Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
So far, the first two circuits look to be locked in

D4memraU8AATWpG.jpg

Are there going to be racing numbers on the cars in this? In the picture on the Sport menu the cars have numbers, but there's nothing on them when you're in practice mode.

I suspect there will be the usual race numbers along with probably a Supra event badge maybe.

Now actually working on my livery so I'm going to work on the basis it will stick a number plate over the usual spots and
design my own number plaque around it so I can see both.

Thank you @Igor Fraga that was a treat.:bowdown:

Saw some new details in the news section
Details Released for the GR Supra GT Cup

The GR Supra GT Cup, the first global one-make championship series to appear in Gran Turismo Sport, is officially on! As part of the e-Motorsport activities that Toyota GAZOO Racing has started this year, the first annual GR Supra GT Cup, featuring the GR Supra RZ, will begin on April 27 and consist of 13 rounds. The top players from the rankings will move onto the Final, a live event scheduled for this autumn that will determine the inaugural champion.

Also, this online one-make series will play a role in the actual development of the Supra, as feedback and evaluation from the races will be used by Toyota engineers to shape future models.

Make sure to be a part of the heated close battles between these equally-powered sports cars. For more details about the rules and entry requirements, please visit the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing 'GR Supra GT Cup' website.

-https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5364740.html

Still no word on if the winner actually, you know, wins a Supra. Which would kind of make sense.
That's only been speculated by some people online.

I find it highly unlikely they wouldn't advertise that if it were the case to get maximum participation. Also highly unlikely that at the Finals in October the winner of the Supra Cup gets a surprise car and the winner of the World Championship doesn't.

Who will be doing donuts all over the track the way this thing handles. :lol:
You can include me in with those 6 year olds. This thing is seriously hard to keep planted, even on the long 5th gear 3rd corner the back end is doing its best to overtake the front. My best is a 1:58.xxx using DS4, with TC1. Really don't want to go up to TC2 (or any other assists for that matter), but it feels painfully slow to crawl around in order to keep the car in check.

I'll have another bash tonight after checking out @Igor Fraga's track guide (as if I could hope to emulate that!!!).

Read this on the Toyota UK blog, thought it was nice.

Why is Toyota getting involved in e-motorsports?
Toyota has decided that from 2019 onwards, involvement in e-motorsports will become one of the pillars of Toyota Gazoo Racing’s worldwide motorsport activities. This is because we recognise that e-motorsport is able to make racing and sports cars accessible and enjoyable to everybody, irrespective of age or location.

Through this collaboration with Gran Turismo Sport, we hope that many more drivers will experience the GR Supra. We welcome all feedback and evaluation from individual gamers, and anticipate that this input will enhance development of the physical car in the coming years.

And don't forget about the grid start. :D

Still wondering about the number plate issue. Not sure if I should make a livery that makes space for the standard plate.
I put a standard plate on the car while i’m making the livery. I then put a non standard number plate with my number ,74, as a decal underneath so the sport race number covers it up.

Oh, shoot. Nearly forgot it's starting soon. Busy watching the start of Super Taikyu and making liveries and completed the Start Player thing.

It is putting number plates on the cars?
Yes. Supra Cup versions.

Race felt like a Daily Race. Don't take tyres. You can no stop with fuel 3 or 4 depending where you start and who you're racing. I pit lap 6 with 0.7 laps in the tank. I was being shadowed all race with a 1-2 second gap. Finished 6.3 seconds ahead.

D5I9ML4VUAQ9gNs.jpg

Good to know. Will remove what I have so it doesn't interfere.

What sort of lap times were you running? Was it an all out sprint race or more casual?
2:01s. It was comfortable once I got past T1. Again, going to depend on who's in your race. I was playing with fuel 3 and 4 one lap at 3 on the straights and 4 after the 130R. When 2nd place was catching a bit, I switched to Fuel 1 for lap 5. Should have just stayed Fuel 3 all race and no stopped. Again, that was my race.

Disastrous start, 5 second penalty for nothing cost me what could've been 5th on a no-stop without the penalty. Got 12 more chances to make something of this series but that's not how I envisioned my return to Sport Mode going.

2:01s. It was comfortable once I got past T1. Again, going to depend on who's in your race. I was playing with fuel 3 and 4 one lap at 3 on the straights and 4 after the 130R. When 2nd place was catching a bit, I switched to Fuel 1 for lap 5. Should have just stayed Fuel 3 all race and no stopped. Again, that was my race.
Was not aware you could change the fuel trims during the race. Guess I better figure out how to do that.

Also, livery change. Just something simple. (I have since removed my number plates)

7358903784108459024_0.jpg

Was not aware you could change the fuel trims during the race. Guess I better figure out how to do that.

Also, livery change. Just something simple. (I have since removed my number plates)

7358903784108459024_0.jpg
I'm sure you worked it out by now. However, with HUD on, bottom right of screen. right or left directional buttons will take you to it.

Back