Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Neat. Today's the 20th anniversary of the premiere!

Chandler-Bing.jpeg

Could this BE any more off-topic?

:P

I spent the Summer working my way through all ten seasons. I got up to episode 4 of season 9 before I had to return to uni.

Believe me, I'm already doing it. I've yet to receive an answer from this week's inductee though.

May have to resort to a plan b.

Go away and play moar Destiny? :0

No. :lol:

Find someone else to fill this week's spot and then have this week's member (should they not answer the call in time) fill the role for next week.

After a much needed break after the incredible that was all of August, and playing too much Destiny, the Member of the Week has returned and you know what that means - the recognition of new faces will continue from this point on, someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone that loves indigo as much as a certain other individual (is that even possible?). These are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week.

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, Mrs. Famine!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

I honestly have no idea why I've been chosen. But thanks :D

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

I followed Famine here, and someone has to keep an eye on him.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

I'm usually found in the Rumble Strip, although I do like to browse the Automotive section as well.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

See, I like Gran Turismo but I've never been much of a player. If I don't progress in a game I get bored quite quickly. And I've also discovered that life tends to take over as well. I became a little more interested in all things Gran Turismo when I got to know Famine. Mainly because I don't have a choice! *runs from inevitable beating *

5. Why go for something as readily apparent as "Mrs. Famine", why not something that affords a bit more... anonymity?

Ah well. There's a bit of a story behind that. When I first joined it was out of curiosity around a Famine-hobby, but I wanted to remain anonymous and see how long it took him to spot me. I was originally GT_Plant, which changed to Milford_Cubicle for a few years as that's one of my multi-purpose user names. And then became Mrs. Famine so all the single laydees know he's taken ;)

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo or nothing?

Gran Turismo. As much as I like the game, it's not a big thing for me. I'm more a part of the wider community having hosted several LAN parties and I've made several friends due to GT. However, I know it's important to Famine and therefore nothing isn't an option.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT?

Ummmmmm. I like easy, dip in and out type games. I rarely play video games these days though. I quite like the quiz games (Buzz and the like) and have spent time with the Little Big Planet games too. I originally started off with a GameBoy and Tetris, moved onto a Nintendo 64 with Mario and then when I moved out of my parents, discovered the delights of Playstation and Crash Bandicoot. I guess I'm a bit of a platformer :)

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

It's a forum, I can write things on it and interact with people. Um.... I don't think I have any other thoughts aside from the fact I like the look and useability of it.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

I played through the initial bits and bobs and did some online racing. I like it, the interface is nice and simple and I can paint cars in shiny purple before I crash them a lot. It's all good.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.

Personally I don't feel I bring anything. This question confuses me.

11. How do you prefer the weather: hot, cold, or mild?

Hot. I hate being cold as it makes my joints hurt a lot. Mild and humid would be the ideal as I can't cope with being too hot, but humidity really helps my condition.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

I'd absolutely be Sack Boy from LBP. He has a great time :D

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

My hometown is actually quite an interesting place, there are several facts about it. Including that it's home to the world's oldest lifeboat, part of Atonement was filmed there and a tanker ran aground on the beach in July 1993.

14. What are you most looking forward to in the coming weeks?

Potty training my mini-me. No more nappies. Woo!

15. Do you have any hobbies you'd like to share with us?

I used to spend a fair bit of time chucking fast cars around various tracks/airfields but deteriorating health and looking after family/reduced income put a stop to that. I don't think mothers of almost three year olds can have hobbies?

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

My daily driver is a Mazda 6 estate which isn't very special but I also have a 1997 Mk1 MX-5 Merlot special edition. That's relatively special :)

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

I don't have one. Very boring answer but that's the truth!

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

I would have to turn it down as a) I really don't have the time and b) There's no way you could all cope with having two Famines bossing you about :P

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)

I like to Nyan. And who doesn't love the rainbow pooping cat?

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.

b) Sealed at first price drop.

c) Used.
Used, they're cheaper that way.

21. What's it like being Mrs. Indigo?

It's how I'd imagine living inside the internet would be.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

Buy my cars. Thanks.

23. What kind of movies have you been watching lately?

I watch all manner of things but movies are an infrequent thing. The last film I watched was Ferris Bueller's Day Off as it is one of my favourite films. Prior to that it was Dark Knight Rises in three sittings, and before that, The Lego Movie. AWESOME!

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

I'm married to Famine, I have an almost 3 year old and a teenager. I'm fast moving towards triple figures.

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

You want me to just choose one? What is this madness?!

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

Apparently it was here, my style remains very much the same.

27. How many controllers have you seen thrown around the house, if any?

Well it depends. Several controllers have been thrown but for very different reasons and not always a toys out of the pram moment :P

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

I used to work nights so have made access at very many a strange hour. As for place, does Vegas count? :D

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Probably weeks when I've been tied up with work, family life etc. I do however log on daily by proxy... there's always a screen somewhere nearby with GTPlanet on it.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?

@FoolKiller. He is one hardy mo-fo. I'm always impressed by people who face tough times but are still smiling. Keeping a sense of humour is very important in these situations and he certainly knows how to do that.

31. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

Heh. Thanks Daniel.

I would cross it with an African Grey parrot so it could fly and insult me as well as being a river horse. And I would call it Steve. Because it looks like a Steve.

32. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

Hmmm. I would exceptionally self conscious about being naked so it would need to be someone who could loan me something to cover up but who could also make me laugh. I have several comedians I really like but there are only a few I find funny as well as interesting in that I'd like to spend time with them. I would have to say Adam Hills, or Ross Noble. I could wear their jacket to cover up and time would pass quickly as they are both very funny and interesting men. I never tire of their comedy style :)

33. Anything else you'd like to say?

Thanks for having me. I've been a member of this site since December 2006, almost 8 years now and I've got to know some very lovely people. Some of them came to the Famine wedding and I've had several in my house. I'm glad I've been made to feel welcome despite not being particularly active with GT itself.

Love you, bye :)

Back