OK, I have to say something - but sorry for not saying anything

• Thread starter amar212
  • 969 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know its a brilliant game? It isn't out yet.

chris-crocker.jpg

"Leave SONY ALONE!!!"

LOL LOL, that's funny!:lol:

ok but its absolutly noise...
fm3 release many new features, they tell always something,
I know, I know, FM3 will be the best helicopter racer on the 360. ;)

PD its 3 years that didn't tell nothing...
Err... PD "told" us GT HD - for free I might add - and GT5 Prologue...

for me they have fear to show new feature cuz there aren't, or there are the same like always, yes...
yes will be this the really surprise, they promised dwl damage for prologue but they didnt.. maybe they keep it only for the final release cuz it will be the only new feature of the game...
im disappointed, but it will be true...
Well, if that's the only new feature, I'll be happy. Prologue is one heck of an hors d'oeurve.

Honestly, every time we learned something new about GT5 so far, the net freaked out over it. I posted this before, about how the resolution and detail in GT HD had us gasping. About how news of Ferraris had us cheering. About how 16 car races at GT HD resolution or better had us jumping out of our seats. I think a lot of people are going to be very humbled when the next news comes along at E3. And it's only two months away.

Love the new smileys, by the way. These have to be permanent. :)

Its not exactly surprising, but I think this thread, or more specifically a few isolated member's posts have now reached a new low in maturity level and largely void of any resemblance of having or even pretending to encourage a reasonable discussion... so much so that I would not be surprised at all if Amar just closed this thread to end the insanity... and perhaps that's the motivation behind some of these isolated member's behavior.

indifferent.gif

ok but its absolutly noise...
fm3 release many new features, they tell always something,

you should keep up on your info. Turn 10 has only said that they are working on their "next big thing". there is no official word that FM3 even exists. i would say PD is on par with the rest of the gamming world, even though i am desperate for some info like the rest of you.

well, I certainly believe something big is going to be announced at e3; though personally I would hope PD would just let the info they want to share with us be posted on their website, this way we'll get screens and videos in high def plus we don't have to wait till e3 :)

Either way, yes sometimes it is difficult to wait for some news, but remember, it is just a game. The true automotive lover can wait for the GT5 since being a car enthusiast is so much more than just a game; it truly is a way of life and for those who approach the wait for GT5 from that angl things are a lot less gloomy.

I try to keep up with all the car news around the world; read my favorite car magizines and watch car shows. Drive around in my own car and keep it clean and tidy. Going to the AutoRai on saturday and with easter to the zandvoort circuit to watch some races. Planning on getting my racing license and on top of all that i'm also studying Law at the University. Plus spending a lot of time with my girlfriend.

Honestly, life is full of things to do, and waiting for GT5 is one of them, luckily WE don't have to do anything other than hope and pray that things will turn out to be great!

Lets try to be calm...PD is really testing us...but we must overcome the challenge and prove them wrong! Who's with me :)

I bet it's 3D. Pointless. Hopefully there's a regular version also. Would want to buy anymore accessories for my PS3.

Oh ffs mate shut up! Enough with this one-man defence of Castle Sony! People are rightly disappointed and annoyed with how long it is taking PD to release what is, lets not forget, A VIDEOGAME! The loyal fans have heard NOTHING about this damn game, and besides an overpriced, half-assed demo, we have NOTHING to go on. If people wish to express their dismay and frustration well good, maybe if enough people do that then PD (or Sony for that matter) might sit up and take notice. Many hundreds of people around the world I'm sure feel exactly the same way. The fanbase has been incredibly patient, but that only goes so far.

Incredibly patient?

I have to disagree with you there, sit this side of the fence for one week (or even a day) and you'll never, ever think that computer game fan bases are patient, because they aren't. No matter how much I love 'em.

There are so many factors to consider for the games delay, lack of news.

Firstly, lack of news doesn't mean no news, or no progress or that they are behind, it means nothing. Developers (or Publishers, as it can be the Publisher who does the PR/Marketing stuff) tend to go either two ways. Very vocal about information with the fans, or very little information. GT5 go down the latter route, also remember that the game is still a long way away from production, releasing specific details of a product that may not be released for another 7-8 months, is very difficult.

The problem with a very vocal PR campaign is that the anticipation of the fan base is for more details to follow. People's presumption of the Spec IV update for Prologue rings a bell.

There are so many technical factors too, what was early forecasts for each car to be built, wasn't something like 300 hours? There are licensing issues, they are always fun, companies will sit on them, politics isn't fun, we had our patch delayed by 4 months due to politics.

Its not exactly surprising, but I think this thread, or more specifically a few isolated member's posts have now reached a new low in maturity level and largely void of any resemblance of having or even pretending to encourage a reasonable discussion... so much so that I would not be surprised at all if Amar just closed this thread to end the insanity... and perhaps that's the motivation behind some of these isolated member's behavior.

indifferent.gif
Thank you. You should read some of the comments on the PS2 price drop post on the PlayStation Blog. It seems like everyone had some kind of breakdown yesterday. You would think people woke up to find a Sony exec sneaking out of their mom's bedroom or something.

I mean, people were on a rant that there was no news about GT5. Amar finds out that news is coming and does what he can to let us know that it is coming and it will be big. Now all he has is disrespectful and ungrateful comments about how he didn't tell us anything really. Does anyone understand why he didn't actually say what the news is?

BECAUSE HE WOULD LOSE HIS JOB!

His job is not worth sacrificing just so a few whiners can be satisfied. If you think your desire for information regarding a videogame is more important than his career and possibly even legal liability then you need to pull your head from whatever smug crevice you found to shove it.

And then if you want to know why PD hasn't told us any info yet, it is simple. You, all you complainers and whiners. Look back at old GT4 stuff from before the game released and just after it released. Early on we were given a list of goals for the game. When GT4 released certain things were not done due to a number of reasons. Well, it only took about 10 minutes for the complaints about how PD and Sony lied, ran over their dog, raped a family member, and took their life savings started popping up.

So, you will have to excuse them for not giving details before they are definite in what they have. They can listen to you complain now or listen to you complain later. This time around they chose now.

Amar, my friend, for your sake I suggest that you not bother with sharing info openly like this in the future. Too many people are too greedy and ungrateful to accept what you can say and let you maintain your legal and professional limits. Perhaps in the future you may want to put something like this in the Premium forum or just as a PM sent just to the people mature enough to understand the news. Or just send it to Jordan and let him make it a News post.

Or you could be sitting back and laughing at all the inanity that has popped up in here lately. In which case, I guess you enjoy it, and so continue on.

And with that incredibly well-written post, I'm going to temporarily lock this festival of whinging and complaining. Unless I hear otherwise from Amar, who has done his best to give us what information he can, it will stay locked.

GT5 will get here when it gets here. It will have whatever features it has.

Buy it or don't at that time. Meanwhile, find something important to do with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back