Offline Tune database program. NOT A NEW DATABASE!!! You create/maintain your own collection

Is it possible to post the .zip file onto the OP instead of in Mediafire? Just a question.

if you mean the program or the program including database?
I think it can, but i don't want to upload this much data to GTPLANET.
Also the risk that the attachment gets deleted is minimal.
I made the choice for mediafire, i have that account for many years and never had any troubles.
My benefit: i can see if the updates are downloaded and how often.
Also, i use firefox and with addblock plus, i don't see nagging adds in the mediafire download page.

The new program has options to export tunes in zip format.
I implemented that so those exported .zip can be used as attachment on gtplanet..

I hope that this answered your question.

I use windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Surely it cannot be anything to do with the theme, a few of your older versions didn't do this, it started with 1.06 I think.

EDIT: It may actually be a conflict with the theme as I tried it on the standard theme and it worked fine. But I do not want to use standard theme, It's too bright, I like things dark enough so not to hurt my eyes and give me headaches. even this forum is too bright at times and I wish it had a selection of themes to choose from.

The theme is called 'Midnight Glass' if you want to investigate the conflict. I have found another dark theme to use for now 'Concave 7' and your program is OK on this one but I do not like it as much and I'd prefer to use the other theme with it.

Last edited:

Surely it cannot be anything to do with the theme, a few of your older versions didn't do this, it started with 1.06 I think.

EDIT: It may actually be a conflict with the theme as I tried it on the standard theme and it worked fine. But I do not want to use standard theme, It's too bright, I like things dark enough so not to hurt my eyes and give me headaches. even this forum is too bright at times and I wish it had a selection of themes to choose from.
Don't worry, i had this problem years ago.
But my solution was another dark theme.
Can you direct me to where you got this theme?
I can install it on my pc and see what has to change to get it working again.

Dit version 1.06 work on the dark theme?
I think i know what the problem can be.
I upgraded the program to compile, and i could use multi icons instead of small 32x32 or 48x48 single icons.

Last edited:

The theme is called 'Midnight Glass' if you want to investigate the conflict. I have found another dark theme to use for now 'Concave 7' and your program is OK on this one but I do not like it as much and I'd prefer to use the other theme with it.
I found your problem, The new version of the compiler changes the theme for the topmenu.
When you enter the topmenu, the buttons use aero theme like win8.
The old version uses a winxp type.
I have to check if every thing still works.
Then i will compile again with the older version, my only problem, can't use nifty multi icons.

Can you wait for that? please?

I can't remember where I got the theme, I've had it for a long time but I have put the zip on my mediafire if you want to look at it.
Downloading theme.
I'm testing now.
I rolled back with the compiler version, i need to go thru alll dropdown menu's now.
No problem, be patient, this gets fixed.

what great service. You mention a concern, issue or offer a suggestion and he researches these issues and offers quick and reliable solutions. I could only wish that my cable company had such customer service.
Thank you.👍
It's more, i provide a program that i think is very good and handy.
But i want my program to be compatible with every windows version.
And if i get feedback that is interesting, i go to work with it.

hahahaha.
So, i hope i get some info from NowControl, i send him a link and hope this version works again for him.
If so, i'm thinking if i need to release two compiled version or stick to my older compiler.
anyway, i still need to drive the intermediate and beginner season event ;)

Bye

Thanks for being so helpful and doing a fix so quickly, I hope to make full use of this program to compile my best tuned cars and then share some for seasonal events using the screenshots. :D 👍

Thanks for being so helpful and doing a fix so quickly, I hope to make full use of this program to compile my best tuned cars and then share some for seasonal events using the screenshots. :D 👍

two things.
1. New update, you will need it, bug in the screenshot name, tuner name was missing.
2. With these new version, you export to zip. instead of the picture you can upload both, other people download the zip, and the zip can be imported , program reeads zip header, unpacks, and imports all automaticly.

You are also in the credits in the readme, if you did not remember the version that caused your problem, i still would be searching for the solution.

thank you .

107.1.2.5 Download in the main topic (or use update check in the program)
Major problem fixed, after updating my compiler, the program gives resource error when you use a theme that conflicts with windows theme settings.
Your windows will not notice anyting, but the program topmenu crashes.
I rolled back my compiler, and the problem is fixed.
Bugfix, export tuningsheet to jpg, tuner name missing, fixed that.
Please give me feedback on youtube or GTPLANET in my topic if you have problems.
But also feedback if you like it and/or have suggestions.

Bye.

You are really going to hate me ;).
version 107.1.2.6 update.
Anyway, some bugs popped up back again after rolling back to my old compiler.
Trackbars in the edit screen did not react when you entered with the mouse.
this is fixed.
I'm done for now.I have to edit my clips from today's season events and upload them to youtube.
But first maybe have something to eat? hahaha it's 7:11 pm, and i'm starving.

bye

New update 108.1.1.1
One small thing, the minion in the 1600x900 version suddenly appears more upwards ;)
I know why. doesn't matter for functions of the program, so that's fixed when i find more bugs/clean program/add new feature(s).

Anyway, Fixed some bugs and mistakes again.
programs are smaller after compiling with old compiler, icons look low resolution, but i still use the multiicons.
Biggest changes:
Only program download link, you can create new empty database or download mine.
Create new database is also possible if you have a database, old database will be backupped.
Now access to every screen in main and sheet screen, just click the "go to" button in topmenu.
That button is disabled in edit.Maybe i change that.

New version 109.1.1.1
Added search option for MIN/MAX PP value(s), Database needs 3rd conversion (pp field from string to integer)
database is backupped again before conversion!!!(GT6TUNESbackup3.zip)
Conversion is tested with database version 1.06 and database version 1.07,
If PP has no numbers while converting?"0"(zero) will be the value after conversion.(i had a field with ??? that messed up))
Changed multiple searchbox, Drivetype is now dropdown, no typing.(4wd,FF,FR,MR etc.)
Changed conversion message and status message for updatecheck at start.

Download: First post in this topic.
Already using program? Topmenu "help" and check update.

Bug found, create database was 3 times in the program, when creating "new" you get the message that the database is not compatible.
Made a subroutine, and used that in all three parts.problem fixed.
This did not matter in function, but was waste of code.

Hello, i think the program has reached my goal.
Thanks to some feedback from members here, the program evolved enough for now.
It could evolve much more, but that depends on feedback and if i want to go on with it.
Version 1.09 build 2 is the last version for now.
If i change something, it would only be cleaning up, like creating a subroutine for double or triple scripts, but not worthy for an new update release.
I'm happy how it works, and finally find the tunes i need without searching for a car in the game.
I got 49 tunes in my own database, and hope to increase that number by a lot more.

I want to thank you all that helped me, and thank GTplanet that i could communicate with people about this.
This thread is in my watch list, so if someone has a point or feedback, i should get a alert.

Bye, if you're using my program? Enjoy it.

Good job with the program! I think it's way easier to use than Excel, and I really appreciate what you've put out! 👍

I just logged in to say Thank you!... This is WAY better than what I was doin'... I had stuff everywhere... On paper, tablets, phone... Now this lets me do it in one program... Very nicely done... This would be nice to have on my Tablet... I bet people would download it... Great tool to have... Once again, Thanks, man!...

Good job with the program! I think it's way easier to use than Excel, and I really appreciate what you've put out! 👍

I just logged in to say Thank you!... This is WAY better than what I was doin'... I had stuff everywhere... On paper, tablets, phone... Now this lets me do it in one program... Very nicely done... This would be nice to have on my Tablet... I bet people would download it... Great tool to have... Once again, Thanks, man!...

Thank you both:D. Program indeed makes paper obsolete And has better overview than Excel.
My idea came from here
You can put the complete content on a usbstick (program/database/ all the folders) and carry it with you, it works portable, so you can use it at any computer, just keep a backup on your main computer, a stick could get broken.
I was surprised i could implement export to zip and import that zip, so people/members could share a tune without typing it from the computer/tablet screen.

About an tablet/phone version: It's a hobby project, i do windows because with my programcompiler, i don't need to write lots of base codes.
With a tablet version, i would need to write basecode, but also learn the program language.
So i won't be making a tablet version.
Second reason is that the pictures in the database could increase the size so much, that the app would slow down the functions of the database and tablet/phone so much, it would be frustrating to use it.
it would keep it's speed if all images in the database would be 320x240 pixels.

So yes, i have put some thoughts in it.

Again, thank you for the positive comments:cheers:.

Version 109.1.1.3
download in First topic post
or use the "check update" in topmenu->help if you allready use this program.
-Small bug, cartype is only 15characters, edit screen allowed more.Extra text can be added in extrainfo box.
-Resized the logo in the bottom right corner.
-replaced my old logo with the new logo in the "about" box.
-Created a subroutine that was 5x in the program (scriptcleanup)
-Added a search script, when you don't do the update correct, and just extract the program and start it.
If you have allready a database? and you did not extract the files into that folder? this should help
to find your old database again.
The script can be choosen when the program does not find any database file in the same folder.

Version 109.1.1.5
download in First topic post
or use the "check update" in topmenu->help if you allready use this program.
Added extra multiple search function for 2Wd only (FR,FF,MR,RR cars will lbe displayed)
Added Extra Multiple search for years. for '90 cars, two dropdown selections,
select '90 and '99 and all cars between those years are displayed.
This last one has one bug, if you only want drift cars and years min/max is also active, drift search will be ignored.
You need to enter the year at each car as '66 or '00 or '78 or '99, just like the game does.Do not enter 2001 or 1966
example: Chaparral 2J '70

Thank you for the updates. I followed your guide and the update went smoothly. I checked and i currently have the most recent version.

The only step which was different is when i opened the program after the update. In the video you show a "do you want a conversion box" i was not given that option. ?

I retained all my tunes after the update. Thanks again for this great program.

Hope you and you family have a safe and wonderful holiday season.

Thank you for the updates. I followed your guide and the update went smoothly. I checked and i currently have the most recent version.

The only step which was different is when i opened the program after the update. In the video you show a "do you want a conversion box" i was not given that option. ?

I retained all my tunes after the update. Thanks again for this great program.

Hope you and you family have a safe and wonderful holiday season.
I wish you also wonderfull holidays.

About that conversion...It only happens when i change something in the program that needs something changed or added in the database.
I always try to add/change/fix things without messing around with the database.
1st database convert: no big change, only longest carname possible.
2nd convert: your question for the three extra fields and that was an easy one..
3rd convert: search between pp values, needed a fix that PP became a diffrent setup in the database.
This update did not need a conversion.

In 109.1.1.4 ( not released, skipped to 109.1.1.5) i had a database conversion planned.
it would add three extra fields, but the conversion always messed up 1 or more entries
I'm working on adding the fields Gametype (like cartype is now), Year (built) and length (of the car)
The content of cartype will become gametype (gametype will get dropdownmenu-Race,Drift,Rally,Snow,Drag,Replica,Timetrial)
and cartype will have three options (racecar,Normal,Tuned)
problem now is, that i have to pre-enter values into length and year
Always messed up the database, so far.

So that's in the pot cooking, and worked around the "year" search but created a bug.
To remove that bug, i need to get the conversion working. Or it will not be implemented.

if i get everything working?
You can do a proper search on '90 japanese cars for race/drift etc.
You can do a proper search for cars shorter then 4200mm
you can do a proper search for drift cars and choose between normal drift or racecar drift.

But, still a dream...

Sorry for the chunk of text.

Okay, i got the stuff i wanted to have in my 1.09.4 program working.
But because it is a major conversion, i need feedback.
Go to the first post click here and watch the new video.

If there's a release for 1.10 and you don't want it?
start the program, click topmenu "options" and select "no update check"
read the last line in the spoiler!!!

If two, or more, people want this 1.10 version, it will be released!!!

4th Coversion.
Added two extra fields, this makes searching almost 100% perfect
But the conversion also needs user editing afterwards.
You need to edit/check "cartype" "gametype" and "year" (buildyear)
What is best before the update.conversion?
1. Add the buildyear to each car as '66 or '70 or '13, NOT 1966 or 2013!!!
Use the original carname in the game!!!
No year? the car gets 2013 as buildyear
2. Do not update the program to 110.1.1.1 and keep using the old database, you will get errors.

Looks great. Car type. I currently use this field in a unique way. I list the tuner and date of the tune. The reason is when I look at all my tunes inputted I have multiple tunes from different tuners for the same car, just as you for the 2J. The car type field allows me to quickly see tuner and date of tune since it is the next column.

The new game type field will work even better. I will be able to manually input tuner, date and some other notes to help me determine the correct car I want to use.

The best part of the update will be the new search parameters. So many more options.

I say go for it.

Looks great. Car type. I currently use this field in a unique way. I list the tuner and date of the tune. The reason is when I look at all my tunes inputted I have multiple tunes from different tuners for the same car, just as you for the 2J. The car type field allows me to quickly see tuner and date of tune since it is the next column.

The new game type field will work even better. I will be able to manually input tuner, date and some other notes to help me determine the correct car I want to use.

The best part of the update will be the new search parameters. So many more options.

I say go for it.
Okay, just one question regarding your info.
The gametype field is limited to 30 characters, if you agree to that, then the program is ready and i need one more person to agree.
The cartype field is now restricted to only three options, normal/Racecar/tunercar
But then again, 30characters is twice what cartype was

btw. hint....Tunername field..you do know that this is displayed at the main screen?
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
So you could enter tunername and date in that field.
But i think i know why you do that.You see in the main table all names and dates when you do it your way.

I had also been using the car type field for the extra info, for example I would list the car type then if it was a drift tune I would simply add '.../Drift' to the car type. But I only have a few select cars for drifting and the tuning on them is very much the same as each other with only minor differences because of drive-type & weight distribution.

I'm up for moving on to the new version. 👍

Back