OK I'll admit it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaddyVDUB
  • 72 comments
  • 5,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
2,044
Messages
GTP_DaddyVDUB
Messages
R U Kidding
Like the title says I'm gonna go ahead & admit it, I'm feeling sorta of frustrated with GT5P right now. The biggest issue I have is how unrealistic they have made the traction in online racing,I Know what a lot of you are gonna say " it seperates the men from the boys " so on & so forth.. keeps the less thans offline..etc . But at the same time I feel it has diminished the enjoyment for a lot of folks. I know a lot of you say its great yada yada, but its not right heck my street car does'nt slide off road at 40 mph on dry asphalt,its just too touchy the punters are still there just now its easier for them to wreck everyone. does anyone else feel this way at all. I know its not gonna be the popular thing but I had to say it.

Now I dont want anyone to think I'm a crying baby, most of the time I can compete fairly well just concerned they have gone too far with the grip levels.
 
Last edited:
Wouldn't this be better of in the GT5P forum?
 
Ok yada, yada ;) have you played before SPECIII update ??
black ice on every corner!
I don't slide of the road at 40mph either. Ok not with S or R tyres at least. I really do enjoy GT5p more than ever without the RBE in place... and im not very good or something. I just want a fair chance within my limits. I think they ve done a great job so far, all you need to do is... practice, practice, practice !
:)
 
Like I said,I'm not a whiner,& yes I like no RBE I never said anything about that. I am mainly concerned with unrealistic grip levels,think they have gone too far. Yes I am very competetive most of the time,thanks for your advice to practice though.

And oh yes I started in the beginning it has steadily became slicker & slicker to the point of feeling like wet races. would like races in expert with race tires so we can really use all the power of cars.
 
Last edited:
I'm with you vdub.

Unlimited tire was why I was in the Ferrari Events so much for the last two updates. It's a racing simulator, it only makes sense to have R tires on the cars.
 
grip levels are fine. I can go around any circuit on N3 tires in most of the road cars just fine.
 
er.. in real life, car understeers easily on dry road on road tyres. especially if it's AWD.. my sister's astra couldn't clear fairly moderate turn at 55mph, I had to slow to around 40 before I felt that there was no understeer, and this was with fresh Goodyear Eagles.
 
I am in complete agreement with you DaddyVDub. I don't want to complain about this update 'cause I know lots of people like racing on street tires. I don't. I realize that it takes a lot of skill to walk a tightrope but I want something a little faster. I love the straight up racing now that the rubber band effect is off. We're almost there. Maybe they'll get it right next update.
 
I would like to see the races just performance point limitations, let the driver do whatever they want within those boundaries.
 
I think the grip levels would be realist if we were racing on street tires, but we're on S tires, which are basically DOT slicks with grooves in them (worthless in the rain too). Since we are tunning these cars to the levels of race car performance, I think we should be able to use the slick tires that race cars use. If this was a production, unmodified, time attack event, then I'm all for street tires, but it's not. It's racing.

In the California you nearly have to max out the power and lower the weight to the min. to get it to 650PP. Then we are free to play with spring rates, damper rates, camber, toe, brake balance, etc. Those are race car modifications. We should have race car tires available to us. Just about the only thing that's missing is wider fenders to stick even wider slick tires in there. Just my 2 cents.
 
Last edited:
I think the grip levels would be realist if we were racing on street tires, but we're on S tires, which are basically DOT slicks with grooves in them (worthless in the rain too). Since we are tunning these cars to the levels of race car performance, I think we should be able to use the slick tires that race cars use. If this was a production, unmodified, time attack event, then I'm all for street tires, but it's not. It's racing.

In the California you nearly have to max out the power and lower the weight to the min. to get it to 650PP. Then we are free to play with spring rates, damper rates, camber, toe, brake balance, etc. Those are race car modifications. We should have race car tires available to us. Just about the only thing that's missing is wider fenders to stick even wider slick tires in there. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah its pretty sweet to drive a z06 with front/rear spoilers and full cage around on street tires. I see it all the time at my local track :crazy:
 
I have no problems what so ever with the tyres, I thought these discussions were over after they increased grip in the August 1st update, but it's coming back again (I was happy before they increased grip). Take more care, if it is too hard then try a intermediate race.


I think the grip levels would be realist if we were racing on street tires, but we're on S tires, which are basically DOT slicks with grooves in them (worthless in the rain too).


No one here really knows what S tyres represent, you are just assuming they represent minimal grooved slicks. Good half the cars in GT5P are quoted to be realistic using S1's as fresh tyres and a couple with S2's, these cars do not use DOT slicks with grooves in real life.
 
I totally agree VDub. The latest round of online events have disapppointed me. It seems like PD wanted to slow everything down as well as test peoples patients. The current Fuji event is ridiculous, N3 tyres.

I was hoping that RBE gone we would get some unlimited tyre event, with a high PP. This would of given us more scope to arrange different types of racing, leaving us with the choice. Maybe PD should give this idea some consideration. I need high powered straight up racing, not some ice skating practice.
 
I totally agree VDub. The latest round of online events have disapppointed me. It seems like PD wanted to slow everything down as well as test peoples patients. The current Fuji event is ridiculous, N3 tyres.

I was hoping that RBE gone we would get some unlimited tyre event, with a high PP. This would of given us more scope to arrange different types of racing, leaving us with the choice. Maybe PD should give this idea some consideration. I need high powered straight up racing, not some ice skating practice.

AMEN Brother you get what I'm talking about,someone said try intermediate event if its too hard,sssppph I didnt say its too hard its just I want a RACE not a dang Rally event, THANKS good to know I,m not alone.
 
AMEN Brother you get what I'm talking about,someone said try intermediate event if its too hard,sssppph I didnt say its too hard its just I want a RACE not a dang Rally event, THANKS good to know I,m not alone.

We have had plenty of high PP races with R rubber, but very very few N rubber and sub 600PP races. Be patient your ridiculous PP races will be back soon enough.

As you might tell I am not really a fan of R rubber racing in road cars (even with QT), but I'm more than happy for high PP/high grip races if we actually had some actual race cars to drive (besides F2007)
 
We have had plenty of high PP races with R rubber, but very very few N rubber and sub 600PP races. Be patient your ridiculous PP races will be back soon enough.

As you might tell I am not really a fan of R rubber racing in road cars (even with QT), but I'm more than happy for high PP/high grip races if we actually had some actual race cars to drive (besides F2007)

Gotcha Bro,I understand that some like this stuff. I too can enjoy it some,but we need a variety of races in expert events not just low or high pp. Should'nt be just 1 type be good to have both to satisy all.:)
 
Gotcha Bro,I understand that some like this stuff. I too can enjoy it some,but we need a variety of races in expert events not just low or high pp. Should'nt be just 1 type be good to have both to satisy all.:)


Yeah, I am happy to have both high and low PP races in expert events the same time, best thing to have really (besides being able to host your own races). I am finally happy to get some lower PP/N tyre races on a track that has been lacking in GT5P (IMO), but most everyone wants cars on rails. :indiff:
 
It's a racing simulator, it only makes sense to have R tires on the cars.

The real driving simulator? Hm? If you're here just for the racing side with race tyres and race cars, you should be playing pretty much any other racing game - the whole point with Gran Turismo is the road car driving and racing. Also:

I would like to see the races just performance point limitations, let the driver do whatever they want within those boundaries.

But wheres the fun in that? Then no-one would use the N-tyre compounds. The whole point of restricting tyre choice is to test your ability to drive with them.

Gotcha Bro,I understand that some like this stuff. I too can enjoy it some,but we need a variety of races in expert events not just low or high pp. Should'nt be just 1 type be good to have both to satisy all.:)

I agree though that there should be more variety at once in online events, however, for the purposes of testing the popularity of certain event combinations, PD have to keep the number of events low - they have been doing this ever since April/May.
It also means you're more likely to actually race somebody. I remember back in April when there were more event choices, it took a long time to find other players in each event because there were too many events for people to choose.

Yeah, I am happy to have both high and low PP races in expert events the same time, best thing to have really (besides being able to host your own races). I am finally happy to get some lower PP/N tyre races on a track that has been lacking in GT5P (IMO), but most everyone wants cars on rails. :indiff:

Yeah, I don't see the fun in driving car and tyre combinations that barely ever challenge you in any way. This is why I generally avoid using 4WD cars. The only time I ever consider using R-compound tyres is for competition events, but most of the time I want to have some fun actually mastering the car rather than easily driving to victory.
I also wish they'd bring back the really low PP events, 450PP and 500PP (basically what was PP500 and PP550)...I suppose I'll have to buy GTi Club+ for this now, lol.
 
Last edited:
It must be quite impossible to satisfy everybody’s appetite for racing with only a dozen restricted online events at a time. So some updates will obviously keep away some players while bringing back other. Anyway, all this may sooner or later be part of the past.

I like the current Daytona Road Pro event a lot. I’m not racing for a win there, but it’s still very satisfying because I can feel my driving abilities improving by performing it even in the end of the grid. I also liked higher PP races as I have almost abused the 750 Suzuka with the Tuned RWDs on R3s. Sure they offered a wider frame of racing lines and speeds and most of the time allowed a tyre out of tarmac or a missed braking point.

Anyway no RBE is a must for me as this means consistent behavior of the car, witch in my opinion is more important than the overall level of grip.

I also believe tuning is a key for those more tricky conditions, and there are already great tunes available for it here:tup: (thanks again for sharing).
 
This has been covered in great detail (with data analysis) and the grip levels offered in GT5:P are realistic.

Its also very missleading to imply that all race series run on slicks, and that road legal and track-day tyres are never used when a car has been modified for racing. A lot of race series, particularly at the club and national level run on lower grip, non racing tyres, mainly for cost and safety reasons.

The cost issue is obvious, safety is down to the lower cornering speeds that lower grip tyres offer, reducing the forces involved and making accidents less serious.


I can understand that you may not like these type of events, but GT5:P race events have to appeal to a lot of people and events you dislike others will love, and the exact opposite is of course true.

However a personal dislike of a type of event does not make the grip levels unrealistic, nor does it make non-slick tyres on a race car unrealistic as this Formula Ford (in the dry and on cut tyres) shows...

formula_ford_front.jpg



...regards

Scaff
 
Yeah, I am happy to have both high and low PP races in expert events the same time, best thing to have really (besides being able to host your own races). I am finally happy to get some lower PP/N tyre races on a track that has been lacking in GT5P (IMO), but most everyone wants cars on rails. :indiff:

I'm with you in this one. :) 👍


Btw, Scaff, have you missed my pm?
 
JvM
I'm with you in this one. :) 👍


Btw, Scaff, have you missed my pm?

Yes I did miss the PM (sorry about that) and yes the toe values have been reversed between GT4 and GT5:P. However at least in GT5 its clear which is which, because it was never clearly labelled in GT4 a fair amount of discussion was had about which way they went.

Regards

Scaff
 
What are we complaining about here?

a) The fact that certain online events are restricting you with S and N-type tyres?
b) The grip levels offered from tyres N1 through to R3 is unrealistic?

I think grip levels are realistic. I also think that the grip levels offered throughout the range of available tyres is fine. I don't think they need to be changed.

Personal preferences will (hopefully) be satisfied when private, customisable servers arrive.
 
Yes I did miss the PM (sorry about that) and yes the toe values have been reversed between GT4 and GT5:P. However at least in GT5 its clear which is which, because it was never clearly labelled in GT4 a fair amount of discussion was had about which way they went.

Regards

Scaff

No problem, wasn't very urgent. :) Ok, I see. Thanks for the answer.

And sorry OP for little offtopic. :)
 
well I think it is interesting that most of the fastest guys are running Daytona beginner
could it be the tires and how there are no F2007 events ....and to many restrictions on the pro events.....I would like to see a no restriction event.... none ...car or PP......... just my opinion.


think less drive more ....on the edge of the .........GAME
 
well I think it is interesting that most of the fastest guys are running Daytona beginner
could it be the tires and how there are no F2007 events ....and to many restrictions on the pro events.....I would like to see a no restriction event.... none ...car or PP......... just my opinion.


think less drive more ....on the edge of the .........GAME

I asume you are joking...? Fastest guys I have met dont race beginner, and I have raced way to much...!

About tires, If you want a realistic experience fuji N3 is the place:tup:
 
Like I said,I'm not a whiner,& yes I like no RBE I never said anything about that. I am mainly concerned with unrealistic grip levels,think they have gone too far. Yes I am very competetive most of the time,thanks for your advice to practice though.

And oh yes I started in the beginning it has steadily became slicker & slicker to the point of feeling like wet races. would like races in expert with race tires so we can really use all the power of cars.

Sorry, I misunderstood your first post then. I thought your complaining about the grip levels in general ?
Have to agree about tyre choice for the events though ... said it before I don't like those restrictions at all. There really should be more events without ( any ) restrictions imo. 👍
 
Just food for thought:

Weight is not transferred to your Dualshock 3. There is no way for you to feel how much weight has shifted, or how fast, during a turn.

In your car you can feel that, in the game, you cannot. It is entirely possible that you are throwing the weight around too much, too quickly, which will cause your tires to lose traction much faster than a slower, less intense shift of weight.
 
I personally don't mind the new events' tires that much. The reason for that is because I use GT5:P to drift more than I race. However I would like no tire restrictions as well because at times I would like some competitive racing with other people but I'm not allowed to do so because the tires that PD gives us, are like a temptation to drift.

They should give us players at least one event with no restrictions on Expert and also one World Event also in Expert.
 
I'm with you vdub.

Unlimited tire was why I was in the Ferrari Events so much for the last two updates. It's a racing simulator, it only makes sense to have R tires on the cars.

It's a Driving simulator not a racing simulator.Like Mr_VOLCANO said,if you want a realistic experience,then try fuji on n3 tyres.I like the fact that the tyres being used are from the s and n group instead of being r tyres.As many people before me have said,it helps sharpen your driving skills and makes for better races and drivers.I spent a good five hours on fuji with n tyres last night,and in all that time i got hit about 4times,had some of the best races i have had in a while(outside suzuka) and found that the more you drive on n tyres,the better and faster you become on s tyres.Maybe this is the idea behind the madness of doing only n and s tyres on the Expert events.:dunce:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back