Official Shift 2 Physics General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 190 comments
100% done and dusted. Though the xp bar was full by about 40% of career mode. The drift series was the last thing I did - took a while to get the hang of it.:nervous:

Now sitting at 82% game competition.:sly:

About to hit Works World Tour and Works Championship, still missing the McLaren Only Event, GT3 and GT1...👍

I think the best part of the game is just ahead :)

Did you get something after getting 100% ???

No, max XP was the last prize money/car. You get to win cars for beating the rivals - Jamie Campbell-Walter's GTR is a bit special!
There could have been a trophy, but I can't remember.

Keep trying the McLaren event:tup:
Once you've reached 100%, stick the difficulty on to hard, car handling on to Elite, then re-do all the time attacks and hot laps:scared:
Great fun!

Really enjoyed the Works tour:tup: By the end of the game, I had finally mastered the Miami tracks - love 'em!

Last edited:
I picked up this game cheap for a bit of fun and after some time spent tuning setups and controller settings, im really in the groove now. It's a pretty solid game, I think im actually having more fun than GT5.

I think if the developers hadn't mucked up the stock controller set up out of the box, and did little things like defaulting tyre pressures to more sensible levels, this game would have been far more popular than it was. Shame really, alot of people wrote it off before getting chance to experience it fully.

Ill go back to GT5 once I get my new G27 set up, and do a proper comparison. In the mean time, back to lapping Mount Panorama!

:)

Yay!!! :D

I really don't care if it's realistic or not. It's fun. The physics are extremely quirky. I love a racing game with a sense of humor.

They were not trying to have a sense of humor. There was a thing on nfs.com about 3 months after it came out that there was a problem with the physics and that there was a patch for the pc to fix it. They also said that every other system had to "deal with it".

No, max XP was the last prize money/car. You get to win cars for beating the rivals - Jamie Campbell-Walter's GTR is a bit special!
There could have been a trophy, but I can't remember.

Keep trying the McLaren event:tup:
Once you've reached 100%, stick the difficulty on to hard, car handling on to Elite, then re-do all the time attacks and hot laps:scared:
Great fun!

Really enjoyed the Works tour:tup: By the end of the game, I had finally mastered the Miami tracks - love 'em!

The McLaren event was a total b:censored: 2nd race in Donnington Park was incredibly hard! :scared:

Also did yesterday the Works City Tour & Works Championship... great, challenging races too 👍

Now I'm only missing GT3 and GT1... :drool: (also missing a few drift events and eduros, but I'm not planning to do them :crazy:)

The McLaren event was a total b:censored: 2nd race in Donnington Park was incredibly hard! :scared:

Also did yesterday the Works City Tour & Works Championship... great, challenging races too 👍

Now I'm only missing GT3 and GT1... :drool: (also missing a few drift events and eduros, but I'm not planning to do them :crazy:)

Keep on going!👍
Reading your post makes me want get Shift 2 on again!

Keep on going!👍
Reading your post makes me want get Shift 2 on again!

FIA GT3 done :)👍... won all races with the R8 LMS E-Wolf Car... didn't have much problem with the GT3 events, except for Bathurst :crazy: Crashed twice, and barely got a 3rd place...

Got the Maserati MC12 for GT1, which is, regardless to say... an absolute monster :drool: It accelerates like a maniac and it's very hard to control :scared:, but it's insanely fun!!! :dopey:

Hey MoLiEG, agreed on the Maserati - a total beast.👍 I added camber to the rear tires, maxed out the aero, and stiffened the rear suspension to make it less tail-happy.
Bathurst is completely unforgiving - more on the uphill section than the down hill - and the right-hand kink after the straight at the bottom of the hill...wiped out too many times there!:nervous:

Hey MoLiEG, agreed on the Maserati - a total beast.👍 I added camber to the rear tires, maxed out the aero, and stiffened the rear suspension to make it less tail-happy.
Bathurst is completely unforgiving - more on the uphill section than the down hill - and the right-hand kink after the straight at the bottom of the hill...wiped out too many times there!:nervous:

Agreed on Bathurst... completely unforgiving... one single mistake on the braking spots on both uphill and downhill sections can ruin a race... and since the Maserati has a lot of grip, its easy to get too confident... :scared:

Haven't played in a while (2 weeks) due to time limitations, but I'll pick it again soon enough ;) Can't wait to crush that guy on the GTR....

Latest Posts

Back