Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
BD92DBFA-31AE-4BEC-B190-9260B0945563.jpeg
Managed to get another third place today. I qualified second and didn’t stop, nearly everyone else did except for me and first place. The guy that finished in second in front of me pitted, he was fast enough to make the stop work. he pitted early and caught me back up on the second to last lap. I couldn’t fight him he was to damn quick.

I might just set the fuel map low at the start and take the no-stop chance. I was the only one that didn't stop last week, hopefully this week will be the same.

I might just set the fuel map low at the start and take the no-stop chance. I was the only one that didn't stop last week, hopefully this week will be the same.
I was on map 6 from the start, saved enough to do about a third of the last lap on full beans. The one guy that made the stop work was very fast, he qualified in 1st and finished 2nd but winner the didn’t stop and started in 5th. The next car behind me was about 15 seconds back.

I was on map 6 from the start, saved enough to do about a third of the last lap on full beans. The one guy that made the stop work was very fast, he qualified in 1st and finished 2nd but winner the didn’t stop and started in 5th. The next car behind me was about 15 seconds back.
Sounds like a good chance of a podium either way. I guess the best part about saving fuel is that it acts as a traction control to keep the car in check a bit better. :P

Well, qualified P1. Switched to map 6 at the start and got shoved around a bit. Was maybe 15 seconds back from the leader when they pit. One guy ahead of me didn't, and I swear was trying his best to slow me down. Kept blocking and slowing at random times. Took a whole lap to get past him. With 2 to go was 3 seconds up on the first of the stoppers. He caught me and we duked it out for a few corners. He slightly bumped me at one point and ended up with a .500 penalty. Came to 1 lap to go and I still had 1/4 tank so cranked it to map 2 and kept him about 1.5 seconds back. Took the win with .4 laps remaining of fuel. Awarded a miniscule 166 points. :rolleyes:

IMG_20190504_141550.jpg

IMG_20190504_143644.jpg

Started in 6th. Ended in 4th.

I did a big oopsie at the start and accidentally shunted someone at T1.
Checking the replay now that the race is over.
He gets into my braking area, and I was already at full brakes, which led to me shunting him.. and then pushing someone a bit off course.. which led to him getting a penalty. Really sorry about that. :(

Said guy catches up and passes me. Later in the lap, I see someone lose control and takes this poor soul out with him. I feel so sorry for him, he had the worst luck.

How? Couldn't find it.
I saved the replay when you go to the post-race screen. On the top of the screen, there should be a Replay choice. Click that, and then select Save Replay, and you'll find it in your library. The thing is that you need to remember to do that, as not doing that will have the replay deleted and you can never access it, unless if you find someone from your race that did save it.

Here's my race!

Last edited:
I got blindsided by strategy this week. During my practice runs at Fuji stopping is definitely faster, so I didn't test it out this week. I forgot to account that Catalunya's tight infield makes a lower fuel map feasible as it doesn't lose so much time. Seriously, with FM6 the Supra is as docile as the GT86. Plus the BOP means all the torque is down low so short shifting also doesn't lose you so much time. Anyway, lesson learned. Next week at BMB should be interesting. It's all about saving fuel in the draft and timing your exit from the final corner on the last lap ;)

Qual 3rd, Race 1st. Saved enough fuel to attack the last lap on Fuel Map 1. Went from 3rd to 1st in the last lap. Crossed the finish line with 0.0 laps remaining | 0% fuel remaining :D

I got blindsided by strategy this week. During my practice runs at Fuji stopping is definitely faster, so I didn't test it out this week. I forgot to account that Catalunya's tight infield makes a lower fuel map feasible as it doesn't lose so much time. Seriously, with FM6 the Supra is as docile as the GT86. Plus the BOP means all the torque is down low so short shifting also doesn't lose you so much time. Anyway, lesson learned. Next week at BMB should be interesting. It's all about saving fuel in the draft and timing your exit from the final corner on the last lap ;)
I found that not stopping was the fastest at Fuji, the top three in my race were all non stoppers. Catalunya was marginal in my opinion, I didn’t stop and got overtaken by a guy that stopped at the end of lap 3. At Blue moon you will need to stop. For fuel and tyres.

Started down in 7th I was running the whole race on fuel mix 4 with handbrake stalling the revs into braking just to save fuel. I was following two cars as we built a 3-car train. We were all on a no-stop. Cars in front were flying but had to pit lap 4. Soon we moved up into 1-2-3 with me sitting in 3rd awaiting my move. In the final lap a Spaniard decided to divebomb on the inside coming from way behind into T1. I just turned into the corner as I didn't expect him at all. Got shoved off into T1 and fell down to 5th. Funny thing the Spaniard got away with absolutely nothing... Would have been a brilliant 3rd or even 2nd, but a Spanish maniac decided a different outcome.

Funny enough my race was rated a clean race somehow. Got around 1300 points, but could have been more.

Why my points and one others in this pic in grey and not added up?
Hope this isn't a glitch or something.

Attachments

• 20190506_131447.jpg
    20190506_131447.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 15
I had no pace in this car when at full throttle. Qualified terrible but raced decent when fuel saving. Here's the start of lap 4 with me in 20/20. I managed to fight up into 13th by the finish which is decent. Very exciting and close final lap in particular.

Why my points and one others in this pic in grey and not added up?
Only the best 1/3 of rounds completed are tallied (rounded up if there's any remainder from the division). So after round 4, the best two results will be tallied, and so on. After all 13 rounds, the best 5 results will be tallied.

Are they struggling for participants? That's the only reason I can think of for selecting Blue Moon Bay for an FIA event. The penalty system is punitive for legitimate oval racing strategy.

It IS possible to do the Blue Moon Bay race without stopping. I ran a test lobby and raced against a guy who didn’t stop. I ran on map 1 and stopped for fuel only. I managed to get within 6 seconds of him at the end. My tyres were going off in the last three laps and I think if I had changed tyres I might have caught back up. I’m not sure if it’s the right way to go but you can do it.

I can do the race distance without stopping, doing laps around the low 58’s and high 57’s. I can get down to 55.6 with fresh tyres but can only seem to do 56’s once the tyres have worn a little. A pit for fuel and tyres is 30ish secs around here. It’s marginal, I’m not sure which is the right way to go. Anyone thinking of not stopping? I can’t decide

It IS possible to do the Blue Moon Bay race without stopping. I ran a test lobby and raced against a guy who didn’t stop. I ran on map 1 and stopped for fuel only. I managed to get within 6 seconds of him at the end. My tyres were going off in the last three laps and I think if I had changed tyres I might have caught back up. I’m not sure if it’s the right way to go but you can do it.

I've done some testing too and yes it's possible to no stop. Which strategy is faster is up in the air however. Depends how high up you qualify and how good you are at minimising time loss while getting passed and still maintaining the draft. Also depends on how good the stoppers will be at utilising bump drafting to catch up to you in the end. Any litre of fuel saved in the early part of the race will be crucial in allowing you to use FM1 in the last straight.

It's pretty cool how close both strategies work out actually. I expect some good battles tomorrow :D Chasers vs Savers.

Sorry for double post, but it's a day apart so I assume it's ok (mods please merge if not).

Just had one hell of a race. It seems there's not many people participating, so I got lumped with basically the Top 16 Superstars of Oceania :crazy: Qualified 15th, went for no stop and got up to 9th. Fuel ran out just as I crossed the line :lol: In terms of which strategy is fastest, it's still 50:50. Nik Makozi did a no stop, started 2nd and won (drafting the 1st place guy for quite some time at the start). Dan Holland started 3rd/4th can't remember, did quali like laps for the whole race, pitted, overtook a bunch of cars and ended up 4th again (could've been 3rd but he ran out of fuel just before the line). He got bumped in the first corner early on and lost a bunch of time though. Without it he could've chased Nik I reckon.

So basically, if you start in front either strategy will give roughly the same total race time. With no pitting it's beneficial to let one car past to draft early in the race. With pitting you need to overtake people in the end so it's more of a risk. Your choice and good luck to those who haven't had their race 👍

Back