Oh yeah! I got all gold!

Oh yeah, I got all gold in GT1! That Nismo 400R is cool, yet powerful. I think it has the same P/W ratio as a viper... can be used to join the Normal Car Series as a promising winner.. haven't driven it though.

Here are my memcards, for the Japanese version.

Attachments

• GT1_Gold_License.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 57
AAAAAAAArgh! It turns out that I hate Nismo 400R... handling is not that good, when the drift is over it understeers.. Probably I should try some other courses as I have only tried it at Autumn Ring Mini.

As for the TRD3000GT, it's great! Some say it's not worth getting, well I'd say.. it's absolutely worth! It may not be that fast but handles very well!

AAAAAAAArgh! It turns out that I hate Nismo 400R... handling is not that good, when the drift is over it understeers.. Probably I should try some other courses as I have only tried it at Autumn Ring Mini.

As for the TRD3000GT, it's great! Some say it's not worth getting, well I'd say.. it's absolutely worth! It may not be that fast but handles very well!

Can you use it for Normal Series? I forget how much power it has.

Can you use it for Normal Series? I forget how much power it has.

Of course you can. It has less than 450ps and weighs more than 1500kg, which is worse than the Viper

EDIT: I just noticed that Concept Car in GT1 is FR while in GT2 it's MR. Which is correct?

EDIT2: I've been in love with that Concept Car since I took it in the Stock Car Series. It just handles perfect. I won, and there was a NSX.

Last edited:
You're playing the Japanese version ?? Emulated ?? Or you bought it in Japan ??

I burnt out my game from save stating..it helped most definitely with the Endurance runs. Poor disc burnt out in my PC xD

Also what's the TRD3000GT again ?? That's that MR2 ?? You can make it fast but sometimes the MR cars get tricky on me..I master the FR usually, rear wheel drive. Some are definitely garbage, that 400R is for me as well..

You're playing the Japanese version ?? Emulated ?? Or you bought it in Japan ??

I burnt out my game from save stating..it helped most definitely with the Endurance runs. Poor disc burnt out in my PC xD

Also what's the TRD3000GT again ?? That's that MR2 ?? You can make it fast but sometimes the MR cars get tricky on me..I master the FR usually, rear wheel drive. Some are definitely garbage, that 400R is for me as well..

The TRD3000GT is based on the Toyota Supra and has several engine, Suspension and Aerodynamic improvements over the "Garden-Variety" Supra RZ. I've sadly never had the pleasure of driving it in GT1; The Liscence tests are INSANE!!!

You actually downloaded the JAPANESE version ?? That doesn't make sense, you wanna read don't you ??

Yeh, the license tests are damn hard. Those damn time trials !!

I HATE the Viper and TVR !! HATE EM !!

No, I didn't download it. I own the disk and copied it to my computer. My PS1 is broken.Actually, as a Chinese, I found it not difficult to understand what these text mean.

I do like the Viper and TVR, tho. They may be hard to control but you'll really have fun if you can control them.

Of course you can. It has less than 450ps and weighs more than 1500kg, which is worse than the Viper

EDIT: I just noticed that Concept Car in GT1 is FR while in GT2 it's MR. Which is correct?

EDIT2: I've been in love with that Concept Car since I took it in the Stock Car Series. It just handles perfect. I won, and there was a NSX.

The red Concept from GT1 is correct: FR. There's also a red version in GT2, which is won from golding the A license if I'm not mistaken. Both of these are based on Dodge's real-life Copperhead (which got stupidly renamed "Concept" because some other jealous company owned the rights to the Copperhead name). Follow the link below to learn more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Copperhead

The MR version in GT2 is one of PD's "fantasy" cars. Most LMs in the GT series are not based on anything found in reality...in effect, they don't exist.

The Liscence tests are INSANE!!!

For me, the hardest thing about GT license tests is the fact that you can't watch the license demo without leaving the testing area. Instead, you find yourself literally going all the way back to the opening Start screen (where the Replay option is).

And then the actual demos aren't always Gold runs, if I remember correct.

but yea, B3, for example. (del Sol @ Deep Forest, turn 1) was much harder in GT than it was in GT2 or GT4. I sat there for HOURS LITTERALLY trying to finish B3 so I could win the Dodge Concept. I had won all the other Bs...for some reason B3 alluded me. When I finally golded B, I was pissed to learn you can't modify the red Concept's power any higher. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I actually found B3 easy, despite not even passing at the first try. I braked a lot and slowed down to 100km/h and didn't pass. I soon realized it's not necessary to be that slow (you have to be that slow for the following two tests). After a few practices I finally got gold.

As for GT2, the hardest one I found is A4. I even tried to use my DFP to pass that test (GT2 doesn't support that thing quite well and you'll find a BIG deadzone in the center of steering wheel and REALLY LOW precision). The best I've got using keyboard is .381 and gold is .200.

I also felt dissappointed when I found out that you can't boost that Concept Car's power as in GT2. And from the link above, it says it has a stiffer suspension but in GT1, I can't really feel that. Default spring is 2.0 and that's really soft. A lot of body roll! The engine sound is good, tho. Now I bring it to Stock Car Series to earn money, and I really enjoy driving it around GVE.

What does LM stand for? Is it Limited or Lemans? I've always agreed it's the latter

LM is supposed to stand for LeMans, as in something worthy (in theory) of entering the LeMans series. Tho I don't fully agree with this.

And yea...GT2/A4 is pretty hard. Is that the Camaro/walls one?

Hey, that's funny. It's hilarious how foreign teachers always get the GRAMMAR wrong. As for vocabulary, you're great.

If I were to use "in", I mean it like "I'm in GameStop right now, I'll call you back in 5"

If I were to use "at", I can also say "I'm at Sears buying a barbecue, call you back in 5"

It's really the same thing, nothing to worry about ;]

I've never ever heard of a formal rule for "in" versus "at".

If there's no inside versus outside to the place, you usually can't be "in". But then, there is the distinction between being "in a race" (participating), and "at a race" (watching).

at home - acceptable ("correct")
in home - unacceptable in most cases
in school - acceptable
at school - acceptable
at work - acceptable ("correct")
in work - unacceptable in nearly all cases
at the park - acceptable
in the park - acceptable
at the mall - acceptable
in the mall - slightly less acceptable (depends on instance)
in my bedroom - acceptable ("correct")
at my bedroom - just plain wrong
at my computer - acceptable ("correct")
in my computer - wrong if you're talking about me...
on my computer - frequently used
in my coffin - acceptable ("correct")
at my coffin - has a different meaning
at the dentist - acceptable ("correct")
in the dentist - just plain wrong
at the dentist's office - acceptable
in the dentist's office - acceptable
at the store - acceptable
in the store - acceptable
in the forest - acceptable
at the forest - slightly less acceptable (doesn't seem inherently wrong, but I can't think of an instance)

Last edited:
Kind of magic..It seems like these are fixed phrases. And there're no differences between "at school" and "in school", "at the mall" and "in the mall" right?

I just found out it's easy to win Sunday Cup using the STOCK '88 Silvia S13 Q 1800CC, which is the cheapest (used) car you can buy. It handles excellent and I'm in love with it! It handles just like the red Concept Car, and even easier to control!

A black Silvia Q's 1800 was my very first car ever in GT. 👍

No, it's the one in which you drive a Toyata Altezza go through a medium right turn

Yea, that's a toughie. It's funny too, because the test before it (Integra Type R) is so much easier. I think somebody at PD definitely raised the bar for A4, just to be cruel.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say absolutely no difference. I could think of examples where one is better than the other. But I'll resist the temptation to do so.

For the purposes of an English-as-second-language speaker making themselves understood, there's not a lot of difference. But some of the "wrong" instances I indicate could be "shibboleths".

And I really can't make
My teacher said in is for big places and at is for small places. But how big is big and how small is small?
make sense at all. I'd need examples to see what the teacher means. Apart from that, I'd say that's not the general rule for at versus in. in has a definite notion of containment; at implies merely proximity.

A black Silvia Q's 1800 was my very first car ever in GT. 👍

Yea, that's a toughie. It's funny to, because the test before it (Integra Type R) is so much easier. I think somebody at PD definately raised the bar for A4, just to be cruel.

It's so tough that I haven't got gold in that test using keyboard.
And using keyboard in GT2 seems much sensitive than in GT1.

Yikes. Dude, I don't think I could gold any of them using a keyboard. :ouch: So you got props from me...

Last edited:
No, on PlayStation strictly analog. Altho, when GT first came out it was SUPER early, almost a PS1 launch title. We were all struggling with the D-Pad xD

Back