Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
Putting on the same day as FIA races is a terrible decision.

Put it on Sundays, 2 slots for disconnections. Perfect.

Weak draft is awful, but it doesnt matter complaining about it anymore, we have been doing for the last 1.5 years, non Gr1/2/3/4 races are all with weak draft so, yeah.

Weak draft is awful, but it doesnt matter complaining about it anymore, we have been doing for the last 1.5 years, non Gr1/2/3/4 races are all with weak draft so, yeah.

This is part of the reason I decided not to partake in the FIA championship as I knew this one would be clashing with it and the Supra races are of much interest to me.

I'd better get to work though as not long to make my car livery for the races.

Yes what's with the obsession of putting every event on the same day, so stupid, would be much better to spread them out. Maybe I'd enter more then but who knows because I'm just grid filler in the top splits and I get less points than people winning way lower quality races so there is little incentive for players of my level to participate when you have 0% chance of winning and a high chance of picking up a very low number of points (if any).

Yes what's with the obsession of putting every event on the same day, so stupid, would be much better to spread them out. Maybe I'd enter more then but who knows because I'm just grid filler in the top splits and I get less points than people winning way lower quality races so there is little incentive for players of my level to participate when you have 0% chance of winning and a high chance of picking up a very low number of points (if any).

Exactly, I definitely won’t be sitting down on a Saturday afternoon to enter this. I can guarantee I won’t be available for any. I wish they would spread all the championships out a bit, why do all on a couple days, surely it just limits the player base.

At the moment, the game says that "only 1/3 of the total rounds will be tallied". That suggests it's best four.
If it works the same way as the FIA Nations Cup[0], it'll be best five out of 13 rounds.

[0] That tallied best two after five rounds, so they seem to strictly round up if the division of rounds results in any non-0 remainder. Which makes some sense, otherwise it would work out to 0 rounds tallied after the first round. :lol:

I'm confused on what the actual race day is but planning on racing the series is giving me a headache. If it is on Saturday, then I have to be prepared for both FIA and Supra but if it is on Sunday, I can't race because of the time the race is. I guess I can't be selfish. If the community wants the races on Sunday at the current time then so be it. I can sit out of this series and be a fan.

I'm going to say that the table showing "Rd.1 - 28 April" (and in turn the news item headline @Famine) is incorrect.

In-game it says Round 1 is the 27th.
gran-turismo.com says it's the 27th ("The 'GR Supra GT Cup', held for the first time this year, will consist of 13 Rounds online starting from 27 April").
The 'external link' says it's the 27th (https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/e-motorsports/).
And every other race is a Saturday - which is the 27th.

*Edit to add notification.*

Last edited:
I'm going to say that the table showing "Rd.1 - 28 April" (and in turn the news item headline @Famine) is wrong.

gran-turismo.com says it's the 27th ("The 'GR Supra GT Cup', held for the first time this year, will consist of 13 Rounds online starting from 27 April").
The 'external link' says it's the 27th (https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/e-motorsports/).

I think that’s just for Asia and Oceania for some reason, on the American site it says the 28th, and I imagine the European site says it as well since that’s where Famine got it from.

Who knows. The 27th is more logical.

I think that’s just for Asia and Oceania for some reason, on the American site it says the 28th, and I imagine the European site says it as well since that’s where Famine got it from.

To be honest I hadn't considered that.

Checking the other countries sites, I still think the "28" in the table is a typo.
The US site of gran-turismo.com has slightly different wording, but still says the 27th.
" ... the first annual GR Supra GT Cup, featuring the GR Supra RZ, will begin on April 27 and consist of 13 rounds."

Great. It's one-make so we don't have to worry about the draft/lottery problems in previous Nations Cup events. The final is at a place I really enjoyed last year and would be happy to return to. And the FAQ goes out of it's way to say that DS4's will be permitted, so there's a much lower chance that they would ban it at the live event. I'm definitely going to compete in this one, and it may become my main focus this year depending on the format of championships and whether or not they will allow DS4's at their live event finals.
For the point of discussion, please define "DS4". I am new to Sim Racing terminology. Thanks.

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing (TGR) announces that it will enter e-motorsports with the launch of GR Supra GT Cup for PlayStation®*14 (PS4®).
The Gran Turismo Sport that is the first global one-make race, starts in April 2019. As part of our e-motorsports activities, we also will become an official partner of the FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships, an online championship for the Gran Turismo real driving simulator series that is hosted in partnership with the FIA (the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile).

https://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2019/e-motorsports/0315-01.html

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3547515.html

View attachment 806834

View attachment 806835

TOYOTA & Gran Turismo Trackside Talk (16.03.2019)

Where do you go to sign up? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one time slot seems a bit silly, they better hope they have their servers in tip top shape or else there will be some unhappy players.

I’m excited for this but not excited about having to spend 3 hours of a Saturday in summer inside playing GT when there’s plenty of better things to do. I wish they could learn to stagger things throughout the week instead of piling them all on 2 evenngs

My first thought as well. Spending 3 hours on the trot with full concentration is just brutal, even with the breaks in between races. Even worse if you're planning multiple attempts at the Nations/Manu Cup. Because of that I don't think a lot of people will participate in the Supra, as there's less tangible reward compared to the other 2 Championships.

What they should have done is integrate the Supra races into the Nations Cup, which I assume they were going to do with the Round 9 race (Supra at Kyoto). Make a separate leaderboard with all the Supra races only to calculate the winner, but otherwise your points counts toward Nations Cup as usual.

If it works the same way as the FIA Nations Cup[0], it'll be best five out of 13 rounds.

[0] That tallied best two after five rounds, so they seem to strictly round up if the division of rounds results in any non-0 remainder. Which makes some sense, otherwise it would work out to 0 rounds tallied after the first round. :lol:
If you go to Point Rankings in-game, it mentions that "Only 1/3 of the total [13] Rounds will be tallied."
This just makes me want to skip both rounds of Nurburgring 24h. :lol:

I'm highly interested in this series, far more than the FIA events which I have yet to participate in.

For the point of discussion, please define "DS4". I am new to Sim Racing terminology. Thanks.
Playstation's standard controller.

Last edited:
I'm going to say that the table showing "Rd.1 - 28 April" (and in turn the news item headline @Famine) is incorrect.

*Edit to add notification.*

To be honest I hadn't considered that.

Checking the other countries sites, I still think the "28" in the table is a typo.
The US site of gran-turismo.com has slightly different wording, but still says the 27th.
" ... the first annual GR Supra GT Cup, featuring the GR Supra RZ, will begin on April 27 and consist of 13 rounds."
Notifications don't work in edits :D

I've rechecked this. The tables on the AU site, the US site and the GB site all say April 28, while the copy on each (and the images) say April 27. My European, Asian and American accounts all have April 27 in-game. I've amended the article accordingly.

Am i the only one that finds this car terrible to drive? I love the idea of the series, but if we can’t change chassis settings, I don’t consider participating.

Participation requirements Owner of the Gran Turismo Sport for PS4® and PS4®software and also a GR Supra owner on the Gran Turismo. Participants must be six years old or older*3
Awesome, thank you.

I'm highly interested in this series, far more than the FIA events which I have yet to participate in.

Playstation's standard controller.
Thank you so much.

Back