Official JGTC S5 Sign Up Thread **Deadline To Join Fri 06/29**

Message from the admin :

SLACKERS STAY AWAY FROM MY SERIES

Now in it's 5th season the JGTC series is looking for another successful showing. Built with a good core of veterans sticking season after season, the administration is also always looking for new rookies and prospects. Very challenging series with a highly skilled field of drivers, this is the main and only place to test your competences in GT4 online racing. The pace of the top players will make you a better driver by stimulating yourself to get closer and closer to the top each week and shrink the gap between you and them. Looking to face a tough competition? Looking to improve your skills? Looking to have fun with a bunch of good guys? Then look no further the JGTC series was custom made for all your needs.

10 Rounds
1 week for qualif
1 week for main race

Week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday night @ 8:00PM EST

QUALIF

3 Laps Single Race
No penalties based on performance
RH-RM-RS tires
Strong tire wear
Weight penalty in effect
Air restrictor in place (if any at that point)
AI @ your choice from -10% to +10%
Forced pit in entry penalty system

PTS : 4-3-2-1-1
Fast Lap : 1 pt for the fastest
+10 secs penalty on race time for missed qualification for EVERYONE

RACE

40-45 mins
Penalties based on performance
RH-RM-RS tires
Strong tire wear
Weight penalty in effect
Air restrictor in place (if any at that point)
AI @ the X setting given on RM
Forced pit in entry penalty system for EVERY track

PTS : 14-11-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Fast lap : 1 pt for the top 3 (1-1-1)

The general drivers standings and the teams standings will both be counted individually and separately. The solo drivers are not going to come into play in the teams standings since the available points for the championship will take the order of the team drivers only. Only for the main race results this format of points counting will be in use, qualif & fast lap will use the entire fields results for teams standings attribution.

WEIGHT PENALTY

1st +5% 2nd +3% 3rd +1%
4th/5th/6th : 0
7th/8th : -1%
9th/10th : -2%
11th and lower : -3%

AIR RESTRICTOR

The winning driver will have a -1% hp air restrictor penalty in place for the next round. This penalty will be in effect for the next 3 races and then dropped after that determined period of time. Exp : A driver winning R3 will get -1% hp for rounds 4-5-6 and on R7 he'll see his power come back to normal. A driver winning again in that 3 races penalty period will gain another -1% hp but the longest a penalty (-1%) will hit will be 3 races.

CAR LINEUP

1) 2) 3) 4)

5) 6) 7)

1) ASL ARTA Garaiya '03
2) Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01
3) RE AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04
4) Subaru CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '03
5) Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car '01
6) Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
7) Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03

SCHEDULE

Round 1 :
Track : Apricot Hill Raceway - 3.86km

Round 2 :
Track : Fuji Speedway 2005 GT - 4.53km

Round 3 :
Track : Special Stage Route 5 - 3.79km

Round 4 :
Track : Autumn Ring - 2.95km

Round 5 :
Track : Grand Valley Speedway - 4.94km

Round 6 :
Track : Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course - 4.80km

Round 7 :
Track : Côte D'Azur - 3.35km

Round 8
Track : Mid-Field Raceway - 3.56km

Round 9 :
Track : Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 3.60km

Round 10 :
Track : Suzuka Circuit - 5.81km

Application form I'm looking to get :

GTP username :
Solo driver/Team driver :
Replay proof : AR Max, Max drive etc..
NTSC or PAL :
Controller : (DS2 or Wheel)

GT online racing league experience :
Reference : who informed you about this series, put returning driver if you're a past driver
Ambitions/goals :

Each application posted in this thread will be reviewed by me and then approved or rejected.

APPROVED JGTC S5 DRIVERS

eatsviper4lunch
Tyre King
Drew22
oldphart
ejr_1
ICallShotgun
ZeratulSG
GTXDriver
chollo9
CAMikaze
Delfino

WAITING LIST

gz

If it's possible for you guys to put a link to this thread in your sig and promote the series on this forum and others as well.

Big thank you. 👍

GTP username :Tyre King (AKA Ballstothewall)
Solo driver/Team driver :Team driver with Drew22
Replay proof : Max drive (finally found one on the net)
NTSC or PAL :PAL
Controller : DFP
GT online racing league experience : LOTS, 2 seasons of JGTC, WRS, LMS x2, DTM season 1, etc
Reference : Returning driver
Ambitions/goals : To keep plugging away, and get the team win with Andy this year. Oh yeah and kick the butts of Simpson racing.

GTP username :Drew22
Solo driver/Team driver :Team driver
Replay proof :Max drive
NTSC or PAL :NTSC
GT online racing league experience :LOTS, 3 seasons JGTC, WRS, LMS x2, DTM season 1, etc
Reference : returning driver
Ambitions/goals : To be slightly faster than the speed of smell this year, and kick the butts of Simpson racing!

We bagsie an Asparadrink RX-7 each please!:bowdown: :bowdown: :cool:

If it's possible for you guys to put a link to this thread in your sig and promote the series on this forum and others as well.

Big thank you. 👍

Done!

Hey Eats, I really like the track selection...well done buddy!!!

Thanks partner for signing us up....bollocks to the Simpsons :)

Ok good, since I don't really know much about you two guys I'll put you on the waiting list and go check your past history with participation in online race series. Hope you did not quit in the past because you won't enter my series that's for sure. :D :lol:

Pray that I don't land on a real active teammate once more because otherwise I'll challenge big time the top of the teams standings. Won't be a walk in the park for Simpson racing. :D :D Welcome back Neil & Andy. :cheers:

GTP username : oldphart

Solo driver/Team driver : Team - Simpson Racing
Replay proof : AR Max, Max drive etc.. AR Max - if I can get a router
NTSC or PAL : NTSC
Controller : (DS2 or Wheel) - Wheel - DFP

GT online racing league experience : 2 seasons JGTC, 2 seasons LMS,1x DTM, WRS
Reference : returning driver
Ambitions/goals : Keep my shoe in the Drewpy Balls's shorts !

👍 set of tracks this season boss
Looking forward to another great season !
Will try and figure out how to add this to my sig 👍
Not sure on the car that Lazlo wanted, thinking it's the Celica ? will let you know as soon as 👍

and yes, we're all in trouble if you actually get a teammate that runs the whole season :nervous:

GTP username : ejr_1

Solo driver/Team driver : Solo
Replay proof : none
Controller : DS2

GT online racing league experience : JGTC, V8's, several other defunct series...
Reference : returning
Ambitions/goals : Have fun. Simple enuf? YAH

(good to be back ;))

Eats,

Here's my entry. Hopefully one of these guys will vouch for me, ...maybe. :nervous:

GTP username : chollo9

Solo driver/Team driver : Solo now, hopefully will team-up with someone
Replay proof : None, but can get a Max drive, no problem

GT online racing league experience : GTPLMS current season, GT2, submitted everything on time and on the podium every race
Reference : From the word on the street, and it says JGTC is the place to be.
Ambitions/goals : Fast, clean, smooth laps.

And the link to the series will be added to the sig, for sure.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey guys. Not quite sure yet, but if someone needs a teammate, I may be willing to step up and for a team with them. :)

''SLACKERS STAY AWAY FROM MY SERIES''

Dels currently racing in the GTPLMS .. has signed up for the Formula GT and the next DTM series .. so i guess considering my previous history with JGTC .. it counts me out .

Grrr... I wish I would have the time!!! It looks soooooo good this season!!!

GTP username : ICallShotgun

Solo driver/Team driver : Solo (for now)
Replay proof : None
Controller : DS2 and loving it.

GT online racing league experience : I've done it all
Ambitions/goals : More podiums...felt good to get one last year!

GTP username: ZeratulSG

Solo driver/Team driver: Solo
Replay proof: None
NTSC or PAL: PAL
Controller: DFP

GT online racing league experience: WRS, JGTC
Reference: JGTC Veteran :)
Ambitions/goals: To defend the JGTC S4 Drivers Championship

@Eats: Are we selecting cars at this time?

GTP username :GTXDriver

Solo driver/Team driver :TEAM - with oldphart in Simpson Racing 👍
Replay proof :Max drive,finally:dopey:
NTSC or PAL :PAL
Controller: DS2

GT online racing league experience :JGTC S3&S4,LMS S1&S2,DTM
Reference :returning driver
Ambitions/goals :Some podiums and beat the Comedy drivers...AGAIN :D

Hey Joe, glad you're running this season, you're gonna enjoy the JGTC, the playing field gets evened out quickly which makes for a close and exciting series. Just watch your rearview for those Simpson guys...they're pure evil :)

By the way Eats, when are we gonna start??

GTP username : DELFINO
Solo driver/Team driver : SOLO
Replay proof : NONE but looking for a max drive { hard to come by in australia }
NTSC or PAL : PAL
Controller : DFP/DS2
GT online racing league experience : GTPLMS
Ambitions/goals : PODIUMS ON MY FAVOURITE TRACKS .. GAIN SOME RESPECT BY FINISHING THIS SERIES

Hey Joe, glad you're running this season, you're gonna enjoy the JGTC, the playing field gets evened out quickly which makes for a close and exciting series. Just watch your rearview for those Simpson guys...they're pure evil :)

Joe,don't believe everything you hear...I think we are the good guys.:sly:
We needed to push hard in last season because of those Drewpyballers.To be honest to you I am waiting for the new season to fight against them again.Do you understand this situation?:indiff:
Maybe I like these guys?:ill:

I've just realized that SIMPSON RACING really exists.They are making racing shoes...
Maybe we need to change our name?

okay, my participation in this series is 100% dependant on if my mail arrives, if i get a new g25 wheel, so if i take someone's car, please feel free to take it if I have not verified the arrival of sir wheelie.
EDIT again, you know, i really dont think im gona be able to get in on this one... GTPd1gp was an uber drop off a cliff :ouch:
GTP username : Tulok

Solo driver/Team driver : SOLO - Mr. G behind the wheel
Replay proof : recorded DVD from a dvd player
Controller : wheel

GT online racing league experience : WDS, failed GTPd1gp miserably because I had school, and a total loss of computer time...it's summertime now, though, so I can sit at home as much as I want.
Reference : i saw JGTC and I came running, <3 Super GT!
Ambitions/goals : Have fun, not get last, not miss a race! I also want to accomplish making this compettion more fun than it would be without me!

Can someoen explain teams for me, do we race the same car, and enter two lap times, or trade off races?

Hey Joe, glad you're running this season, you're gonna enjoy the JGTC, the playing field gets evened out quickly which makes for a close and exciting series.

Thanks Andy, I'm looking forward to it, and I'm glad to hear you're back, whoops, I mean returned. :)

And what's the story between Drewpyballs (is it Drewpytyre now?) and Simpson racing? I want to know both sides (lemme know GTX).

Joe

okay, my participation in this series is 100% dependant on if my mail arrives...

Heh-heh,I think it is 100 % dependant on eats, boy...:)
It's not your decision that you'll race here but his choice.
I don't want to dissuade you from participation in this series but it will take 20 weeks,that's about 5 months,so I think the school will be here again while the championship still goes on...Anyway,I like your attitude,but if you say you won't miss any race then you must race every round.

There is something else...don't take offense at it,please...your name in Hungarian means "bullock".:)

Well Joe,you'll be dissapointed when you are waiting for a bloody story...
I can call this symptom "healthy racing spirit" and nothing else.:)
We knows each others very well,we shared our results in PM's (of course not here in the JGTC),gave advices in settings,tyre strategy and so on.It's a kind of "on-line friendship". :sly:
This team-thing is not so old,It began in the last season of JGTC when Andy and Neil put their heads together and established their team under this very funny and neat name...:dopey:
The other team (oldphart and me) name came from our avatar.We took it independently from each other a Simpson-avatar "somewhere" in time.I think it's funny too.
It is a good sign that everyone wants to beat the Simpsons in the Team championship.Everyone wants to win here so I think everyone will push on 120 % compared with his/her abailities and this will make better not this championship but the Driver's championship too.👍

While I'm all for the concept of teams, I'm just curious when the Team Championship became more important than the Drivers Championship :odd:

I mean, do people care more if McLaren beat Ferrari, or if Lewis beats Alonso?

Just a thought...

While I'm all for the concept of teams, I'm just curious when the Team Championship became more important than the Drivers Championship :odd:

I mean, do people care more if McLaren beat Ferrari, or if Lewis beats Alonso?

Just a thought...

Not more important but as important as the Driver's championship is.
Personally I'd like to beat you Steve.:) And I will do everything to hunt you down. 👍
Just a thought...

ooh, so I'm bullock now?
ok, let me rephrase that, If Eats allows me in, I may have to withdraw before the race series starts ;)

Hello everybody - here's my application :

GTP username : Gz

Solo driver/Team driver : Solo ( unless invited to a team :) )
Replay proof : almost none :ouch: ( TV Screen photo or movie )
NTSC or PAL : PAL
Controller : DS2

GT online racing league experience : really a newcomer :scared:, I'm just beginning with the Gent's Agreement series, hosted the Genova Trial Mountain Challenge. I will also partecipate to Historic Gr.C Championship and Le Mans Face Off.
Reference : I came here by means of Tyre King's signature
Ambitions/goals : don't think I can win anything here, I just hope I won't look too bad compared to more experienced drivers :), and have fun driving the Garaiya or the Rx-7 ... ( well, I also hope I'll improve a little )

Back