Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
Fuel mix 6 gets you round the race distance today, with enough spare to go to 5 or maybe 4 for the final lap. You'll get better if you short shift.

Ed - I'm just going to pretend I knew that the next round of this is on the 29th of June.
Don't worry. I forgot that we have a month break, too. :lol:

I had decided against coming to a race the Toyota GR Supra GT Cup. I cite creative differences regarding the condition of the races.

Funny watching those Supra Cup races; all the cars pitching sideways out of slow corners. What an absolutely hopeless car

Funny watching those Supra Cup races; all the cars pitching sideways out of slow corners. What an absolutely hopeless car
Have you tried the Supra after the update? It feels easier to deal with now.

Finally. I'm tired of the car trying to kill me.

Have you tried the Supra after the update? It feels easier to deal with now
Just gave it a shot. Holy crap this is an entirely different beast. The rear will still step out on occasion but it's MUCH easier to control. Dare I say it, the car is actually fun to drive now. Looking forward to the next race and I would not have said that before the update...

Just gave it a shot. Holy crap this is an entirely different beast. The rear will still step out on occasion but it's MUCH easier to control. Dare I say it, the car is actually fun to drive now. Looking forward to the next race and I would not have said that before the update...
Yeah this car really is something else now. Definitely easier to push it now. I'll try it out on Catalunya again sometime this week, as the pre-update Supra was absolutely miserable on that track.

Best of luck! I don't plan on doing anymore races for this league, but feel free to let me know how it goes. :cheers:

Its definitely a whole heap better however IMO it makes it driveable and competitive and you're not not fighting the car all the time, however to me it doesnt make it enjoyable to drive.

I would stick with the JZA80 myself.

Car is fun to drive now. I'm a tenth off top10, I couldn't even come close before. Feels like they fixed the diff issues becaue it's much hard to spin just one wheel now. The car actually likes to hold a drift.

Haven’t driven the car since they changed the handling, not looking forward to it if it’s easier to drive now. It driving terribly was the only way I was competitive before.

Also forgot I still have to get my SR back up to 99 today from 68, been procrastinating doing that for 2 weeks. Haven’t played GTS at all in that time.

No-stopped from 11th to 2nd back to, er, 9th. Fun race. Got stuck in some inevitable bumping in the opening lap or two which slowed me down and really hindered the strategy, not helped by having to be in fuel mode 6 because I can't short shift.

Haven’t driven the car since they changed the handling, not looking forward to it if it’s easier to drive now. It driving terribly was the only way I was competitive before.

Also forgot I still have to get my SR back up to 99 today from 68, been procrastinating doing that for 2 weeks. Haven’t played GTS at all in that time.
It's a lot easier to drive. You can push it a bit more before it starts to slide around.

It was tough out there today, managed to scrape 5th after getting stuck behind the worst driver I’ve encountered in this championship so far. One of those where you’re not sure if he’s actually aware of the cars around him, was more like offensive driving rather that defensive. He went off at the last turn but kept his foot in and tried to take me out as I went past. Got a little tap but didn’t really effect me. I expected better from a DR.A lobby.

Sounds like a Map 6 no-stopper is in my future. Hopefully it's not too messy out there.
I ran map 5 from the start, short shifting around 5,500 or 6000 in lower gears. Also shift up when flowing and not making up ground. Saved enough fuel to go map 1 for the last lap. (You need 25% of a tank for a full tilt lap.)
Also DO NOT rev your engine while waiting on the grid as it wastes fuel. I tend to rev up when all the lights are on.

Qualifying was a nightmare, totally missed my braking point for turn 1, second flyer I missed the braking for turn 2, third flyer got a 0.5 second penalty for running wide on the straight between turn four and five. Lucky for me it gave me the lap time as I ran out of fuel on my final attempt, so P5 was fortuitous.
The race went; guy in P4 gets a false start penalty, the two leaders tangle and I'm in second after less than half a lap. The leader serves a 5 second penalty and I am too close to him and get passed on the outside approaching the penultimate turn. Still in second at the start of lap 3, the leader runs really wide at turn 1 but is unpenalized, I close up a little and run wide between turn 4 and 5 again and he's too far ahead after that, pitted at end of lap 4, managed to pass three no-stoppers to finish 2nd, nice surprise, better surprise was the 1200 points my DR improved by.

Last edited:
Didn't get a good lap in during qualifying due to traffic, then completely botched the start like a noob. Fuel saving all the way on map 5 and dealing with backmarkers that weren't. Fell back to 15th then slowly made my way back up as others pit. Watched @bloodyboyblue get straight drilled on the last lap for no reason and went from 4th to 2nd. Video of the BS that unfolded in front of me on the last lap uploading...

IMG_20190629_143408.jpg

Didn't get a good lap in during qualifying due to traffic, then completely botched the start like a noob. Fuel saving all the way on map 5 and dealing with backmarkers that weren't. Fell back to 15th then slowly made my way back up as others pit. Watched @bloodyboyblue get straight drilled on the last lap for no reason and went from 4th to 2nd. Video of the BS that unfolded in front of me on the last lap uploading...

View attachment 832146

He was crying because his strategy didn’t work out. He swerved across the track to block me so I didn’t have much choice but to rub him a bit as I went by, so I expected to be torpedoed in the next corner and I wasn’t disappointed. Then after taking me out he swerved across the track and took out as many people as possible in the midpack before the end of the race, that’s how I ended up still finishing 11th, since he took out about 5 other people in the last 2 corners. He just couldn’t see through the tears in his eyes.

@QTip8329Wags you were lucky, that’s all I’ll say. I had the strategy in that race perfected and was going to be right on your bumper at the end.

I had the strategy in that race perfected and was going to be right on your bumper at the end.
Definitely would have been a good fight if I hadn't jumped the start by like 2 whole seconds. :lol:

Here's the video. I saw him block, mess up the corner entry and you got under him. A small rub, nothing terrible just a racing thing and then he just went straight psycho. :rolleyes:

Definitely would have been a good fight if I hadn't jumped the start by like 2 whole seconds. :lol:

Here's the video. I saw him block, mess up the corner entry and you got under him. A small rub, nothing terrible just a racing thing and then he just went straight psycho. :rolleyes:

Damn that’s nasty! Did you save enough fuel to go full tilt on the last lap?

Wow, that wasn't cool. Block to straight psycho, very accurate description. :lol: Very unfortunate for bloodyboyblue.

Practice lobby race I had a nice 13:01, but in the real thing traffic was really nasty. Qualified poorly and had to struggle in battles dropping the overall pace a lot.

IMG_20190629_152624.jpg

NA top split results for comparison

unknown.png

That's like a second and half per lap slower pace that I should have pulled off :(

It was still mostly enjoyable, but I wish the races were longer, 7 laps is nothing...

@QTip8329Wags you were lucky, that’s all I’ll say. I had the strategy in that race perfected and was going to be right on your bumper at the end.

I saw that we were lobbied together, nice change from RINSKY's and Whiteflight's endurance races. Total pit time with tires was roughly 38 seconds, no pitting was key and fuel management was a must. Kept on setting 3 until we reached the top then flipped up to 6 on the downhill, finished with 0.0 full remaining at fuel throttle from P3 to P1. Almost lost strategy due to over-revving when a person trying to pit from the outside turned across into me while diving for the pit. Caught a 2 second penalty for some reason but everyone was still either fuel saving or tire saving at the end. Taking tires and using fuel setting 1 the entire race results in 36-40 seconds in the pits plus the time it takes to accelerate and slow for pit exit and entry. I enjoy the fuel settings because it creates closer competition with everyone being more cautious and precise with their driving to make it a no stop race. Learned to single stint Mt. Panorama after practicing with some Japanese players who single stinted practice races with ease. Great race overall in terms of sportsmanship up until the end, that was a clear shunt in the top mirror. No excuse for that kind of racing.

Bottled my quali lap so started near the back, did most of the race in mix 5 but there were a couple of front runners who didn't do too bad with a pitstop. Made up a few positions so a pretty ok race in the end. This race was way too short though.

Back