Live After Death" and studio album "Fear of the Dark". I like them so much, I had the "Fear of the Dark" album cover tattooed on my left arm.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

I've never pre-ordered a game before, price drop, well I'm not sure. I usually just go buy one if I have the money. I'm not all that picky when it comes to buying games.

21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?

I would if there was more games and I wasn't just as broke as your grandma's door knob.

22. Manual or automatic?

Depends, I prefer manuals, but I do like older automatics because of the sheer brute power and speed of the shifts they provide when it comes to drag racing. Down the 1320? Automatic all day, especially with a reverse valve body. Backroad asphalt chewing? Manual please!!!

23. Desert island disks - what 3 albums would you take to a desert island?

Iron Maiden: Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Live After Death

No question.

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

Probably like a 4.5/10 at the moment, but that flucuates with my mood. Don't piss me off! :P

25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?

I don't think I really have a favorite race car driver. I'm not really one to follow motorsports all that much. I'd rather be out tinkering on my toys in the garage or beating the hell out of them down some abandoned backroad then sit there and watch a bunch of cars go around a track way faster than I ever could.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

My very first post to the best of my knowledge:

Slash
I'm new here, but I've been playing GT since GT4 and I've always wanted DLC...so here it goes.

Tracks:

Former tracks from all GT games that didn not make it into GT5.

Cars (where do I begin?):

More Classic Muscle Cars (USA)
More Trucks, perferebly older models since new modles are fequent
More premiums
Upgraded premiums from current cars in the game
More cars like X2010, similar, but not as good

OTHER (some of these are patches and things I'd like fixed):

Open world I guess. Having your cars and being able to go anywhere you wanted (in a contained enviroment. Would be cool if it was actually a real place). Ablility to get out, walk around, ability to stall cars, ability to shut off cars, ability to have to have to pay for gas, tires etc (more realism, blegh, don't flame me for that). Ability to have debts (of course not insane debt but just enough to get you grinding for cash)

Extremely better course maker
More tuning mods
Ability to pop the hood and tinker with your engine (or at least view it)
Ability to open doors and look around
Ability to pop the hatch for storage
Ability to purchase and use nitrous (like in GT4)
Ability to add more customization options (even though people frown upon vinyls, underlights, diamond plates, etc), would be cool to have
Ability to mold custom bumpers for customization
Ability to add Pickup Bedbars with offroading lamps (for dirt/snow tracks at night, more light to see course)
Ability to change wheels on standard model cars
Ability to paint wheels on standard model cars
Ability to save mid race, on any race (I know, it's coming soon)
Ability to race against more players online (32, like karts, instead of 16 for cars)
Ability to have to change small things (spark,plugs, wires, batteries, starters etc)
Drop prices on things, especially if new things such as stated above are added
More wing and aerodynamic options for cars that don't have any
More wheel options (like GT4, it has a whole store itself in GT Auto)
Fix the car was people (half the time people washing the cars in GT Auto miss the car and are scrubbing the air)
Fix GT Auto wash for karts (there is no one)
Paint Preview
Oil change on karts
Ability to fine tune carts
More photo destinations
Faster load times (don't we all want this? PS3 is more than capable of doing it)
More races, in general
More seasonal events (updated every 2 weeks)
More remote race options
Ability to speed up B-spec races (like GT4, fast forward up to 4 times faster that real time)
The old garage or similar from GT4
Completely redesigned main menu in GT life (NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN)
More trophies
Faster online loading times
Redesigned main online lobby
Redesigned lobby once in game
Ability to rename lobbies
Ability to set fixed host status when aquiring a lobby form another user
Ability to set mic usage when aquiring a lobby from another user
Invite system
Easier way to find how to borrow cars
More car restrictions
More event restrictions
More regulation restrictions
Ability to turn ABS off in some areas where it can't be
Sixaxis support (never happening now)
Better sounds (engine, etc)
More sounds
Skid marks created at start of race to still be there at the end of the race
Returning music from past GT games
Ability to host your own events and award prizes (money, gear, horns, paint, etc.)
Ability to sell items and cars online, in the online dealership/online store

...as I kill my brain trying to think of things that need fixing and DLC I want

Not really DLC here, but a ton of patches to fix everything that wasn't completed at launch (like better damage, even though some cool stuff is unlocked at level 40), along with new features.

It would be really neat to see Polyphony and Kaz do an offraoding game like Atv Offroad Fury. Maybe even get some classic 3 wheelers in there :D

Think that about does it =P

I'd say that's pretty good for a first post, even though this isn't the first forum I have ever posted on. I frequented a lot of others back then.

I don't think it's really changed all the much, save for being a tad more constructive and easier to read.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

I actually don't think I've ever busted a controller. I wised up and realized I didn't have the money to replace them if I smashed them. That doesn't mean I didn't try though!

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Yeah. My moms friend was on her deathbed (bless her btw) and I was on the hospital PC posting away. Oh, and sometimes while I'm taking a dump. :lol:

What? Oh I can't say that? Oops :lol:

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Like a week I think. Usually when I am on vacation or if I was banned. Behave yourselves, kiddos.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

No idea honestly. There's so many guys on the site that are going through so much, that I give them props for pulling through. If I had to say, it would probably be @W3HS and @Ken Koios.

31. Is your body ready?

I'm 19. Is that even a question?

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

Does the animal have to be alive?

Uh, I suppose I could try it with a crocadile. That would be one mean mother:censored:. :mischievous:

33. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?

Where do I begin? :D

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I think I was in a Trans Am series that was short lived once. I never really got into the whole competitive racing thing. I'd rather go do some burnouts or something.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

I've thought about it. But it's probably more effort than I'd be willing to put into it.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

JDH;jklrnpOWURGNAWKJRNAIRUVNKJjgnrf;agbne;gkajergb;aekjrgbeur;

:lol:

Get outside, go jump in your car, go do some burnouts, come home and turn some wrenches!

Unbelievable. The questions I tailored to you weren't saved toward the draft issued out to you.

I don't know why. I'm only noticing it now as I didn't have enough time to go over it before putting it up. I don't even remember what I asked. :grumpy:

Unbelievable. The questions I tailored to you weren't saved toward the draft issued out to you.

I don't know why. I'm only noticing it now as I didn't have enough time to go over it before putting it up. I don't even remember what I asked. :grumpy:
If you can remember them, shoot them my way and I'll have them back to you.

Are we supposed to like this? I mean...Erm... Dammit...

You're supposed to give me money. Likes don't pay my bills. :P

Look out for the announcement of what August is set to bring on Monday, with the first interview of the bonanza going up on Friday the 1st!

Friday the 13th?

Oh hello there. This coming Friday is August 1st - the mark of an entirely new month; a special month by all means, because for the entire month of August you will get to know us a little better than many of you may already know some of us - and by "us" I mean the moderation staff, of course!

Every Monday and Friday there will be a new interview featuring one of us and we'll bare it all on the line; we will spare no quarter, leave no stone unturned, leave no number of jimmies un-rustled, and most importantly, we will leave no question unanswered.

The first holder of the almighty badge has already answered the call and the interview is ready to go for this Friday, however, that doesn't mean you can't think of all the questions in the world to ask the future guests.

My advice would be get to it!

Back