Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by AKps3, Mar 15, 2019.

1. HellzFire

HellzFire

Putting on the same day as FIA races is a terrible decision.

Put it on Sundays, 2 slots for disconnections. Perfect.

Weak draft is awful, but it doesnt matter complaining about it anymore, we have been doing for the last 1.5 years, non Gr1/2/3/4 races are all with weak draft so, yeah.

The Cake, dlshearon, ASH32 and 2 others like this.
  2. darth_tails

darth_tails

This is part of the reason I decided not to partake in the FIA championship as I knew this one would be clashing with it and the Supra races are of much interest to me.

I'd better get to work though as not long to make my car livery for the races.

3. ASH32

ASH32

Yes what's with the obsession of putting every event on the same day, so stupid, would be much better to spread them out. Maybe I'd enter more then but who knows because I'm just grid filler in the top splits and I get less points than people winning way lower quality races so there is little incentive for players of my level to participate when you have 0% chance of winning and a high chance of picking up a very low number of points (if any).

dlshearon, LeGeNd-1, Dezcom and 4 others like this.
  4. Venster

Venster

Exactly, I definitely won’t be sitting down on a Saturday afternoon to enter this. I can guarantee I won’t be available for any. I wish they would spread all the championships out a bit, why do all on a couple days, surely it just limits the player base.

dlshearon and bloodyboyblue like this.
  5. MrCooper

MrCooper

If it works the same way as the FIA Nations Cup[0], it'll be best five out of 13 rounds.

[0] That tallied best two after five rounds, so they seem to strictly round up if the division of rounds results in any non-0 remainder. Which makes some sense, otherwise it would work out to 0 rounds tallied after the first round. :lol:

6. eAxis Patohm

eAxis Patohm

lol, why is the first round on Sunday - the rest on Saturday? wtf ^^

dlshearon likes this.
  7. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Is every country elegible for the final event, or same restrictions as in the FIA events?

8. Lazybike

Lazybike

Will these races have the same penalty system as FIA/dailies?

9. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

This’ll basically be an extension of the FIA races, run in the same way, so I imagine it’ll have all the same procedures and rules

Lazybike likes this.
  10. Lazybike

Lazybike

Having tried N500 on X30 tyre wear today, I think the Supra will be OK with X23.

11. 05XR8

05XR8

Many real race series race on a Sunday. What's the problem?

Anyway, I set an initial time of 58.9. Love this car. Glad we can use our own liveries.

12. Auditore

Auditore

Would love to see a 10 year old in the finals :lol:

dlshearon and bloodyboyblue like this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

How 'bout a 6 year old? :sly:

dlshearon likes this.
  14. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

I'm confused on what the actual race day is but planning on racing the series is giving me a headache. If it is on Saturday, then I have to be prepared for both FIA and Supra but if it is on Sunday, I can't race because of the time the race is. I guess I can't be selfish. If the community wants the races on Sunday at the current time then so be it. I can sit out of this series and be a fan.

15. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

Feedback Item #1: Get a Left Hand Drive version in-game ASAP. (unless, of course, they're going to sell it in the States with RHD?)

dlshearon likes this.
  16. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I'm going to say that the table showing "Rd.1 - 28 April" (and in turn the news item headline @Famine) is incorrect.

In-game it says Round 1 is the 27th.
    gran-turismo.com says it's the 27th ("The 'GR Supra GT Cup', held for the first time this year, will consist of 13 Rounds online starting from 27 April").
    The 'external link' says it's the 27th (https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/e-motorsports/).
    And every other race is a Saturday - which is the 27th.

*Edit to add notification.*

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  17. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

I think that’s just for Asia and Oceania for some reason, on the American site it says the 28th, and I imagine the European site says it as well since that’s where Famine got it from.

Who knows. The 27th is more logical.

dlshearon likes this.
  18. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

To be honest I hadn't considered that.

Checking the other countries sites, I still think the "28" in the table is a typo.
    The US site of gran-turismo.com has slightly different wording, but still says the 27th.
    " ... the first annual GR Supra GT Cup, featuring the GR Supra RZ, will begin on April 27 and consist of 13 rounds."

19. VInclination

VInclination

For the point of discussion, please define "DS4". I am new to Sim Racing terminology. Thanks.

Where do you go to sign up? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2019
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Participation requirements Owner of the Gran Turismo Sport for PS4® and PS4®software and also a GR Supra owner on the Gran Turismo. Participants must be six years old or older*3

Clean Racer and TurboTacho like this.
  21. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

My first thought as well. Spending 3 hours on the trot with full concentration is just brutal, even with the breaks in between races. Even worse if you're planning multiple attempts at the Nations/Manu Cup. Because of that I don't think a lot of people will participate in the Supra, as there's less tangible reward compared to the other 2 Championships.

What they should have done is integrate the Supra races into the Nations Cup, which I assume they were going to do with the Round 9 race (Supra at Kyoto). Make a separate leaderboard with all the Supra races only to calculate the winner, but otherwise your points counts toward Nations Cup as usual.

22. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

If you go to Point Rankings in-game, it mentions that "Only 1/3 of the total [13] Rounds will be tallied."
    This just makes me want to skip both rounds of Nurburgring 24h. :lol:

23. Snaeper

Snaeper Premium

I'm highly interested in this series, far more than the FIA events which I have yet to participate in.

Playstation's standard controller.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  24. Famine

Famine Administrator

Notifications don't work in edits :D

I've rechecked this. The tables on the AU site, the US site and the GB site all say April 28, while the copy on each (and the images) say April 27. My European, Asian and American accounts all have April 27 in-game. I've amended the article accordingly.

bloodyboyblue likes this.
  25. Dimitri

Dimitri

Am i the only one that finds this car terrible to drive? I love the idea of the series, but if we can’t change chassis settings, I don’t consider participating.

LeGeNd-1 likes this.
  26. VInclination

VInclination

Awesome, thank you.

Thank you so much.

27. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

Its not referring to mental age. Youre ok.

TheNuvolari likes this.
  28. maxredute

maxredute

The widebody Supra blew up at it's first show.

29. dimassa19

dimassa19

No... Giger's Alien is terrible... ;)

30. Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Any word of just how many people per region will actually qualify?