Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

The recognition of new faces continues from this point on, someone that doesn't cower in the face of fame, someone that doesn't regress when presented with the opportunity to shout from a rooftop "I'm better than you... on the internet!", someone that doesn't get the magic that is Euro Truck Simulator (What?). These are the traits of the archetype known only as The GTPlanet Member of the Week.

No matter where you go, people will know you. No matter what you say, no one will interrupt or correct you. No matter what you're wearing it will be fashionable for the next 10 years.

So let us welcome the newest member to the League of Extraordinary GTPeople, DQuaN!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

It's about bloody time!!

I kid, I kid!!

It's a real honour. There are so many users on this forum and I tend to be quite quiet so not many people are aware of me I guess. It's nice to have been chosen.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

GT2 or 3, I forget now. It must be 3! What keeps me coming back is everything else. The members, the staff, the content, the other subforms etc.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

Pretty much everywhere except the GT section! Console & PC Gaming, Rumble Strip, Computers and Technology, Opinions and all the automotive is where you'll find me most of the time.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

Cars! I've always been a car nut. I was of the generation that had a Countach, 959 and a Testarossa on my bedroom wall. I loved playing racing games and when GT came along it was so far ahead of the rest, I fell in love instantly.

5. How did you come up with the name "DQuaN"?

It's kind of how my little sister used to say my name before she could talk properly!

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Both I guess. While GT has come along leaps and bounds over the years, the engine sounds have stayed the same. They all sound like remote controlled cars! COME ON PD!! YOU CAN DO BETTER!!

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I play the Codemasters F1 series. I'll also normally try out any new releases. I'm not a big fan of arcadey type racing games though.

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

I like it. I think I've taken to this one faster than the previous changes. I've been here for many iterations of GTP and there it always a little getting used to when there is a big change but this one has been very smooth.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

I haven't played it yet! GT4 was the last GT game I owned. Am I going to bet banned now?! :nervous:

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.

Err... I... Umm....

I'm not really sure. I like to think I do more than just make up the numbers. There is the GTPlanet Awards I suppose. I started them a few years ago and have been doing them every year since. I also host a Minecraft Server which most of the GTP Mincrafters visit.

11. I know you play a lot of Minecraft so I'd like to know what your favorite mod is, and more to a question, what would attract you to a new mod?

Cannon travel is always fun. Build a vertical cannon, set the coordinates that you would like to arrive at, step in and BOOM, away you go! I'm always looking for new mods but they need to be really good to make it on to the server. Normally it will be something that's fun like Cannon Travel or something that enhances the playing experience like MCMMO. The more mods I have on the server the more lag players will get so I have to be quite picky.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Tricky one. I guess MineCraft but only if I could have unlimited mods! I could build my own racetrack!

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

It's the home of Ealing Studios where lots of old movies were made, including the Monty Python films. The pub I drink at is right opposite and where all the stars used to drink. The walls are adorned with signed photos of all the stars.

On a sadder note it's in the news right now because a 14 year old girl got murdered :(

14. With the recent influx of games that are seemingly falling from the heavens, how are you digesting it all?

There aren't many I'm interested in to be honest. I am looking forward to Alien Isolation though.

15. Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share?

I like to play footy. That's the reall footy, not "handegg". Other than that it's computers and gaming which you all know already.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Still my old Ford Focus. It's a great car. Never given me any problems *knocks on wood*, economical, fun to drive.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

I don't really have one. I guess I play more MineCraft than anything else right now but I'm still not sure I could call it my favourite.

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

Crap my pants?! I'm not sure really. I have a good knowledge of the site but I guess I would start with reading the super secret mod forum to get a better idea of how decisons are made and how the process works. Then I guess I would carry on as normal but try to keep the peace where necessary.

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)

Goat Simulator gave me a good chuckle when it came out so I figured it would make a good avatar. It's about time I changed it though.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

d. I won't go in to detail. ;)

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U?

perhaps when the price comes down a bit more. Most of the games I like are on PC so I keep that upgraded instead.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

"Self driving cars! Get as drunk as you like"

23. What kind of movies have you been watching lately?

Whatever is out and that I can agree on with Vic after an hour of arguing. Last film we watched was How to Train Your Dragon 2.

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

4 I guess. I'm fairly normal. Fairly.

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

Ooh another tough one. I would have to say Miura. Not sure what it says about me but as I've got older, I've started liking cars from the 60's and 70's a lot more than modern supercars. If I won the lottery I'd have a garage filled with old Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, Alfas, etc.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

I have no idea! I think the first reply I got was "Search". :lol:

I'm not sure how it's changed. I guess you could say I'm a little older and wiser. This was also the first forum I ever really spent a lot of time on so it took me a while to learn the rules of "forum etiquette".

27. I've also noticed you, and I hope my memory hasn't failed me or I'm not confusing you with someone else, started your unending journey in the world of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I'd love to know how that's working out for you!

I did. I played it for a bit but haven't done so in a while now. I got a little bored to be honest, it's not exactly a fast paced game! It's the kind of game I'll fire up every now and then to go for a drive but not really play regularly.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Umm, on the throne I guess. That's actually quite a regular occurence! Other than that I can't think of anything really odd.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

Not long at all. I would say not more than a week. With todays smart phones it's easy to stay connected wherever you are.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?

Famine. That mans brain is astounding.

31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?

I read a while ago there was talk of an F1 game that took data from real races in real time, allowing you to be "in the race" as it pans out. I'd like to see that implemented.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

A Kingfisher. I think the sight of a Hippo diving at the water at high speed at a high angle of attack would be pretty special.

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

From what I've seen recently, Jennifer Lawrence...

SHHHHHH!!!!!

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I tried the WRS once I think. I sucked.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

Not really.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

Not really. Just thanks and I hope I wasn't too boring!

Well that was obviously one of the best MOTWs ever!!

Just look at the amount of replies!

:lol:

Well that was obviously one of the best MOTWs ever!!

Just look at the amount of replies!

:lol:

I didn't see it!

@DQuaN is one of the nicest guys in the world. His drunk phone calls always made my night.

This is about god-damn time.

I think I was premium when I was inducted into it but I now no longer am.
So I am (not anymore).

----

Happy belated congrats, @DQuaN .

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
Cars! I've always been a car nut. I was of the generation that had a Countach, 959 and a Testarossa on my bedroom wall. I loved playing racing games and when GT came along it was so far ahead of the rest, I fell in love instantly.

100% me. Guess we are both the same age +/- 4 years...

Another great entry. :cheers:

Last edited:
How did I no know about this thread sooner? Awesome reading through a lot of the interviews, especially our Administrator. ;)👍

One of these days I will be member of the week,

*68 years old*

Just gunna keep waitin.

*Age 90 Dies*

Member of the week, Funnyguy344

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
Crap my pants.

Crap... your pants? I'm not sure you've understood the necessary etiquette following a job offer. ;)

Nice interview @DQuaN 👍

You have to be like the Honor roll member to get member of the week, concluding I'm just the average member.

You have to be like the Honor roll member to get member of the week, concluding I'm just the average member.

I think it helps if you're handy with the puns.

I was of the generation that had a Countach, 959 and a Testarossa on my bedroom wall...

100% me. Guess we are both the same age +/- 4 years...

I had those on my wall as a kid and I'm sure I'm a fair bit younger than you both you and DQuaN.

I have been confused by this for a while, where do you actually nominate someone?

Is it by PM to T-12 or in a thread?

Back