Oh yeah! I got all gold!

Actually, I spent my first few weeks of playing without knowing I could use throttle & brakes on the mushroom stick! :dunce: I remember trying to drive a Camaro around Autumn Ring for the first time...spinning out in every corner cuz when I pushed X (accelerator), the car's gas was now floored. After awhile, I figured out I could just go into the options menu and finally got gas/brakes on the mushroom stick, which made a much better difference. :)

Yes a Camaro. If you sit there tapping "X" over and over with the digital part of the dual-shock, you can get its throttle happening without a possible spin-out, but I didn't know that back when I started GT. I was literally getting frustrated. :mad::banghead: I thought I just sucked or something.

But the right analog stick make for a much smoother experience, once I discovered how to turn it on. It works exactly like the joysticks on the radio-controlled cars I used to build. 👍 It's easier to give partial throttle in a smoother manner, rather than tapping a button rapidly. Some people prefer all-digital methods, though, which I'll never understand, but if it works for you, use it. :)

Last edited:
R/C sticks ?? Whatever do you mean ??

It's SUPER common to steer with left stick, throttle & brake with the right. Whoever does it all in reverse I salute you..I didn't even know the right analog had sensitivity for left&right >.<

mistamontiel...R/C = Radio Controlled. Some of the ones I used to build had variable joysticks just like the ones on a dual-shock. Hence, I found the concept of using the analog sticks for steering, gas & brakes to be one I felt comfortable with years ago when I was new at GT.

Funny thing now...I don't remember which side the gas/brakes was on, and which side steering was on. I don't have any of my Tamiya cars or radio boxes anymore. :(

I DO, however, have a distinct memory of wanting to try using the right analog stick for steering years ago, and using the left for gas/brakes, but I never did this because by the time I switched to all-analog, I was already used to having my left thumb control steering. The fact that I wanted to try right thumb for steering could, in fact, mean that perhaps my radio boxes were all steered with the right joystick (and therefore I may have thought this idea to be more practical)...but I dont remember back that far. :(

l0l0l0l..you've gotta be crazy.

I used to have RC cars back in the day a lot, till they ALWAYS broke down. So much money invested in buying them from ToysRUs and they always failed xD

I used to have RC cars back in the day a lot, till they ALWAYS broke down. So much money invested in buying them from ToysRUs and they always failed xD

Nah, Mr. Bones probably had *Ahem* "Hobby-Grade" RC Cars that were designed to have replaceable parts and such (As me and my dad have TONS of "Hobby-Grade" RC cars and parts in our house!).

Belated congrats to littlekevin for getting all golds 👍. And extra kudos as well for doing it with a keyboard. I think you may be great friends with AAZ from the GT2 forum (he also drives super-fast with a keyboard ;)).

As for me, I got all golds in GT1 3 years ago, last test was the Prelude in GVS (A5 I think). I only got all golds in GT2 last year, last test is...as you may have guessed...A4 (damn I hate that Altezza :lol:). The prize cars are great. My favourite in GT1 is the 'stock' Concept Car oddly (3000GT & 400R is just too similar to their untuned counterparts). It just obeys every single one of your commands, if there's ever a car that deserves the title "it drives on rails', it's this one. From GT2 my favourite is the Mitsubishi GTO LM (the yellow/silver one that's also in GT1).

As for the debate of when to use 'in' or 'at', I just use whatever sounds best (yeah, I speak to myself when typing) :lol::lol:.

Thanks. The red Concept Car handles really well, and also it sounds really great(All Dodge cars sound great in GT1), I had the best fun at(that sounds better than in:D) Grand Valley East Reverse.

As for GT2, I just got that car this evening, after golding IC license! It looks good, but I haven't taken it out for a drive. Test 8 and 9 are the toughest here.

Nah, Mr. Bones probably had *Ahem* "Hobby-Grade" RC Cars that were designed to have replaceable parts and such (As me and my dad have TONS of "Hobby-Grade" RC cars and parts in our house!).

Yea, KoW nailed it..I used to have several high-grade ones that cost near $200 (radio NOT included) and you had to build 'em. :D Fun times, indeed. We used to have off-road trucks and buggies. :D I remember the shocks had oil in them, and one day I figured out that if you don't top off the oil, you can get the car to react over bumps with less bouncing, hence it's sort of like lessening the number when we're setting dampers in GT. 👍

Back